The Splendid Preparation

I Still Believe In Love

The title says it all. This day is the preparation for their wedding. So obviously, Ella accepted Chun’s proposal. A week after the proposal, they both started searching for wedding gown, a place, and of course, the thing that would bond them together—the ring.

It was a Monday afternoon when Ella and Chun both excused themselves from work. Ella stopped taking pictures and let all her models for leave. Chun, on the other hand, cancelled all his plans and meetings just to join his fiancée in choosing the perfect gown.

Before leaving her place, Selina asked Ella for quite a number of minutes for them to talk. “Ella, you’re getting married a few weeks from now. I know it’s a bit fast, but I’m sure that you’re happy with your decision. Chun can bring you happiness every moment of your day. Just don’t forget that I am here, your ever-loving ex-girlfriend and bestfriend, should I say, willing to listen to all your problems and agony. But I’m pretty much sure that you won’t experience any pain and agony when you are with Chun. He’s a well-respected man and behind those formal trousers and suit is a good and loyal husband,” she said as tears started flowing from her eyes. With confidence, Ella hugged her tightly and cried as well. It was hard for her to say goodbye to the person who first acknowledged her. It was hard for her to say goodbye to the person who loved her the most. And now, here is Chun taking her away from Selina.

“This isn’t goodbye for the both of us,” she uttered. Ella held Selina’s face and brushed the tears away. “I’m marrying him, but I can still love you. You’re my bestfriend. You are always here to support me, and so as Hebe. You are both my source of strength, of course next to Chun. We will still keep in contact. I will still see you everytime I walk around the hallway of Chun’s office. Hebe can still smile under my camera lenses. So basically, we can still keep in touch.”

There was a long silence. They were both stunned by each other’s words. Of course, this isn’t farewell. It’s just… It’s just keeping a small gap between them because as we all know, Ella was a lesbian before. And she was attracted to these ladies. But now, she’s going to marry a real man; the person who would love her forever until the day that their breaths last.

Chun entered Ella’s place to fetch her. “Hey, ladies! May I excuse your photographer first?” he said as he held her back and kissed her on her left cheek. Ella suddenly turned pinkish and was a little bit shy about his action. “So, what? Let’s leave now?” Ella tried to hide her shyness. Chun agreed and they quickly left the place.

“She’s really lucky to marry him! He’s so hot!” a model said. She didn’t know that Selina was Ella’s past girlfriend and is currently her bestfriend.

“Hey! Don’t snatch Chun away from my Ella!” she answered back emphasizing on the word ‘my’. Since Hebe was the one with the highest rank models, people respect her so much. So it basically means that they should respect Selina as well because she is a close friend of Hebe.

“I’m sorry, ma’am. But that wasn’t my intention,” and she excused herself. Hebe then asked Selina to calm down because she was sure that no one can take Chun away from their dear friend. Selina, being a good friend, followed Hebe and remained silent.

Meanwhile, Ella and Chun drove their way to the mall. Chun kept stealing glances from Ella and they would end up laughing at each other. “I miss this,” he whispered. Ella quickly responded, “We’re getting married. I’m sure that everyday will be a good day for the both of us.” She reached for him and kissed him.

Minutes later, they reached the mall already. Chun went down first to Ella. They openly held each other’s hand and didn’t care about the deadly glares from the crowd. First, they went to store which sells wedding gowns and the like. Ella tried on different gowns. Some were off-shoulder, some were tube top, and some were plain white gowns. Chun just watched the lady in front of him changed outfits. At the back of his mind, he thought, “Ella, you’re so stunning! I don’t care if you were the simplest gown on Earth. You’re still the prettiest for me.” He flashed a smile to her.

Chun grabbed his mobile and dialed the number of his friend. “Jiro, how’s everything going on?” He was referring to the arrangement for the Church where they will state their vows. “Everything is set; from the lights, the aisle, down to the theme and the number of guests.”

“Oh, that’s great! Thank you, Jiro! Just contact me if there’s something wrong,” and he ended the conversation.

Now back to Ella. There she was, still fitting on different gowns. Even the designer didn’t know what she would wear because every gown placed an illusion of being the iest woman on Earth.

