5

A Pig Mistake

 

Grace got into her car and waited. After she left, Chanyeol left his house with a huge grin on his face and went over to the next house. It was made out of thin sticks, stuck together. Grace waited for about ten minutes when he walked out of the house and went over to the next house. She grinned. Time for my next plan, Grace thought. She got out of her car and grabbed the second basket from behind the car. She smoothed out her outfit and confidently walked to the stick house. Grace put on her biggest smile and rang the doorbell. She waited for a few seconds when the door opened, revealing a really pretty girl. Wait, a girl?

 

“Hello. Who are you?” the 'girl' asked. Grace blinked. The voice was too deep for a girl.

 

“I'm looking for the owner of the house. Where is he?” Grace asked, a bit confused at the situation.

 

Luhan looked at her and burst out laughing. “You must be making a mistake here. I'm the owner of this house,” Luhan said after calming down.

 

“Eh?!” Grace cried, completely shocked. “But you look like a girl!”

 

The smile on Luhan's face instantly vanished. His right eye twitched as he processed what Grace just said.

 

“Girl?” he repeated, his voice slightly shaking. Grace's hand flew to . Did I say something wrong? Grace thought.

 

“I'm . . . I'm sorry!” Grace answered, bowing. Luhan softened and smiled. Good thing she said sorry or I would have snapped, Luhan thought, relieved. She's pretty so I don't wanna scare her.

 

“Nah, it's okay. Everybody makes mistakes,” Luhan replied, patting her shoulder. Grace straightened up and gave him a shy smile. Luhan smiled wider.

 

“So, what's that?” Luhan asked, pointing at the basket. Grace looked down and remembered her mission.

 

“Ah! Your welcome gift!” Grace said, bringing up the basket. Luhan's eyes widened.

 

“Wah! Thank you so much!” Luhan said, accepting the gift. Grace beamed, hiding a smirk behind her smile. So naive, thought Grace.

 

“I heard we had new neighbors so I decided to make that for you,” Grace said, shyly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Luhan noticed the action and smiled. Cute, he thought. Grace slightly smirked again as she saw Luhan's smile. Thanks for noticing, idiot, Grace thought.

 

“Wow! You made this for me?” asked Luhan, excited and happy. Grace eagerly nodded.

 

“Do you like it?” Grace asked tentatively.

 

“Of course I do. It looks really pretty,” answered Luhan. “Like you.”

 

He mumbled the last one, thinking that Grace didn't hear it. But her good hearing picked up the line. Grace looked down and hid her smile. Yes, almost there. Now just invite me in, she thought.

 

“What's your name?” Luhan asked.

 

“If you let me in, I'll tell you,” Grace slyly asked. Luhan chuckled and stepped aside. Yes! Grace thought. She went in and marveled at the inside of the house. The outside looked a little bit weird, but the inside was spectacular. On her right was the living room, with wood couches and tables. There was a computer on her left, blaring music. Luhan closed the door and eyed Grace up and down. At least someone in this town is pretty, he thought. Grace looked to her left and saw the brown kitchen.

 

“My name's Luhan. What's yours?” he asked, holding out his hand. Grace turned around and gave him a big grin.

 

“Grace,” she answered, shaking his hand.

 

“Have you met my brothers?” he asked. Grace pretended to be confused. She shook her head. She knew they were going to ask that.

 

“They live next door,” he further explained.

 

Grace nodded like she understood. “Ah! So they're your brothers? I thought they were just your friends,” she said.

 

“Yeah, we don't really look alike,” Luhan chuckled.

 

“So if you need anything, just tell me. I'll gladly help you,” Grace said. Luhan nodded and smile.

 

“Thanks! And maybe next time I can invite you for dinner?”

 

Grace giggled. “Sure. See you.”

 

She walked out the house, making sure that she swayed her hips sensually. She could feel Luhan looking at her. Grace heard the door closed. She stopped her walking and ran to her car, grabbing the last basket. She waited for a minute before walking to the next house, the brick one. She took a deep breath and let it out. She rang the doorbell.

 

Lay looked up from his book. It's probably Chanyeol again, he thought. He put the book down and opened the door.

 

“Chanyeol, what do yo—?”

 

“Chanyeol?” Grace said. Lay looked at the girl in front of him. Oh crap, he thought.

 

“Sorry. I thought you were someone else,” Lay answered. Grace smiled.

 

“It's fine,” Grace answered. There was a small silence. She bit her lip. Why is this happening? Why is he quiet? Grace thought.

 

“So, um, why are you here?” Lay asked awkwardly.

 

“Oh! I wanted to welcome my new neighbor,” answered Grace, giving him the basket. Lay looked at it in surprise. He hesitantly took it, bowing to Grace.

 

“Um, thanks,” Lay mumbled. This is so awkward, he thought. And she's actually pretty. But I have to keep up my image. No girls! Be cold, Lay. Be mean!

 

So . . . um,” Lay started.

 

“If you need any help going around town, you can ask me,” Grace said. Lay nodded and closed the door. Grace dropped her smile. She was angry. She was pissed. This guy didn't even look like he was interested in her at all! His brothers are better. It's gonna be hard taking him, she thought. I should just take the first one. But at least he isn't stupid like the other two. Ugh I haven't even gotten his name.

 

She turned around and went straight to her car. She sighed in frustration as she got in. It was still bothering her. In all her life, no guy had resisted her. No guy had closed the door on her face. And now that . . . that human had said no! If only I could kill him, she thought. But he's too good of a meal to pass.

 

She started her car and drove back home, planning how to get the last brother. She parked and went inside her house. As she stepped inside, arms wrapped around her neck, a head nestling on her shoulder.

 

“What is it, Taeyang?” Grace asked, irritated. “I'm not in the mood for this.”

 

----------------------

Next chap: !

Get ready for it. It's my first time so tell me what you think. It's really weird writing it. I feel like I'm committing a crime. -.-