Why did you do this to me?

Just Another Nothing.

 

Cliff hangers are fun xDD
Sorry, like I didn't even plan to put that in but then I was like, WHY NOT? :D
and it just happened xD
Anyways~ I hope you enjoy this chapter~ sorry for any mistakes I missed.
disclaimer: I own nothing except the picture~
 

"If we didn’t come across each other, I wouldn’t be what I am now...
 
I won’t ever forget you..." 
 
"If we didn’t come across each other, I wouldn’t have loved you this much...
 
please don’t ever forget me..." 
 
 
I woke up in a cold sweat and panic. First, I had no clue where I was. Second, I felt like I was going to puke. And Third, why am I wrapped in so many blankets? I felt like I was going to suffocate. I really had no clue what was going on nor did I recall the events of last night. When I managed to get out of the cocoon of blankets I nearly tripped over a person who was sleeping kneeled at the bedside. I would've stopped to see who it was, if I wasn't about to vomit. I don't know how I knew, but somehow I just knew where the bathroom was. I entered my stomach's contents, which turned out to be extremely disgusting bile and...water? Then I remembered, The words being cut into me, getting woken up in the middle of the night, yelling, hands on my throat, cold water, no air, and then darkness. Shouldn't I be dead right now? I then realized how bad my throat hurt. I stood up from the toilet and limped over to the mirror. I then realized how badly my feet got cut up by the bottom of the pond. I looked at my reflection with horror. There were giant purple almost hand shaped bruises on my neck, I wasn't even in my own pajamas anymore... My heart sank when I realized where I was. How the did I even get here?! I looked down at my pajamas, they were his pajamas. They were too big and most importantly the shirt was short sleeved, my scars! He knows. Oh god...He knows! 
 
So many thoughts were running through my head, how did I get here? Why didn't I die? What was going to happen now? I was getting pretty dizzy so I tried to make my way back to the bed when he walked up. 
 
"You're awake! You need to get back in bed, you need to rest! You have a fever among other injuries!" I just stared blankly at him while trying to ignore black dots filling my vision and my balance leaving me. He noticed this and put his arm around my waist helping me back to bed. I didn't like being touched by him but I had no choice. Once he got me back under all those blankets and put a ton of pillows behind my back so I could sit up he handed me a pen and notepad while I blatantly glared at him. I really hate this. 
 
"So you're probably wondering how you got here..." He began. 
 
I wrote "No , Sherlock." on the notepad and showed it to him.
 
"Don't be rude. My brother and I saved your life last night!" 
 
"He's my brother, Minho. and I didn't want to be saved you should have just let me die." I showed him the notepad again and pretended I didn't see the flash of pain in his eyes when he read the last part. He hates me, he should want for me to die it shouldn't bother him.
 
"So anyway Key, Now back to what happened..."

 
In a state of panic last night, Kibum's grandmother knew she couldn't call the police... Not on her husband. There's too many risks for that so after several minutes of panic she called someone whom she always called when Kibum needed someone and she wasn't strong enough for it.
 
"Minho! Get Onew, come down here now! H-he dragged Key outside I think he dragged him down to the park! I don't know what he's going to do but he said he was going to teach him a lesson please hurry!" She cried.
 
That was all Minho needed he got out of bed put on some shoes and woke Onew as well. He told Onew what was going on and the both got in their cars, agreeing it'd be smarter to have two cars, and drove off towards the park in Kibum's neighborhood. We got to the park and we jumped out of our cars. I froze, There in the pond was the dark figure of a man holding something underwater...Oh god. If Onew hadn't have been there I wouldn't have been able to move. 
 
"Minho! I'll take care of the old man, you just get Key and get him out of here all right? You can take care of him right?" Onew demanded. Onew was so good under pressure. I quickly nodded and we took off into the water. Though we were sure the man could hear us coming he didn't stop holding Key under the water. That bastard. Onew came up behind the old man getting his arm around his neck and putting him to sleep. The old man slumped over and Onew yanked him away from Key. 
 
