Missing You

I Still Believe In Love

It was a typical Monday morning for Ella. Paper works, phone calls, and non-stop meetings will complete her day. Around 9 am, she heard her cell phone ring. It was her girlfriend, Selina.

“Hello?” she heard a voice of a sad woman on the other line. What happened to Selina? She waited for her reply.

“Nothing much, Ella. I just miss you,” those words made Ella miss her girlfriend too. It has been a week since they went out together. Selina was so busy preparing for the fashion show, and Ella was cramming the script for her latest movie.

“Are you free tonight? I’ll pick you up at around 7,” Ella invited Selina for a date. Selina, on the other hand, was so happy and excited for their date. She agreed to it and immediately went back to work.

It was three minutes past 7 when Ella reached the restaurant. She saw a beautiful lady sitting alone at the last table. Her radiant smile made Ella realize how lucky she was to have Selina. As Ella drew closer, she noticed that Selina was holding an envelope. She didn’t mind about it and just greeted Selina.

“Hey, did I make you wait for so long?” she asked. “No,” her cold reply.

“Then why are you so sad, Selina?” Ella was so confused with the way Selina acts. She knows that it is her fault for not meeting Selina for a week, but this isn’t a reason for her to show a sad face. Ella thought that Selina wasn’t happy to see her. Because of this, Ella already asked about the envelope Selina was staring at.

“Oh, this? Uh, wait. Uh, my boss asked me to accompany him in a business meeting.”

“Oh, okay. And what’s the big deal?” Ella tried to give Selina a smile.

“Europe. I will be staying in Europe for a week,” Selina’s reply didn’t sound good to Ella. They haven’t seen each other for a week then all of a sudden, Selina would appear in front of her and tell her this news. “What a beautiful way to start a week,” she thought.

“Don’t feel sad, Selina. I’ll be fine here. You can call me anytime of the day, you know?” Ella tried to cheer up the atmosphere. She didn’t want to let go of a teardrop because she wants to prove to Selina that she is strong.

“When are you leaving?” Ella was afraid to hear Selina’s answer, but she had no choice but to accept the truth. After asking the question, she heard three unexpected words, “Monday, next week”. What?! She only has a week left to be with Selina. Remove the weekend because Selina needs to be with her family. Tomorrow isn’t a good day for them to meet because Ella is going to be out-of-town for an important meeting. On Wednesday, Ella is going to attend the premiere night of her movie. Now, they only have two days left to be with each other, Thursday and Friday.

Selina wasn’t able to hide her tears anymore. Ella, then again, gave Selina a weak smile. “Don’t cry, baby. I’ll be fine. Enjoy the trip, okay?”

It took them two hours to catch up. They shared stories, jokes, and a lot more interesting topics. But then again, sadness is visible in their faces. It was not until Selina felt tired and decided to go home. Ella gave Selina a ride home. Before jumping out of the car, Ella gave Selina a goodnight kiss.

“Have a good sleep, Selina! I love you so much,” Ella’s last words.

While Ella was driving home, memories of them together kept flashing in her mind. This would be the first time that they would be separated. Not only blocks apart, but miles apart. She the radio to cheer up herself, but it turned the other way around. She heard their theme song, Wo Ai Ni.

It took her fifteen minutes to reach her place. It was a small pad beside the mall. It’s more of a condominium style of house. When she opened the door, Selina’s picture welcomed her. Again, she felt sad and recalled the thing Selina said to her. She hugged the picture and tears started to fall from her eyes.

“Selina, you’ll be fine. Take care of yourself. I will be waiting for you,” she whispered to herself. Tears continuously flowed from her face. Now, that’s what I call real love.

Tuesday: another day without Selina. Ella went to the coffee shop to write the script. She tried to concentrate but she can’t resist her desire to see Selina. She wasn’t able to write even a word for today. So she decided to go home and rest some more. That’s right! She needs to get some rest.

