Chapter 5

Mr. Panda, Don't Be So Shy !

The first 3 classes flew so fast that it was time for lunch already.

Dayoung hopped away from her chair and stood in front of Tao's table. She decided to not bother about shooting eyes from her girl classmates, beaming happily, she asked, "You still have lunch with me, right ?"

Tao looked up with a confusing smile, "What are you talking about ? Of course, is there any reason for me to not to ?". Tao stood up and his tall figure shadowed over her. She shyly smiled and walked away with him.

 

***

 

Dayoung ran to the food counter and waved Tao over, "Pali Tao ! Or else there will be no seaweed soup for you today !" she hollered his favorite Korean soup, hoped that the carefree Panda could be faster. Tao calmly approached her and bowed at an ahjumma who treated him like her real son.

"Oh, Tao-ah ! I save seaweed soup for you today. I know you will be snapped at by this little Dayoung here" she said as she put a bow of soup into Tao's tray. "Thanks, ahjumma" Tao sheepishly smiled while rubbing his neck.

Dayoung pouted as she chipped up, "I want seaweed soup too !!" she held her tray out, looking at that ahjumma with hopeful eyes, but she gave her an apological look, "Sorry dear. Tao has the last one"

"What ?!" Dayoung scowled and playfully punched Tao's arm, "You panda ! It's all your fault that I am late and lost a soup to you !"

Tao chuckled and dragged his soup, but before he could put it into Dayoung's tray, she bid goodbye to an ahjumma and headed to their usual table. "I was just kidding ! You can enjoy your favorite soup, I don't bother you two" she laughed and Tao went after her with a shake of his head.

Tao sat down and a shadow covered his and Dayoung's sight.

Baffled, they both looked up only to find Jaekyung - the school est queenka - smiling down on Tao.

Tao blinked his eyes before scooting away a bit, "How can I help you ?"

Jaekyung flashed him her boy-killing smile and touched his jacket collar, "Hey, hottie ... Do you want to join us over there ? A table for hot people only ..." she seductively spoke and circled her finger on Tao's chest.

Tao grew alert and politely pushed her hand away, "I don't think I can. Because I am here with my friend" Tao said and smiled at Dayoung, who arkwardly nodded her head.

Jaekyung switched her target from Tao to Dayoung, she bent down so that she was facing her level, "Do you mind, Dayoung-ssi ? Because I am sure Tao will be more than famous if he hangs out with us", Jaekyung gave Dayoung treatening look.

Dayoung took a quick glance at her table, there were Kai, Sehun, Kyungsoo and some more girls who were after Jaekyung. She didn't want to stay away from Tao, but she knew he needs new friends, and those new friends need to be famous and 'cool' like her brother.

Dayoung gazed at Tao, who was confused, and lost at the situation. A soft chuckle escaped her lips and she sighed in giving in. "You are right, sunbae". Jaekyung smirked and quickly took Tao's arm and his tray, she pulled him up and started dragging him.

Tao was stunned and he managed to stop Jaekyung. "W-wait ! What about Dayoung ? Can you let her go with us ?" Tao blurted and he took Dayoung's hand.

Jaekyung shot a death glare to Dayoung. "She is not in the same level with us"

That hit Dayoung right on her heart. She bitterly bit her lips and carefully pulled her hand away from Tao. "You should make new friends and know more about how to be a kingka. I am not able to teach you those, though. I'll be fine ! Go go go !" Dayoung let out a too wide smile that hurtness could be seen by her closest friend.

Tao felt it, but before he could ask Dayoung anything else, Jaekyung used all of her effort pulling Tao and sat him down next to her at their table.

Dayoung weakly smiled and waved smally until Tao's attention was caught by the other girls and even Kai.

Her arm dropped and her shoulders did the same. Suddenly, she lost all her will to eat. Her only friend at school was literately leaving her side. And yet, she didn't feel regret as much as happy for him. *He will be better without me. I believe so. I am a reputation-ruiner towards any kingka*

 

***

 

Tao was like a lost puppy. He looked around his new so-called friends and found some familiar faces. *Kai and Sehun ... they are here, too ? Aren't they the ones who Dayoung hates as kingkas ?*

"Sup ! You are Tao, right ?" Kai held his hand out and friendlily smirked. Hesitantly, Tao shook his hand and nodded smally. "Yeh ..." *He has bright character just like Dayoung*

Kai nodded in acknowledge and sipped on his drink. "Sorry for our first meet. You know, we picked up on you. Sorry"

Tao bobbed his head as an okay. Jaekyung giggled and leaned in closer to Tao that her s literately touched his arm. Tao shot leaning back and gave her baffled look. She laughed in excitement. "Aw ~ Pure boy ~ How cute !" she pinched his cheek and Tao didn't like it at all.