“I can’t wear this!” she exclaimed as she looked at the mirror. In front of her was a woman wearing a white tube top with a string of diamonds on her left shoulder and a balloon bottom. She turned around to check if it had a perfect fit on her. The assistant designer was moved in awe because of how Ella transformed from a simple lady in black now to a blooming lady in white.

“You look… Elegant!” the designer screamed in joy. Even Chun didn’t know what to say. He just stared at her and examined each curve on her body.

“Go get married now!” the designer joked and tried to push her away. Everyone in the room laughed except for Chun, who was walking his way to the mannequin with a short dirty white bubble dress on. The rest followed his gaze and the assistant suddenly realized that he wants that robe for Ella. “I’ll go get that for you,” she said.

Minutes later, the associate appeared holding a dress on her right hand. She handed it to Ella and asked her to change her outfit. And there, Ella came out wearing a white silk-organza and silk-crepe with a beautiful fusion of romantically tiered ruffles and a sleek corseted bodice. The raw-edged flower appliqué and the asymmetric hem gave her an exquisitely feminine look a contemporary twist.

“Amazing!” Chun said, stuttering. Ella kept on pulling her dress down. She still wasn’t comfortable wearing that kind of attire. “Hey, girl! You’re getting married a few weeks from now! You should get used to wearing this kind of outfit!” the designer screeched. Ella stared at Chun signaling him to state his opinion. He wasn’t able to speak a single word. He just flashed a smile at her.

Now, for the ts, Ella picked all the accessories herself. For her hair accessory, she chose a sculptural bow headpiece. It was a double-strand taupe fabric-covered headband with white sheer net veil emphasized with diamante embellishments.

To add vibrancy to her appearance, a pair of white Swarovski glass pearl clip-on hoop earrings would be used on her wedding day. The pair has antique gold-tone hardware and an inter-woven chiffon ribbon. “I love to stare at you, Ella,” Chun whispered to her. Ella turned around and gave him a kiss.

“That’s so sweet of you, young couple!” the designer giggled. Who would not enjoy the scene of having to successful persons in front of you showing how special each one of them is to each other?

“I’m lucky to have her,” Chun said as he sensed the designer be envious of their actions. “No, I’m lucky to have him!” Ella explained. They bickered upon this and ended up admitting that they are both fortunate to have each other.

“Shall we go on for your necklace, my dear?” the designer asked. He looked around the store to search for a perfect choker, but then, the aide in, “I guess she doesn’t need one. She has a beautiful detailed dress already. I think she will be over-accessorized if she will use a necklace. What do you think?”

“I guess so too!” Ella flashed a ‘thank you’ smile to her. She really didn’t want to use all those shiny and shimmering accessories. She just wants a simple gown and a simple pair of heels. But her husband wanted her to be the best and the prettiest woman on their special day.

Next is her bracelet. The sparkling topaz stones on the gold-plated pewter bracelet will add detail to her perfect and toned arm. “So you mean you are still going to do that this week?” Ella crossly asked. She wasn’t that angry, she just doesn’t want to bother the designer that much.

“It’s okay. It’s part of my job.”

“But I—“, Ella looked at Chun with the hey-help-me-please look. But he just tapped her on her back and asked her to relax.

“No ifs and no buts. I’ll do everything just to let you be the most dazzling woman on Earth!” and he smiled at her. Ella accepted defeat and just let the designer continue with his plan.

They kept on discussing about things, and the couple constantly stole glances from each other. “So, Mr. Wu, what will you be wearing on your special day?” the designer asked. “I’ll keep that as a secret. I want my lady to be surprised when she sees her husband and she’ll definitely be proud of me. Mr. Wu, the hottest man on Earth is now Ella’s husband.”

Ella childishly spanked Chun and told him not to be conceited. Yeah, sure, he’s hot. But he does not need to say those words because it makes her fall for him even more. The room was filled with joy because of Chun’s humorous words.

“Can I just ask something? Uh, it’s like this, I’m really not comfortable with this stuff. You know, I just want it plain and simple. You know my past; I’m not this girly type whatsoever. Uh, can I just have something to put on if ever I feel cold or something?” Ella timidly said.