This happened for a week. She wasn’t able to do anything productive. Selina was the only thing that was in her mind. Monday came and Ella brought Selina to the airport. Ella hugged Selina, but she didn’t want to let go of her girlfriend. Selina broke their hug and kissed Ella.

“Take care of yourself, okay?” This time, Ella wasn’t able to control her feelings and cried in front of Selina. Ella didn’t have a choice but to watch Selina leave. Every step she made added to Ella’s sorrow.

“Just for a week, Ella. Just for a week,” and she left the airport.

Monday: it’s the first day without Selina. Ella woke up and searched for Selina’s picture right away. Her phone rang and she saw the name “Selina”.

“Good morning, Ella! Eat your breakfast okay?” What a nice way to start Ella’s day.

“Good morning, Selina! I hope you’re doing fine,” Ella’s cold reply. She didn’t know what to say. Selina shared stories; her experience, the place where she is staying, the kind of food they’re serving, etc. After their conversation, Ella went out for a walk.

The cool breeze of Taiwan welcomed her. She didn’t know where to go and just let her feet take her away. She didn’t notice that she was already in front of Selina’s studio. She entered the small dark room, and opened the lights. She was surprised to see a bunch of her stolen pictures. Wow, Selina was able to take good pictures without even getting caught. She scanned through the pictures and suddenly, she saw a picture of a man. Who the hell is this man? And why did Selina even capture his face?

While touring around the studio, she heard footsteps coming from the outside. When she opened the door, she saw a beautiful lady standing in front of her.
“You... You must be ---,” obviously, Ella was stuttering.

“Hebe,” and she held out her hand. She introduced herself as one of Selina’s models. Again, Ella didn’t know what to say. She was struck by Hebe’s beauty and sweetness.

“No, I have a girlfriend,” Ella scolded herself. But why does Hebe resemble Selina? Her radiant smile, her luscious lips, and her sweet words all remind her of Selina.

“Have you seen Selina’s designs? They’re all good!” exclaimed Hebe. Ella can’t still take her eyes off Hebe. Ella retrieved herself when something fell off her hand-Chun’s picture.

“Oh, her designs? Yeah, they’re good! I wonder where she placed them,” Ella tried to excuse herself but Hebe followed her. She noticed that Ella was trying to avoid her.

This isn’t right. Ella is avoiding Hebe for no reason at all. So, Hebe, who is known to be aggressive, made her move. She held Ella in her arms and slowly placed her lips against Ella’s. Shocked-that’s how I would describe Ella at that time. Ella wanted to let go of Hebe’s kiss but Hebe pinned her to the wall.
“No! Selina, you know how much I love you,” tears started flowing from Ella’s eyes. She didn’t want this, but she can feel happiness. It’s like Selina is the one in front on her. At last, she returned Hebe’s kiss with a passionate kiss as well. They loved each other’s presence not until someone has knocked. It was Arron, Hebe’s boyfriend. Wait, Hebe’s boyfriend?!?!?

“Oh, I thought... You have a photo... shoot today?” Arron can’t believe what he has seen seconds ago. Ella’s lips are swollen and Hebe’s shirt is on the floor.
“Ohmygod, my lips!” Ella said to herself. She immediately grabbed the pictures and left the studio leaving Arron and Hebe behind.

“Let me explain, Arron!” Hebe tried to explain while fixing herself.

On the other hand, Ella was trying to get senses back. She repeatedly cursed herself while walking her way home. She wanted to be loyal to Selina, but her urges didn’t stop her from cheating to Selina. It wasn’t her intention to hurt Selina; she just misses her so much that she found someone to temporarily replace her.

She reached her pad and placed her things down. Again, the picture of Chun showed up. All of a sudden, she got angry and called Selina to ask about the picture.

“Oh, that’s Wu Chun, our president. I’m with him right now. Don’t worry, I’m safe,” with this, Ella felt more angry. She wanted to dash to Europe and kill him but she chose to believe Selina.