The Kidnapping Incident

I Still Believe In Love

“Where am I?” A lady in her trousers and tee woke up seeing only a shadow of a man in front of her. She quickly got up but unfortunately, her hands were tied up. “Who are you?” she said as she tried to remain calm knowing that the man would hurt her.

“I won’t hurt you, I promise,” the man said as he went near her. The smell of her perfume caused the man to draw nearer wanting to get a kiss. Good thing she was brave enough to use her feet and kick him.

“Don’t think that I am lame enough and I wouldn’t fight. Who asked you to do this?”

Before she could say another word, the man turned away and gave an evil laugh. “If only you knew why I am here…” he said to himself.

There she was left alone with a chair as her support. There was no light, no shadow, and no ventilation. So how would she be able to survive?

“I will kill you, stupid man!” she cursed.

Meanwhile, Chun was finishing his report for the meeting later. He was computing some results when his secretary or rather, the vice president of the company entered.

“Chun!” she screamed. Of course he was shocked to see her there. “What… What... brings you here?” he said. He thought that there was something wrong and he was wishing that it has nothing to do with Ella.

“Oh, wait. Uh,” Selina didn’t know what to say. “Nothing,” she said and laughed as hard as she could. “I was only kidding, Chun. Relax!”

Chun released a sigh and laughed at Selina. “You scared me, really.” So they worked with the report together. The moment Selina was waiting for finally arrived. She received a call from Wilber telling her that everything is set. Again, she started to act worried. Without saying a word, tears started flowing from her eyes. Chun didn’t know what to do. He thought that she was teasing him again so he just continued working with the report. Seeing Chun react that way, Selina exerted more effort in her acting. She screamed Ella’s name and finally she was able to grab Chun’s attention.

“What happened to her?” He stood up and punched the table. “She was kidnapped,” those were the only words she was able to pronounce. He pulled Selina and quickly went to his car. “Where can we find her? Who in hell did that to her? That person should make up for this!” Hearing those words from Chun made a curve on Selina’s lips. “What? Are you going to answer me?” Chun angrily said.

A few minutes later, they reached the coffee shop where they used to stay. Chun got out of the car hoping to see Ella inside. Selina went out also but instead of following Chun, she searched for a place to hide.

“Do you think we cou--- Selina?” He searched around the place but didn’t see Selina. He screamed for her name but there was no reply so he decided to enter the coffee shop alone. Selina, who was just behind the big trash bin, heard the banging of the door. “This is your chance to prove your love, crazy man!” and she let out an evil laugh. “Hiding behind this trash bin isn’t easy, Chun! So you better cooperate with me!” she continued as she covered her nose with her hand.
Chun entered the café as if nothing’s wrong. He was welcomed by a waitress dressed in black. Being a regular costumer, Chun has never seen any of the employees wear a black suit on a regular working day. “It seems like you have a new attire, huh?” he joked. The waitress just smiled at him and quickly left. He found an empty table at the far end of the shop and stayed there. Not long after, people left the care leaving only another customer which was also a conspirator of Selina and Wilber. She was happily eating her meal and constantly looking at Chun. He noticed this and decided to talk to the lady.

“What’s wrong? I have noticed that you kept on looking at me. Have we seen each other before?” The tone of his voice “scared” the woman so she left the restaurant as well. Selina stood by the door patiently waiting for the girl to come out. “Good job! You have great acting skills. Here is the money that I promised you. Now, leave!” Selina ordered. Without second thoughts, the lady called for a cab and headed somewhere far from the café.

It was quiet and Chun didn’t know what to do. He wasn’t used to being alone in that coffee shop. It was a famous one and it’s unusual that no one was dining there at that time. Wilber came out holding two cups of coffee. He offered one to Chun and sat across him.

“I wonder why no one is here for your famous coffee,” Chun said. Wilber just looked at him. He scanned every part of his face searching for signs of discomfort. But Chun was good that’s why Wilber wasn’t able to read his emotions.

“So why are you here…alone?” Wilber asked. He looked around trying not to look directly at Chun’s eyes because for sure he would laugh at him. Deep inside, he kept telling himself, “Chun, you look so stupid. I’m just acting. Hahaha!”

After a few minutes, Wilber excused himself. He left Chun with an unexplainable expression on his face. He was staring at the cars passing by when suddenly the lights went off. He called for Wilber but only the sound of air-condition was heard. He was about to sip when someone placed a knife on his neck. He was startled and wasn’t able to speak at all. “Follow me,” the guy in mask said.

“I have lots of money and I am willing to give them all to you. Just don’t hurt me, please?” But it seems like the man didn’t hear anything. He grabbed Chun by his collar and forced him to get out of the coffee shop. The mob member covered Chun’s mouth with a handkerchief so he wasn’t able to breathe and lost his consciousness. He was taken inside the van and was brought to the place where Ella was staying.

They reached the old storage room and threw Chun inside. He fell flat on the floor and Ella immediately pushed the chair towards him. At first, she didn’t know that it was Chun because there wasn’t a single ray of light. Chun woke up and saw Ella trying her best to hug him. He, on the other hand, tried his best to get up and hug Ella. He rapidly removed the rope that bonded Ella’s arms. Ella broke down and cried until her eyes were sore. “Ella, don’t worry. We will fight together. If saving you will cause my death, I will accept it. If saving you will end my life, I won’t regret fighting for you. You know how much you mean to me. I love you so much and I am sorry not telling you how much I care. I’m sorry for not being with you in times of trouble and happiness. I’m sorry for being so selfish and not minding about your feelings. I’m sorry if I judged you. Give me more time to make it up to you,” and he kissed her. Selina, Hebe, and Wilber heard every single detail of Chun’s statement because of the camera they placed inside the room. Even though there was no light, they were able to see the scene in a very clear manner.

