Meeting Mr. Panda

Mr. Panda, Don't Be So Shy !

It was just a normal morning at SM High. Dayoung was walking along a hallway with her arms full with books, stuffs and a pack of lollipop.

"These books are so heavy ! Blame my stupid brother for being so lazy and made his only sister take these to his classroom ! Grrhh" she mumbled angrily and she fastened up her steps, wanted to reach her brother's classroom right away.

And on her way, there was a crowd, with both girls and boys, who she could easily recognize as kingkas and queenkas of her school. *What is their problem now ?* she shook her head, thinking that they were flirting with each other.

As she came near them, she curiously peeked in, expected to see her brother, since he is a kingka also. *Is JongIn oppa here ?*

She stopped walking and carefully looked through the crowd.

To her expect, there was her brother. But to her annoyance, they were bullying a tall, new boy. In her eyes, a boy was rolling up into a ball, looking down and didn't dare to talk back even just a simple word 'Stop'.

"Yah ! New kid ! Can you speak ? No ? Ohhh poor you ! So you are mute !! Puahhaha !!" Kai hissed then he roared into laughter. Those queenkas laughed along and even praised him.

"Kai oppa ! You are so so y while saying that !"

Dayoung rolled her eyes at that. Her brother is such a pain in her life. She eyed the poor boy, seeing him shiver due to Kai's words, she felt bad for him.

Didn't think for twice, she pushed through the girls and stepped inside the crowd. She politely lit her face up and nicely smiled at all of the bullies, include her brother.

"Excuse me, but don't you guys have your own life to care about ? Why the hell you all pay your time doing such lame thing by bullying people ?!" she asked in her low tone, ever so nicely that sent shiver down to all the queenkas' spines. They hissed and stormed to Dayoung with burning eyes.

"Yah ! You bitc-" as soon as a queenka could curse her. Kai dragged her shirt back and shot her a look. "Don't curse at her". That queenka gasped, didn't know why Kai was acting like this.

Dayoung smiled sweetly at all of them, tilted her head and handed a bunch of books to Kai. "Jongin-ssi, could you bring those books to their owner ?"

Kai chuckled and ruffled her hair, "Okay, okay". He looked at the new boy once again after pushing his crew away from two of them.

As soon as Kai and his friends were out of her sight. Dayoung spun around and looked at a shaking figure next to her feet. Tao jumped up a little when he met her brown eyes. *She could shoo that fierce Kai away ... She is worser than them ?*

She sighed and sat on her knees, she placed her arms on her knees and looked at him. *Aigoo, he thinks I am one of them too ?*

Dayoung offered her hand out, which startled Tao. "Hi, I'm Dayoung. And I am not immature like those people, so don't get scared of me, okay ?". Tao looked up into her sweet eyes. His heart stopped beating for a beat. Tao bit his lips, didn't reply her as he scotted farway from her.

Dayoung frowned, "Hey ! I see you are new here. But if you are like this, you will never have a friend. And moreover, I want to be friend" she smiled and approached him. She stood up and bent down, held her hand out, nodded lightly, encouraged Tao to take her hand.

Hesitantly for a while, Tao slid his hand into her and stood up. *She looks nicer than those so-called kingkas and queenkas* he thought and breathed out in relief.

Dayoung chuckled, "Kai and his friends are y sometimes, just don't go near them" she knew what Tao was thinking and assured him first. "Now may I know your name ?"

Tao looked down and muttered, "I ...I'm ... Tao". He closed his eyes, thinking that she will laugh into his face like those new girls he met just a while ago, when they knew he was from China, they all . *She will feel disgusted of me now*

"Tao ? What a cute name ! So you are not Korean ?" her bright voice swept off his negative thought. Tao's eyes shot open and he stared at her. She smiled, "Right ?"

Tao managed a nod, stunned that she didn't act like those previous girls. "I ...am from China"

"Ah ! The exchange student, whom my teacher said about. You are in Class A12, Junior year, right ?" she talked non-stop, so happy to be the first one to meet a new student. Then she sheepishly smiled, rubbing her head, "Sorry, I talked so much. Can you understand me ?"