Chun also realized this and suggested the designer to pick the simplest one for her. Since she wants everything to be simple, he might as well grant her request now. Mr. Choi, the designer, stood up and grabbed a folder where he places all the designs. He showed it to his secretary and asked her to get that certain bolero. Minutes later, she came back and again, she asked Ella to fit the piece of clothing.

The curtain opened and showed a beautiful woman in a sheer cream lace scalloped-edge shrug with long buttoned sleeves. Mr. Choi’s own design of this shrug has an intentionally unfinished scalloped-edge and long lace-covered button fastening sleeves to attract the eyes of the crowd. “Perfect!” he yelled and clapped his hands.

What about the veil? Well, Ella chose the simplest veil that was available—an off-white fine mesh veil with satin bow detail. This veil has a silver-tone comb-clip with bow and gathered mesh detail; gathered panel at bottom, raw edges and simply slips on. Chun wasn’t able to speak other words except for ‘amazing’. The other two also found her as the most amazing woman they have seen in their whole life. “Are you re—ready to ge—get married?” Mr. Choi stated as he stared at Ella. She then nodded at him and went near Chun. “Do I look good, Mr. Wu?”

“You are definitely the prettiest woman on Earth. You look better than those models on the billboard,” and he pointed out at the nearest and most visible billboard.

“Hey, but she is my model! And that’s my masterpiece!” and she laughed so hard at him.

Last is her footwear. Champagne metallic leather sandals with a wood effect heel, it’s really perfect for her feet. Mr. Choi’s sandals have a lot of pearl beads and crystal embellished ankle strap and front panel, concealed zip fastening at heel, V-shaped strap across toes, cushioned satin inner sole and leather sole.

To summon it up, it took them two hours to fix everything. Chun waved his goodbye to Mr. Choi and Ella hugged the two designers for a job well done. The couple headed to the other store to buy the wedding ring. There was a long stand of different shining circular thing and each of them looked good. Chun gave Ella an opportunity to choose among the beautifully presented rings. The 14-karat two-toned gold ring attracted Ella the most. It was approximately 7 millimeters wide. Chun didn’t have second thoughts on following Ella’s decision and he agreed to buy that pair. Ella was so happy with this and she even promised to cook dinner for him.

After that, they headed to their favorite destination—the coffee shop. There they discussed about the number of guests and the important visitors. “Are you going to invite Amber?” Chun asked.

Ella didn’t know what to answer. She was afraid that Chun might get mad at her. She thought about it for a while and decided to give him a…

“Yes,” and she let out a sigh. Chun abruptly wrote Amber’s name down and looked back at Ella with a y smile. “So it means I can invite my ex-es too?” he asked.

“Of course! I’m not stopping you to do so.” Chun pretended to write a lot of names on the paper. Ella, because of curiosity, stole the paper and read it. But to her shock, she didn’t find any other names except for Amber’s. “I thought you’re going to invite them to come over?”

“Why would I? You’re my life now. I don’t care about my past. They only gave me heartache. Why would I let them experience the happiness that I will attain on that special day?” Ella was touched with his words and decided to cancel out Amber’s name. But Chun begged to disagree to her decision.

“I want her to be there. Even as a friend only, if that’s possible. Please, Mrs. Wu?” he teased.

“I’m not used to it. I often hear you address that to your mom,” and she blushed a little. Chun stood up from his chair and grabbed something from his pocket. He went behind Ella and placed the simple necklace on her. It has a heart as the pendant. “I guess you’ll be used to it starting today, Mrs. Ella Wu.” Chun landed a kiss on her right cheek.

So an hour has passed and they already had the final list of visitors. Selina, Hebe, and Amber were on the top of Ella’s list. While Calvin, Jiro, and Arron were also on the top of Chun’s list. Their parents are also invited, of course. The participants for the wedding ceremony are also stated. They both started calling their guests one by one. And a lot of them agreed to come on their special day. Some stated their excitement by volunteering to throw a bridal shower and a bachelor’s party for Ella and Chun respectively.

Everyone was excited for the special event, except for one lady.

“Okay, I do hope you can come. Goodbye, Angela!” and Chun ended the phone conversation.

“Angela? Who is she?” Ella asked.