11

A Pig Mistake

 

Fifteen minutes into the movie, the doorbell rang. Chanyeol stood up and grabbed his wallet. He opened the door and paid the delivery man. He took the food and laid it on the table. Grace grabbed one of the boxes and opened it. She broke her chopsticks and started eating. Yum, she thought blissfully. Chanyeol sat down beside Grace and started devouring his food. He felt so hungry since they both skipped lunch. Eating ice cream and cotton candy wasn't his definition of lunch.

 

They both continued eating and watching the movie. They were at the part where the Wolf came to the stick's house. He huffed and puffed until the stick house went down. Aww, poor pigs, Grace thought. The first and second pig ran as quickly as they can to the brick house. Their older brother welcomed them in and shut the door. Even the piano is brick, Grace thought after seeing the piano. When somebody pounded on the door, the first two pigs ran underneath the bed and hid there, scared. Grace was so into the movie that she never noticed Chanyeol smiling at her. She's so cute, he thought.

 

“Aaaaaah,” Chanyeol said, putting the chopsticks filled with food in front of Grace's mouth. Grace looked at him before accepting the food, chewing cutely.

 

Chanyeol couldn't help but pinch her cheeks. “Ah, you're so cute!”

 

Grace blushed and pried his hands off of her cheeks. “That hurts, Chanyeol.”

 

“But your cheeks are so squishy!”

 

“Are you saying I'm fat?” Grace asked even though she was joking. Chanyeol paled and vigorously shook his head.

 

“No, no! That's not what I meant!” Chanyeol quickly said, moving his hands around. Grace laughed and pecked his cheek.

 

“I was just kidding,” she said, smirking. Chanyeol pouted and crossed his arms.

 

“Meanie,” he mumbled.

 

“But you like this meanie,” Grace answered, looking up at him. Chanyeol smiled and pecked her cheek.

 

“Yeah, I do,” he replied. Grace's heart skipped a beat. Her eyes grew big and she touched her chest. Not this again. Stop swaying me, Chanyeol, Grace thought.

 

Chanyeol kept feeding her the food. For some reason, it was nice when he fed her. The feeling was alien and new but she surprisingly liked it. Even though her conscience told her not to fall in love, she didn't want to not enjoy this. She would play along but she would like it, even though in the end, she still had to eat him.

 

It was seven when they finished all their food. Grace had ordered five boxes of food since she thought Chanyeol might be really hungry. And she was right. Grace ate two while Chanyeol ate three. Chanyeol burped loudly and patted his stomach. The movie had ended already. Grace laughed and stood up, throwing away the boxes. Chanyeol went to the kitchen and got two glasses of water. He went back to the living room and set the water down on the table. He sat down beside Grace and pulled her closer. She in return nuzzled her head on his chest, breathing in his scent.

 

“Can you stay over?” Chanyeol asked. Grace looked up.

 

“Of course,” she answered. Chanyeol smiled and put his head on top of hers. As they both closed their eyes, they slowly drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

Grace woke up with something heavy and huge on top of her. She blinked and saw that it was Chanyeol. She remembered yesterday's events and smiled. Chanyeol had fallen on top of Grace when he fell asleep, crushing Grace between the couch and him. She gently pushed him off of her and stood up, stretching her muscles and limbs. She walked to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. She almost dropped it as a pair of hands s around her waist.

 

Grace put a hand on her chest. “God Chanyeol. You scared me.”

 

Chanyeol groggily placed his chin on her shoulder. “Sorry.”

 

Grace turned around and placed her hands around his neck. “Morning, Yeol.”

 

Chanyeol's eyes snapped open. “Yeol?”

 

Grace laughed. “Your new nickname.”

 

“My new . . . nickname?” he slowly asked, still trying to accept the news.

 

“Yes, Yeol,” Grace said, smiling. Something in his mind clicked and he crushed her into his arms, Grace gasping in surprise.

 

“Yeol, what's wrong?” She was a bit scared of what just happened.

 

“Nothing. Just let me hold you like this,” he whispered. I think I'm in love with you, Grace, he thought.

 

Grace softened and hugged him back. They both stayed in that position until Chanyeol released her, blushing.

 

“Sorry about that,” he mumbled. Grace smiled.

 

“It's okay,” she answered.

 

“Ah! What do you want for breakfast?” he asked.

 

“Bacon!” Grace excitedly answered. Chanyeol grinned and pushed Grace towards the dining room.

 

“Wait here,” he said and went back to the kitchen. She pouted and tapped her fingers on the wooden table, watching Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol got out the pack of bacon and put it in a bowl of hot water. He the stove and placed a pan filled with oil. He waited for a fifteen minutes until the bacon wasn't frozen anymore. He took out each bacon and placed it inside the oil. Soon, popping and sizzling noises were heard throughout the house. Grace sniffed the air and sighed happily. Smells so good. I can't wait to eat it, Grace thought, her stomach grumbling loudly.

 

After twenty minutes of waiting, Chanyeol finally finished cooking and laid the delicious bacon in front of Grace. She her lips and stared at it hungrily. Chanyeol saw her reaction and chuckled.

 

“Are you that hungry?” he asked. Grace nodded.

 

“For bacon I am,” she answered, picking up her spoon and fork. She dug in her food and smiled happily. She loved meat ever since she was born. Or maybe it was because she was different from humans. She chewed her food and swallowed. Grace sighed in joy. Chanyeol started eating his food when his phone rang. They both looked at each other before he stood up and picked up the call. Grace heightened her hearing sense and quietly listened to Chanyeol's conversation.

 

“Hello?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“It's me, Lay. Can you pick up some groceries for me? Just some vegetables, fruits, and meat?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I'm staying late at work. I won't be home until three or four in the morning. I'll pay you back when I come home,” Lay answered.

 

“Okay. Should I keep it in my house or yours?”

 

“Mine. You know where the key is, right? Just put it on the counter if you want,” he said.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Thanks, Chanyeol. Bye.”

 

“Bye.” Chanyeol hung up and went back to the dining room.

 

“Who was that?” Grace asked, curious. She couldn't really hear. Just some bits and pieces from their conversation.

 

“My brother, Lay. He needs some groceries,” Chanyeol answered. He bit his lip. Should I ask her? Chanyeol thought.

 

Grace nodded and went back to eating. “Hey, Grace. Do you wanna come with me to buy groceries?” Chanyeol asked sheepishly.

 

Grace smiled and nodded. “Sure. I have nothing to do anyways.”

 

Chanyeol beamed. “Thanks! Let's go after we're done eating!”

 

Grace nodded and finished eating her breakfast. They both put their plates in the sink and went to the bathroom to brush their teeth. Luckily, Chanyeol gave Grace a new toothbrush. Chanyeol insisted to brush each others teeth and Grace couldn't say no to that face. They finished brushing and rinsed their mouths. Grace grabbed her purse from the counter and waited for Chanyeol. Grace held out her hand as Chanyeol walked towards her. He looked surprised but happily accepted it. They both walked out hand in hand.

 

Luhan walked out of his house and stopped abruptly as he saw Chanyeol and Grace. “What the? Chanyeol got himself a girl? Ah, it must be that girl he likes,” Luhan said to himself. “I wonder who she is.”

 

Luhan tried peeking at Grace's face but their backs were facing him. He sighed disappointingly. “Oh well, maybe he'll introduce her to me later.”