He uneasily glanced at Dayoung and saw her poking her food with boreness. *I can't leave her like that*. Tao stood up but Jaekyung pulled him down, "Don't think about going back to her. That girl is disgusting that can't be with you. Once you are in my eyes, you can't go away" she warned and immediately smiled too sweet to Tao's taste.

*Ugly your asses* Tao, Sehun and even Tao thought. She dared to talk about Kai's sister, Sehun's crush, and Tao's bestfriend like that ?

"You shut your mouth off or I'll pour chilli down your throat, Jaekyung" Kai snarled and his eyes showed nothing but seriousness.

Jaekyung looked away but still had her arm around Tao's arm. "Believe me, you will forget her soon" she smirked and threw looks to Dayoung.

Tao didn't how can he do now. He didn't want Jaekyung to make a fuss about this. But he didn't want to see Dayoung like that.

Dayoung stood up from her seat and swiftly tossed her tray into a trash bin and headed out. She walked pass Tao, gave him her infamous eye-smile then left without a word.

"D-Dayoung !" Tao called but she was out of his sight already.

Sehun looked at her figure then turned to look at Tao. He arched an eyebrow, *They have a thing ... and I need to confess before this Tao guy has her*. Sehun casted Tao a long look and returned with his food after a while.

Tao looked down on his food and saw a bow of soup. His heart beated rapidly then slowed down. *Why everything turned out like this ? Why did you just act like stranger to me ?*

Kai sighed in defeat. *Silly boy has just turned down my sister ? Screw you if I find my angel cry because of you*

 

***

 

Tao found Dayoung at her locker and tapped her shoulder. Instead of jumping in surprise, Dayoung spun around with a calm look, as if she had expected Tao to do so.

"Oh, hi" Dayoung greeted while checking her books for the next 2 classes.

Tao took in a deep breath. "I am sorry for leaving you alone there !! Sorryyyy, Dayoung ahh !" he shut his eyes closed and looked down like a kid had done wrong.

She chuckled and started picking her steps, "Don't think that way. It was me so have to sorry. I didn't know I will be a er to you" she said with a jokeful tone. Which blinded Tao from recognizing her hurtness.

"Aniya ! You are my friend !! My first friend and my energy now" Tao admited and caught up with her.

*Yeah, just friend ...and friend shouldn't stay too close to each other, don't you know ?* Dayoung had such a negative thought for a very first time in her life. Dayoung grinned and patted his back, "I know I know~ And I am not mad at you, don't feel bad about it. You're deserved to be with them. Look at you, you are better than my brother" she laughed at the last part.

Tao could smile more comfortable now, "And you're deserve to let everyone know you are Kai's sister. You are just as gorgeous as him"

"Kai is gorgeous ?! Like really ?" Dayoung made a face and snorted.

They walked like that for a good couple of minutes then a crowd stopped their path.

It was Jaekyung and her crew.

"Tao, would you mind walking us to class ? Instead of that, ugrh !" she threw up as she looked at Dayoung.

Dayoung rolled her eyes and was about to say no, but she gave it a second thought. *Tao needs them, they will raise his popularity, not me*. With a secret sigh, Dayoung walked pass them.

"I'll see you in class, bye Tao. Just go with sunbaes" Dayoung assuringly said and bid goodbye.

"But - Dayoung !" Tao run after her but was stopped by Jaekyung.

"Come on, oppa. Don't run after a schoolnerd while a school queen is here, all for you" she bit his earlobe and Tao defended himself by his Kungfu-hand pose. *No, she is a girl after all ... you can't hit new friend, yet, a girl* Tao dropped his arms and unwillingly be led by those queenkas.

He texted Dayoung, right after realizing he didn't have the last 2 classes with her.

I'll treat you ice-cream ! Let's meet at your favorite ice-cream shop, okay ?

From: Panda Tao <3

A smile formed on Dayoung's face as soon as she read a message. *At least he still sees me as his friend*

____________________________________________________________________________________

Okay <3 I love you readers <3333

Tao is adorable here, right kekekeke :D:D