"Go!" He commanded. That was all Minho needed he dove for Key, who was unconscious under the water. He got Key onto land and checked for a pulse... ! At the moment Minho was thanking God he had taken a first aid class. He began mouth to mouth resuscitation. He finished the cycle and checked if Kibum was breathing. Come on Key! Don't die on me damn it! He began the cycle again. He did it two more times then finally, Kibum awakened. He sat up quickly coughing and hacking up water. Immediately Minho grabbed Kibum's arm over his shoulder and his arm around Kibum's waist. He rushed over to his car opening the passenger door placing Kibum in the seat and buckling his seat belt. Minho jumped in the driver's seat pausing a second to look over at Kibum. He had stopped coughing so hard and was now taking deep shuddering breaths. Minho reached over and put his hand on Kibum's soaked shoulder. Kibum's panicked eyes met his.
 
"Everything will be okay Key... I promise." Minho said starting the car and driving quickly to his house. He was so happy his step-mom and his father had left for a two week trip today so he wouldn't have any trouble getting Kibum in the house or having to go through explaining what happened. He looked over to Kibum and noticed the frail boy had fallen asleep. He parked his car in the driveway, he himself shivering from the cold water but ignoring it completely.  He reached over and unbuckled Kibum then exited the car going up to his front door and opening it so he could just carry Kibum straight in. He quickly ran back to his car opening Kibum's door. He gently picked up Kibum bridal style. As Minho carried him into the house awkwardly closing the door behind him he realized how light Kibum was. He was so boney... For the first time in a long time Minho got a good look at Kibum. His eyes widened. What happened to that bright kid he'd once known? He thought as he carried Kibum up the stairs to his room. This fragile boy in his arms was not the kid he'd known so long ago. He had changed so much... Why had Minho abandoned his friend? It was something he would always regret.
 
He made it to his room he sat Key on the floor leaning up against his bed so he wouldn't get it get... Now here comes the hard part. How would he get Kibum's clothes off? He had no problems seeing Kibum he just didn't want to wake Kibum. He held Kibum's left arm up and pulled the sleeve up successfully getting half of the shirt off. He did the same to the right side and after. What he saw when he lifted Kibum's shirt over his head was something he never expected. The words freshly carved in his skin the scars covering his arms. Minho decided he'd worry about it later, right now he needed to worry about getting Kibum warm. He managed to somehow get Keys pajama bottoms and underwear off only to see more scars. Minho fought back tears, for Kibum needed to be strong. He went over and got some of his pajamas and some boxers. Then he went to the bathroom and got a bunch of towels he threw most of them on the floor for later and took one over to Kibum. He dried off Kibum as carefully as he could; being extra careful around his wounds. Then he slid the bottoms and boxers on Kibum. But before he put his shirt on Kibum he went to the bathroom to get something to bandage and clean Kibum's wounds with. Minho looked at Kibum sadly as he bandaged his wounds...he couldn't believe it.  Was this what Kibum had become? Minho felt a piece of his heart shatter... How could he have abandoned Key when he had needed someone so much? Minho carefully pulled his shirt over Kibum's frail body. 
 
He went and picked the towels up off the floor  pushing aside his covers. He laid a few towels on his bed and one over his pillow, though he had dried Kibum off the best he could, the boy was still wet. He picked Kibum up again and gently laid him on the bed. He gently laid his covers back over Kibum then went to find more blankets. After putting a number of blankets on Kibum, because the poor boy was freezing and would probably have a fever in the morning, Minho kneeled down by Kibum's bedside. He rested his head against the bed finally feeling exhaustion set in. He fell asleep with fleeting thoughts of Kibum's many scars and cuts... 
 

 
"...and you don't have to worry about Onew he hasn't seen your...You know...he stayed over at your place to help your Grandmother with your Grandfather and he hasn't come back yet..." Minho finished. 
 
I stared at Minho in terror. My dread worsened when Minho took one of my arms running his fingers along the scars. Some of them a deep red, they were raised, some of the a faint white, smooth and barely visible and some just in between.
 
"Kibum... What happened to you? I'm so sorry I left you... It's probably too late now but Kibum I want to be your friend... I want help you." I grabbed the notepad and wrote:
 
"don't tell anyone, please." 
 
