Perception

Black Butterflies and Gray Roses

Chaerin's POV
------------------------------------
Predjudice and blindspots. That's what society consists of. Cruel, isn't it? That you can be judged on what other's percieve of you. Black equals bad and white equals purity. Darkness doesn't always represent evil and same goes for white. Society is the monster we created and it's evidence that we're all ignorant hypocrites. 
That seems harsh but that's how I see everything now. I can't help it. It's the world we live in. Having to push through society everyday tires me. I live in a world where only looks will get you anywhere. I know in America, it's your skills that matter little bit more than your physical looks. 
However, I live in Seoul of South Korea, the place where looks and social status matters and it's the place where you would go to mentally suicide. 

Ever since I was born, I thought I lived in the perfect world. I was free, everyone loved me with deep affection, no one judged me and I still had my innocence. As I progressed in life, I have seen that your looks began to have more importance, your social status became emphasized, wealth showed where I was in life and my clothes gave me a role to play at school.

I never knew how much these things meant until freshman year at Dongsae High School. I was about fourteen at the time and new to my surroundings. I didn't wear make up, I was innocent and fresh out of middle school. I didn't even know the school was noctorious for having severe bully cases. My first day was alright. Tiring but okay. The only thing was go through the hallways, invisible to the human eye, and attend classes. I didn't even eat lunch. 
I never got bullied in middle school. I fit in just fine in middle school, even though there were some bullies, but they never bullied me though. I ignored them. 
The second day of school was a bit bad. I was walking in the hallway and all of a sudden, I got pushed to the ground. I dropped all my books. I looked up and I saw the 'queens' of the whole school. Even though it was only the second day of school, I already knew who the bullies were. It's easy to spot them. They were those girls who wore their skirts way too high, had on way too much makeup, tortured their hair and walked the hallways as if it  was their runway. 
" Get out of our way, loser. " The leader spat at me. Her name is Kim Hyuna. She always leads the group in the school, always in the front. Her two followers were Min and Jia. Anything Hyuna does, they followed along. 
With that, they strutted as if they were models. I picked up my things and just continued with school. 

After a few months at the school, I developed a crush on a guy named Lee Min Ho. But he was dating some girl named Dara. They were always together so I didn't get a chance to confess to him. I didn't care if he was dating someone, he should know my feelings. I remember there was this one time he was alone and I bluntly confessed to him and I told him that I didn't expect him to like me back. It was a mature confession. Nothing was awkward. 

The next day was hell. I was beatened, humiliated in front students and I was just plainly degraded by mainly the Three Queens. I didn't understand why I was being bullied and I cried for two weeks because of that. I returned to school as the outcast and everyone's toy. Bullied almost everyday, people even came to my house and TP'ed it. My parents removed me from the school after freshmen year. Even though the bullies were gone, the hell was ripped from my sight, the demons in my head stayed with me. They haunted me over the summer. My perception changed. Everything that was bright was now dark and ugly in my eyes. Nothing was the same anymore. No more innocence, just destruction. 

During the summer, as my perception changed, so did my style. I changed how I looked gradually. I went from wearing average, plain clothes to wearing black leather, stylish blouses  skirts, and etc. I bleached my hair blonde. That was the beginning of a whole new me. Towards the end of the summer, my father got into some bad business. We were in financial crisis. My mother ran away with another man, my father grieved by getting involved with the Asian Mafia. Everything...changed. 

I admit I felt depressed during those times. But now I've learned to be inhumane; My feelings are just held down.  With my dad and his involvement with the Mafia, I'm already getting some bad attention from the neighbors..that's how the rumors started. Everyone assumes I'm one of the gangsters as well so many avoid me and were afraid of me. Well, they can go it. 

Predjudice is annoying and frankly, I have a 0% percent tolerance for anything I do not like.