4

A Pig Mistake

 

Luhan!” Chanyeol shouted as he barged in his older brother's house. Luhan looked up from his computer and gave an irritated glance at Chanyeol.

 

“What do you want, Chanyeol?” he said, going back to his computer.

 

“I met a girl!” shouted Chanyeol. Luhan slowly turned his head to meet Chanyeol's creepy and wide grin.

 

“You've met thousands of girls, Chanyeol. Is it one of those crazy fan girls? We've had enough of that,” replied Luhan, pointing to a stack of gifts in the corner of the room, the same in Chanyeol's house.

 

“No! It's a real girl this time and she's really hot!” Chanyeol argued. Luhan raised his eyebrow and took of his glasses.

 

“Really?” asked Luhan, his real personality starting to come out. Chanyeol nodded excitedly, his hair bouncing.

 

“Yes. Do you believe me?” Chanyeol asked, putting his hands on his hips.

 

“I don't know. If I meet her . . .,” he trailed off, giving Chanyeol a hint. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at Luhan, suspicious.

 

“NO! She's mine!” shouted Chanyeol. Luhan pouted and smirked.

 

“Fine, fine. You can have her. Maybe she's not pretty . . .,” he trailed off again.

 

“Luhan! If you've seen her, you would fall in love with her. She's pretty, hot, y . . . I think I've fallen in love with her!” declared Chanyeol dreamily. Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

“As if. You're just delusional, Chanyeol,” Luhan replied.

 

“I am n—!” he started.

 

“Keep it down!” a voice interrupted them.

 

“Lay!” both Luhan and Chanyeol exclaimed, eager that their other brother came out of his house.

 

Lay rolled his eyes. “Oh come on, the neighbors already left. Is it that surprising that I came out of my house?”

 

“Yes!” they both shouted. Lay just gave them a shocked look.

 

“Anyway, here's a few gifts that they gave me. You can have them,” said Lay, throwing more than a few gifts on the floor.

 

“Dude, that's more than what you just said,” Luhan said. Lay shrugged.

 

“I'm your big brother,” Lay just said.

 

“Are you kidding me? You just keep using that excuse if you need or want something!” Luhan argued.

 

“Just throw it away then!” Lay snapped. Chanyeol sighed and decided to break up the fight.

 

“Okay, okay. Guys, calm down,” Chanyeol said in a soothing voice, raising his hands in an attempt to stop them.

 

“You calm down!” they both shrieked. Chanyeol stepped back, appalled by the harmony of his two older brothers. Luhan and Lay never got along all these years, much less say the same thing at the same time.

 

“Okay, sheesh. And I'm the youngest,” Chanyeol muttered under his breath.

 

“Just do it, Luhan,” Lay said, sighing.

 

“Why can't you do it, huh? You have a trash can!” replied Luhan.

 

“Luhan,” Lay warned.

 

“Lay,” Luhan shot back.

 

“I met a girl!” Chanyeol blurted out, desperate to stop them. They both turned to him with raised eyebrows.

 

“You what?” Lay slowly said.

 

“I met a girl this morning,” Chanyeol said, his excitement coming back. “She was so pretty and y and h—“

 

“I don't care,” Lay interrupted, holding up his hand. He turned around and walked out of the house, leaving an open-mouthed Luhan and a sad Chanyeol.

 

“YAH! Come back here, Lay!” shouted Luhan. A second later, they could hear a door slam.

 

“Well, that worked,” Chanyeol spoke out loud. Luhan gave him a glare and Chanyeol shut up. Luhan sighed and ran his fingers through his light brown hair.

 

“Are you gonna ask her out?” Luhan asked, going back to his computer.

 

“Huh? Who?”

 

“That girl you met and the girl you told me about,” answered Luhan.

 

“Oh, yeah!” Chanyeol grinned. “Should I ask her out?”

 

“If you like her so much that you came busting in here, then yes.”

 

“Okay, then! Should I do it tomorrow or now?” Chanyeol asked, his head tilting in a questioning position.

 

“You'll freak her out if you asked today. You just met her what, ten minutes ago? Do it tomorrow,” Luhan advised.

 

“Okay. How do I ask her out? Phone or face-to-face?” Chanyeol asked again.

 

Luhan sighed and rubbed his temples. “Chanyeol!”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Ask Lay. I have some things to do,” replied Luhan. Chanyeol sighed.

 

“Thanks though,” Chanyeol whispered. Sometimes his brothers barely cared about him. He understood, but they could at least not do it in front of him. He left the house and walked to Lay's house. He rang the doorbell and an annoyed Lay opened the door.

 

“Chanyeol, what do you want?” Lay asked, still irritated. Chanyeol just pushed Lay and walked into his house. He sat down on one of the couches and smiled up at Lay. The oldest sighed and closed the door.

 

“Chanyeol, tell me why you're here,” Lay said, sitting down on the couch opposite of Chanyeol's. Chanyeol pouted and crossed his arms.

 

“You don't care about me,” Chanyeol mumbled, looking away. Lay sighed.

 

“I do care about you, Chanyeol. You're my little brother,” Lay explained.

 

“Then why don't you show it?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I—” Lay started.

 

“Forget it. Just help me ask her out.”

 

“Who?” Lay asked.

 

“The girl I was talking to you about in Luhan's house. But you interrupted me so yeah,” replied Chanyeol, slightly glaring at Lay.

 

“Oh. Sorry,” mumbled Lay, looking down.

 

“Anyways, just help me decide. Phone or house?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Do you know where she lives?” asked Lay.

 

“No,” he replied reluctantly.

 

“Then phone,” Lay answered.

 

“But isn't it a bit casual? Like there's no romantic thing going on? Should I bring flowers or what?” Chanyeol rambled, oblivious to Lay's sighing and shaking his head.

 

“Okay, Chanyeol. It's your choice so I don't really know. Is she the kind of girl that likes romantic stuff? Is she the kind who wants something normal or casual? If you want to impress her, then you should give her something elaborate and big,” Lay answered. Chanyeol nodded, thinking. Maybe a dinner in one of the best restaurants here, Chanyeol thought. Flowers? Hmm, something big. I wonder what's her favorite color.

 

“Okay. Thanks Lay!” Chanyeol said after much thinking. He waved good bye and left the house, heading straight to his house. He never noticed Luhan closing his door, inviting his new guest, and never noticed the love-struck look on his angelic face.