"I won't..." Minho whispered... Before Minho could speak again Onew burst in the room and I quickly hid my arms under the blankets.
 
"Key! Oh my god! You're okay! I was so worried!" Onew exclaimed rushing to my side... Sure. He was worried. I didn't believe him...
 
"Yah! Minho, what are you doing?! Look at him he's flushed!" Onew scolded Minho putting his palm against my forehead. 
 
"Oh my god! You're burning  up!" Onew  exclaimed running out of the room to get a thermometer. Minho quickly jumped up and got his jacket out off his desk chair. He came over to me and offered to help me put it on. I just glared at him and took the jacket. I could put it on by myself. I leaned up wincing at the pain it caused to move even a little. After a few painful tries I managed to get the jacket on not even bothering to zip it. Then a thought dawned on me. What happened to my pajamas? They were Jonghyuns! As much as I didn't want to admit it I didn't want to lose Jonghyun's pajamas. I grabbed the note pad and wrote: 
 
"My pajamas?" and shoved it in Minho's face.
 
"Oh I tried to save them for you, I put the in the washer and  dryer.  They should be dry by now, I'll get them for you later." Secretly I was relieved. 
 
When Onew returned he took my temperature, discovered I did have a fever.He said I should be in a hospital but since we all knew I'd end up a lot worse when I got out of the hospital because Grandfather would kill me, he then forced me to take some horrible medicine that hurt like hell to swallow. Well actually it hurt to even swallow my own spit and breathe. He then got me some chicken noodle soup and made Minho feed it to me. Which wasn't working very well. I kept holding up my notepad which said I could feed myself.
 
"Come on, Key! Just eat it!" Minho said I shook my head.
 
"Oh come on, do I need to feed you like a little kid? Open up Kibummie, Here comes the train!" Minho grinned pushing the spoon in Kibum's face. Seeing Minho's smile again up close... My heart started beating faster. No! Kibum stop it! I'm so pathetic... And here's no way he loves you. He just feels sorry for you... Finally I gave in and let Minho feed me the soup and he kept making stupid jokes saying "here comes the train!" every time he gave me another spoonful... He really hasn't changed has he?  After most of the soup was gone Minho sat on the floor by my bed, apparently I couldn't be left alone. Minho had even skipped school today. I wasn't worth it I don't know why he was doing this, because he felt sorry for me?  I leaned back against the pillows trying not to concentrate on the pain running through my body. I was suddenly very tired, I slowly shut my eyes and drifted off into sleep.

I was back in time. It was the summer after 7th grade, when school started again we'd be in 8th grade, I had invited Minho on vacation with me and my grandparents to America.  We were staying with my grandfather's son, who was extremely successful and not to mention rich. His mansion,which we were staying in was huge. We were out on the back patio, laying in a large love seat together, his house was on the water so we had a beautiful view. Minho was leaning back and I was between his legs my back rested against his chest and my head on his shoulder. We were currently trying to eat ice cream cones which was kind of difficult in this position.
 
"Yah! Choi Minho if you drop that ice cream on my outfit, I swear I will kill you!" I exclaimed playfully as Minho  attempted to eat his ice cream. While I could easily eat mine; I was purposely making it hard for Minho to eat his. 
 
"Well if you would quit moving around I wouldn't have these issues!" Minho exclaimed. 
 
"I have no idea what you are talking about!" I laughed finishing off my ice cream cone and then I got an idea. I snatched his ice cream out of his hand and squirmed until I successfully turned around to where I was basically straddling Minho. 
 
"Since you are just so incapable of eating cream by yourself, I'll help you!" I grinned and Minho just glared at me. Then suddenly got a mischievous look in his eyes. He swiped a dollop of ice-cream out of the cone and smeared it on my cheek. 
 
"Minho!" I shrieked.
 
"What? I didn't do anything!" He grinned playfully sticking his tongue out at me. 
 