Selina and Hebe hugged each other for the job well done and they all screamed for joy. Ella and Chun were still eager to get out of the room. Ella stood up and pushed the door as hard as she could, but unfortunately, nothing happened. Chun used all his energy just to get up and help Ella. He asked Ella to move so he can push the door. But Ella insisted that he should sit and rest because of the bruises he got. “No! I should be the one saving you. Not you saving me,” he exclaimed.

“Selina, I think we should just open the door for them. I can’t see Ella that way!” Hebe pleaded Selina and she immediately pressed the button near her. It was the button to open the door of the room. Chun and Ella stumbled on the floor. Ella lied on top of Chun not knowing what to do. With this, Chun stole a kiss from Ella. He thought Ella would stop him from doing that but to his surprise, she even answered his kiss. They shared a good and passionate moment together. They didn’t bother looking at the three people happily staring at them. Ella broke the kiss and stood up. She saw Selina smiling at her and blushed for a while.
“So am I good?” she asked Ella while poking her. “Good? What are you trying to say?” Ella fixed her suit and extended her helping hand to Chun.

“It’s actually…”

“Our plan,” Hebe continued. Ella just stared at the two ladies and managed to control her feelings. She wanted to spank them for doing that to her and she also wanted to thank them for their creative plan. Ella stared at Wilber and waited for Selina and Hebe to introduce him.

“Oh, that’s Wilber, the manager of the coffee shop.”

“So you are the manager of the famous café, huh? No wonder why you have a lot of female customers!” she joked. Chun gave her a deadly glare to warn her for her actions. She just laughed at him and everybody chuckled with them as well. They went home together as if nothing happened.

While in the car, Selina just stared at Chun and Ella who was comfortably sleeping. She knew they were exhausted because of the kidnapping incident but she didn’t want to see that scenario. Of course, she was jealous. But she did this because of her love for her friend. Or should I say ex-girlfriend. Wilber noticed the expression of Selina and looked at the couple. “I know you’re hurt.” He gave her a pat on her shoulder. “Of course not!” she answered him. Her voice was loud enough to wake up the couple. She apologized and told them that there is nothing to worry and everything is under control. Without second thoughts, Chun hugged Ella tightly and went back to sleep.

“Ella? Chun?” Hebe tried to wake up the two but they were like in heaven that’s why she punched Chun just to wake him up. He screamed after realizing that Hebe’s punch was as hard as a man’s punch. “What are you trying to do?” he asked as he removed his arms from Ella’s head. “Wake you up, I guess,” and she laughed. They reached Ella’s pad and decided to stay there for the night. They are all tired to go home to their own houses.

“Care to have coffee first?” Ella offered as she took the cups out of the cabinet. Wilber whispered something and all of them laughed. Since Ella was far behind them, she wasn’t able to hear the words clearly. She showed up and asked Wilber to repeat his statement. At first, he refused to say it but Chun signaled him when he saw Ella giving Wilber a deadly glare. “Uh, actually I told them that I don’t want to drink coffee anymore. I am an owner of a coffee shop, remember?”
“Oh, is that so? I thought it was something super funny.” Ella returned to the kitchen and got the box of cookies together with the coffee she prepared. They all had a beautiful night when suddenly the phone rang. It was past 1 am and who would dare to call Ella at that time? She quickly answered the phone but an unfamiliar voice welcomed her. “Hello?” she repeated but the person on the other line seems to be deaf. He or she didn’t even give a response.

“If you’re not going to answer, I will hang up already!” she shouted. Chun approached her and grabbed the phone. “Hello? Who’s this?” Good thing he heard a reply from the other line.

“I don’t think you did the right thing, man!” the voice on the other line said. It was a man, a scary man indeed. Chun stared at Ella knowing that the person on the other line was referring to him saving Ella. “I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you’re saying.”

“Meet me at that place again, early morning.”

“Why? I really can’t understand you. What are you tr---“ He was about to finish the sentence but he heard the busy tone. The person on the other line ended the conversation without even clearing things to him.

“Who was that?” Ella and the rest asked him. He looked at Ella’s worried eyes and hugged her. “Why? Wait, who was that? Answer me!” and she let go of their hug.

“Random person, I guess. He told me to meet up at that place again.” The three got the message. They just smiled at each other knowing that their plan in about to end. Ella, who was anxious about it, broke down into tears. Selina comforted her and so as Hebe. Wilber went nearer to Chun giving him a supportive tap on his shoulder. “I’m sure nothing bad will happen, Chun.”

Hours have passed and Chun and Ella were still wide awake. Chun was worried about what might happen if he would meet up with that stranger. Ella was troubled knowing that it was her fault why Chun is put into test. Selina, Hebe, and Wilber slept comfortably in the couch after drinking two bottles of vodka. They were all confident enough that everything is under control. Their plan is on track.

The sun was already up and Chun left Ella and the rest of the gang asleep. He quickly drove to the storage room or rather the mysterious place where he found Ella the day before. He saw a shadow of a person holding a small thing on his left hand. “Excuse me. I am Chun, the one you talked on the---“
“I know you, Chun. Come, I won’t hurt you.” And the man turned to face Chun.