Tao finally let out a small smile, "I can't speak Korean well, but, I can understand it well"

Dayoung grinned and clapped her hands, "That's great ! You are so cool to know both Chinese and Korean ! I want to learn some language too, like ... Panda sound !" she said and laughed at her own joke. Tao secretly smiled, found this new girl is funny.

Dayoung glanced at her classroom, seeing the teacher was coming. She gasped, "Omo ! We are running late ! I'll take you to class then !". Without letting him understand the situation, she dragged him to her class.

 

***

 

Their homeroom teacher introduced Tao to the class.

"This is our new friend from China. He will be with us until you guys out of this school. So treat him well !"

"Nehhhhh !" all Tao could hear was Dayoung's voice. He looked at her waving at him and nodded lightly. All the other students were paying no attention in him. But because of her, he felt relieved.

Mr. Shin chuckled at Dayoung, "Dayoung. Not because Tao is handsome, you can be that hyper"

Dayoung blushed and hid her face. Tao breathed out happily. But in the corner of his eyes, he saw a guy eye him narrowly. It's Sehun.

Sehun had a crush on his bestfriend's sister, which happened to be Dayoung. But Dayoung just saw him as a brother. Seeing Dayoung acting all friendly to this new guy, Sehun was beyond irritated.

But Tao just shrugged it off, thinking Sehun was just happen to look at him.

"You can sit next to Dayoung" Mr.Shin said and Tao walked down to his seat. On his way, some girls snickered at him. "He is ugly" "He looks like a poor boy" "Look at those hair style, urgh"

Tao bit his lips nervously. As he walked to Sehun, the latter boy put his leg out, made Tao slip on his feet and slammed his face against the floor. *Not again* Tao thought and was too embarrassed to stand up.

Dayoung widened her eyes and quickly ran to Tao. "Tao-ssi, are you okay ? Lemme help you" she pulled him up and looked up at him. There was blood running out from his nose.

"Eh !" he squeaked and quickly excused herself, "Mr.Shin ! I will take Tao-ssi to the clinic ! As you can see what happened because of Sehun !". Mr.Shin nodded and waved his hand, "Take care"

Dayoung glared at Sehun, "You are a jerk for doing that, Sehun". Sehun pumped his fist on his table as Dayoung took Tao out.

 

***

 

"Are you okay now ? Sorry ... Sehun is all like that" Dayoung pouted lightly, as she had treated Tao's injury.

Tao nodded, spoke lowly with his voice, "I am fine. Thanks". Dayoung beamed at him and her eyes twinkled. She kept looking at his face, mostly around his eyes.

Tao grew confused as he leaned back, broke her eyes contact. Dayoung meekly laughed, "Sorry !! I was just thinking ... you look like a panda !" she blurted out.

Tao blinked at her, "...panda ?"

Dayoung nodded, "You don't know that word ? It's panda in english" she spoke in english. Tao blushed pink, "Me ... look like a panda ?"

Dayoung stuck her tongue out cutely and circle the skin below her own eyes, "Here, you have dark clouds, so cute"

*She thinks I am cute ?* Tao thought, completely amused by Dayoung.

Dayoung dreamily tapped her finger on her chin, giggled to herself, "Panda, panda, you are so shy you know ?".  Tao remained silent. Dayoung chuckled, "Do you have any friends here ?"

Tao shook his head, "I just move here yesterday because of my father's job. And, I am hated by people around here" he said with his head hung down.

Dayoung made a face, "Hey ! You offended me ! I do not hate you !" she friendly punched his arm. Tao looked up and let out a soft smile. "Hey ! You smile !" Dayoung pointed out. "I thought you don't know how to smile !"

Tao chuckled this time, "You think I could smile to people who bully me ? Not a great idea"

"Ahhh ! Because I don't bully you ! But ... I want everybody to see your smile ! It's beautiful !" Dayoung said in a loud tone.

Tao just looked at her. Dayoung then had an idea, "Hey, Tao. Do you want to change yourself ? Just like those kingkas ! You will be loved by most people here. And you could also meet new friends ! I'll help you !"

Didn't want to reject her very-happy idea. Tao just nodded. "Like it will happen". Dayoung smirked playfully, "Please, I am Dayoung. He-he"

 

***

 

^^! So ... this is not a one-shot LOL

It will be two-shot or three-shot then :D

I'll update more later <3