"How am I supposed to get this off my face?! We don't have any napkin out here!" I exclaimed. He got that mischievous look  in his eyes and leaned forward the ice cream off my face. I blushed a bright red, why was my heart beating so fast?  My eyes locked on his smoldering ones as he pulled back his handsome face so very close to mine and before I knew it his lips were on mine. My heart nearly stopped, I couldn't believe this was happening I'd been waiting for this...But... 
 
After that we both apologized saying we just got caught up in the moment and never spoke of it again...Even though I had really hoped for something else..

 
We were still on vacation but this time we were in the room we shared together. It was a beautiful room, it even had a balcony. We were sitting on the bed and I was forcing Minho to listen to my favorite english song for the hundredth time. We were laying on the bed, and I got an idea. I pressed pause.
 
"Minho! Why don't you sing it with me? You can take the guys part and I'll sing the girls part! It'll be amazing!" Though Minho would never admit it, he was a good singer, I got him to sing to me all the time. I enjoyed singing sometimes to... and I had to admit I was pretty good at it. 
 
"No Key!" Minho sighed.
 
"But Minho! It would make me really happy, and I know you know the words! I've played it so many times! Please?" I pouted, Minho could never say no when I pouted.  
 
"NO! I can resist your pouting, I'm immune to it!" Minho exclaimed
 
"Please Minho~?" He stared at me for a minute the finally gave in.
 
"Yay!" I exclaimed smiling brightly. I started the song again. 
 
"And hey darling
I hope you're good tonight
And I know you don't feel right when I'm leaving
Yeah I want it but no I don't need it
Tell me something sweet to get me by
'Cause I can't come back home till they're singing
 
La, la la la la la la
 
'Til everyone is singing..." I was so mesmerized by his deep voice I almost didn't start singing when it was my turn. 
 
"And hey sweetie
Well I need you here tonight
And I know that you don't want to be leaving me
Yeah you want it but I can't help it
I just feel complete when you're by my side
But I know you can't come home 'til they're singing
 
La, la la la la la la..." 
 
I spent the rest of the night getting Minho to sing with me. It was a lot of fun we ended up not being able to sing at one point because we couldn't stop laughing...
 

The next day, My grandparents and My grandfather's son and his wife left to go visit some boring museum thingy that they'd be at pretty much all day so that left me and Minho alone in a giant mansion. We were currently going through my grand father's sons stuff in his room that he shared with his wife. 
 
"Oh my god! Ew! Minho! Look at this!" I gestured to the curtain things they had that hung on the sides of their bed blocking the sides of their beds from view, I had pulled the curtain back and to my disgust found dried stains covering the inside of the curtain. 
 
"Oh gross! But you'll never guess what I found, Come look!" Minho grinned and lead Kibum over to a side table with a bunch of drawers. Minho open the drawer and pointed to a pink bottle. It was a bottle lube. 
 
 
"Oh my god! It's strawberry flavored!" I laughed, I looked over at Minho and grinned. 
 
"I dare you to taste it!"
 
"Ew! No!" Minho exclaimed.
 
"Are you afraid of a little bottle of lube?" I teased.
 
"I'll taste it if you taste it." I made a disgusted face. 
 
"Fine!" Minho then went to grab the bottle out of the drawer...
 
"It's stuck the bottom of the drawer!" He laughed. When he finally got it out. He flipped the lid open and squirted a little on my finger.
 
"The bottle is sticky, this is so gross! Why are we doing this?!" He asked while he squirted some on his hand and put it back on the drawer.
 
"So we can look back on this and laugh at how stupid we were!" I smiled.
 
"Of course, Key, Of course." He shook his head grinning.
 
"Okay, let's do this! One, two, three!" I exclaimed and we both it off our fingers.
 
"THAT DOES NOT TASTE LIKE STRAWBERRIES!" He exclaimed.
 
"EWWWWW THIS TASTES HORRIBLE!" I yelled  as we  ran to the bathroom to wash the taste out of our mouths. Sometimes, Minho and I are idiots. So while we were in the bathroom we decided to look around. I went into the little room where they had their toilet and almost died laughing.
 
"Minho! Come here they have a bidet!" I laughed. 
 
"What's a bidet?" Minho asked as he walked over. I looked at him and grinned.
 
"You use it after you go to the bathroom to...clean... yourself." Minho looked disgusted.
 
"You mean like..down there and stuff?"
 
"Yep!" I grinned. As we went into the little room to inspect it. It had two knobs on the back and one turn-y thing in the middle. 
 
"I wonder how you turn it on." Minho said while playing with the knobs. Unfortunately for him after a few minutes of playing with it, he found out how to turn it. You see the turn-y nob thing in the middle controlled how hard the water sprayed out and he had turned it up to the highest setting. SO when he went to play with the knobs that the water...Well. The water shot up hitting him directly in the face. 
 
"OH MY GOD!" He jumped back while I was dying on the floor because I was laughing so hard. Then he looked at the water and started laughing too.
 
"Why the does it spray so hard! Look the water is hitting the ceiling!" He laughed as he rushed to turn it off. 
 
"That looks so painful!" I laughed. It took us forever to stop laughing. Water had gotten everywhere it was dripping off the wall. After that we decided to never go in their room again.

That vacation was amazing, Minho and I had such a good time together. Such a good time I got a little hope...I mean Minho and I had kissed. That had to mean something...Right? So when we entered the 8th grade I decided to confess to him. We were sitting in his room doing our homework together. The words he often said floated through my mind "It's okay if you like boys Key, just don't like me." But I ignored it. I had to do this. We finished our homework and that was when I decided to do it. 
 
"Minho..." I said looking down at the floor.
 
"Yeah, Key?" He said looking up.
 
"Minho...um... I like you Minho. Like...I like like you. I have ever since that first time we met and you saved me from those bullies, and I really don't just like like you...I kind of...uh...I love you." I said quickly playing with my shirt nervously daring to look up once and I regret doing it because the look on his face haunts me to this day. He looked shocked, confused, and disgusted. Completely revolted by the thought I loved him.
 
"Key...I'm sorry I only like you as a friend." I could feel my heart break into a million pieces. After that I left...and that day was one of the worst days of my life. That day the abuse from my grandfather got worse and I hated myself even more than before I needed someone to comfort me I need someone to lean on. At school Minho was pretty much ignoring me.
 
"Hi, Minho!" I smiled at him.
 
"...Hey, Key." he mumbled walking away to talk to other people. Later on I tried to talk to him again. 
 
"Hey Minho, can I come over tonight?" I really wanted to get away from my house. I was terrified to go home.
 
"Sorry, Key. I'm busy." he said, he wouldn't even look me in the eyes anymore. After that he cut his hair. I watched him laughing and smiling with new friends. It broke my heart, I cried myself to sleep every night for months. 
Then one night I got an idea, I was in the bathroom crying. In the little cabinet above the toilet was a pair of haircutting scissors because My Grandmother has to cut my Grandfathers hair. I grabbed the scissors and pulled up my sleeve. I took a deep breath and slashed and slashed on the same spot over and over again. The scissors weren't very sharp so it took a while and I got pissed so I slashed even harder. The tears ran even harder down my face. I was worthless, Minho hated me he wouldn't talk to me anymore and he got better friends than me. He's disgusted with me. He left me. and the abuse, constantly getting told how much of a failure I was. I couldn't take anymore. Finally I finished, it hurt like hell but I liked it. It wasn't even that deep but it bled a little and that's what I needed. I put the scissors away  pulled my sleeves down and  went to my room. I laid down on my bed and then what I just did dawned on me. I just cut myself. I just cut myself. I'm so pathetic, I can never do that again. I can't. But I  did. I kept doing it and doing it. I was alone...So alone.

 
I woke up and tears sprang to my eyes...Those weren't dreams, those were memories. Why? Why did that have to happen? Why now? I looked over at the clock. School should be over now. I knew I'd regret doing this. But I got my notepad and started writing. Minho was still in here he was sitting on the floor messing with his phone but then he noticed I was awake he was about to say something but before he could I shoved my notepad in his face... On it were three simple words.
 
"I need Jonghyun."
 

Kibum didn't die! :D I wouldn't do that, I like happy endings so xD
Hope you enjoyed :D