An Unexplainable Feeling

I Still Believe In Love

Chun didn’t have second thoughts on introducing himself to Ella. “Ella,” he whispered to her ears. When she turned around, she saw a
handsome man who was one inch away from her face.

“This man looks familiar,” she said to herself. She remembered the picture of a man she saw at Selina’s studio. “You must be?” she asked him.

“Chun, Selina’s colleague,” and he extended his hand to her. Selina shared her life story to Chun when they were in Europe that’s why Chun knows that Ella is Selina’s girlfriend. I mean ex-girlfriend.

“Do you want to dance with me?” It seems that they knew each other for years. Ella smiled at him and followed him to the dance floor. Sweet music and perfect couple, it’s a perfect time for them to know each other.

“I heard that you are a script writer?” He stared at her while dancing. “Yes, do you want to be an actor?” she told him, and they both laughed.

Chun tried to open a topic to avoid the awkward silence. Ella, on the other hand, was studying every part of Chun’s face. She was like reading the mind of Chun. “So, you are the famous Chun huh?” she whispered to herself, and she smiled at him.

“So you are the lucky girl of Selina,” he said. Chun still doesn’t know that Ella and Selina just broke up. Ella’s mood suddenly changed. “I’m tired. Let’s go back,” she told Chun. He noticed that Ella suddenly felt sad.

“What happened? I’m willing to listen,” Chun told Ella who was currently watching some couples dance. At first, she was hesitant to tell Chun the whole story but she felt the sincerity of the man. She felt like he is the only person who could help her right now.

“Selina and I broke up,” and she told him the whole story. “I’m sorry to hear that,” he replied. Chun wanted to stay by Ella’s side the whole time. He wanted to comfort her and let her feel that there are still a lot of people who could fall in love with her. Hebe, who at that time is with Selina kept on glancing at Ella. “I’m glad that Ella is having a good time,” she told Selina.

Arron finally decided to ask Hebe for a dance. “Excuse me, do you want to dance with me?” he asked her. Hebe didn’t want this thing to happen since they just broke up a week ago. But Selina told her that it is their chance to put things into order. So she agreed to it and followed Arron to the dance floor.

“I miss this,” he told Hebe who was resting at his shoulder. Hebe didn’t notice that tears started flowing from her eyes. She wants to get Arron back, but she wasn’t sure if Arron is still single. But she knows that in his heart, he still loves her.

“Hebe, I don’t know if I am doing the right thing but...” he wasn’t able to continue what he was about to say because Hebe kissed him. It was a wonderful kiss that they shared. Hebe broke the kiss and said, “I still love you, Arron.”

Arron was about to ask Hebe one thing when Selina approached her. “I think someone drank too much,” and she pointed to Ella. Chun was guiding Ella to the lavatory. “Don’t worry, she’s in good hands.” Hebe can’t believethat she said that. It was because of him that her sister died. But this time, she thought that Ella is safe with Chun. Well, she’s right. Chun didn’t leave Ella until she felt light.

Meanwhile, Ella and Chun were the only ones in the lavatory. He massaged her back gently and held a glass of water for her. “Do you want to go home now?” but Ella told him that she still wants to have fun. It was so nice of Chun to offer a ride home to think that they only knew each other at that night.

Selina and Hebe waited outside the comfort room. When they saw the shadow of Ella and Chun, they immediately ran to her and guided her as well. “Are you okay now?” they asked. Ella nodded and they all felt relieved.

It was past midnight when the party ended. Hebe went home with Arron, Selina with Jiro, and Ella with Chun. When they were about to go on separate ways, Selina suddenly approached Chun and whispered something to him, “Take care of her, okay?” Chun smiled at her and they all left.

When they were in the car, Chun kept on glancing at Ella. She was staring outside the window and seems to be thinking about something.

“What’s wrong? You seem so sad. Didn’t you have fun?”

“I’m okay. I had fun, don’t worry. I just thought of Selina. She looks so happy when she is with Jiro.”

“Jiro is a good man, he would never hurt Selina,” and Ella smiled at what Chun said. He asked her if she wanted to walk around the city and she agreed to it. So they reached the park, and again, memories of Selina entered her mind. Ella suddenly thought of something to distract herself.

“Chun, can I ask you something?” he nodded and Ella started to ask him. “Uh, if you don’t mind, can I ask you about Hebe’s
sister?”

Chun stood up and looked at the trees. “Hebe’s sister. She’s a very good person. I loved her so much that I didn’t want her to go. It was the fourteenth of February...” and Chun was interrupted by Ella.

“Valentine’s day,” she said. “Yes. I asked her out and we spent the whole night together. We had a lot of fun. After dinner, we went here to watch the stars together. It was already 4 am when we decided to go home. I dropped her in front of her house and she bid her last goodbye to me. I didn’t expect that it would be the last. The next day, Hebe called me and told me about the news. I didn’t want to believe her because for all I know, she is a strong woman. She doesn’t have any disease or sickness that would cause her death.”

“Then why are they accusing you of her death?” Ella asked him.

“I also don’t know. I didn’t even hurt her feelings. Maybe because I was the last person she went out with. But that is not the reason for them to blame me. What hurts more is that they are charging me for giving her drugs. Why on Earth would I do that to her?”

“Then why don’t you defend yourself to them?” Ella angrily asked. She believes that Chun has the right to tell them the truth. But he quickly replied, “They won’t listen to me. I tried to explain for a couple of times but nothing happened.”

“I... I don’t want this. You need to defend yourself, Chun! I know I am not in the right place to tell this to you but I really think this isn’t right. You are not guilty of killing her sister,” and Ella started to cry. Chun went near and hugged her. He was touched to see her cry because for the first time in his life, someone believed in his story.

“Ella, don’t worry about me. What’s important is I know the truth. I don’t care about their opinion. For as long as I have a clear conscience, I won’t mind about what they think of me,” and he hugged her tightly. Ella hugged him back but still continued sobbing.

The sun was up and they were still lying down the grass. A woman who was jogging around the city noticed them. She went near and saw two familiar faces. “Chun and Ella stayed here the whole night?” she said to herself.

Chun woke up because of an insect that bit him. He was shocked to see his arms around the woman who was comfortably sleeping. “She is really tired,” he told himself. He was more surprised to see someone staring at them. “Selina?!? Why... Why... Why are you here?”

“I think I should be the one asking you that question. Why are you STILL here?” she asked stressing the word ‘still’. So Chun explained the whole thing and Selina believed him.

While they were discussing, Ella suddenly woke up.

“Why are you so noi--- Selina? CHUUUN? Why are we still here?” she nervously asked. She was so tired that she fell asleep in the arms of Chun. Again, Chun narrated the whole story and Ella also believed him. She even thanked him for taking care of her the whole night. “So, do you want to go home now?” he asked her.

“Bring her home, now!” Selina said. Ella was happy to see Selina act that way. It only proves that Selina still cares for her. Chun laughed and said that he would bring Ella home, safe and sound.

“I’m sorry for causing you so much trouble. But anyway, thanks for the ride and for the night as well,” and she bid her goodbye. Before Ella opened the door, Chun stopped her and kissed her on the cheeks. Ella had a blank face. She was shocked because after so many years, a man kissed her again. As far as she remembers, the last guy who kissed her was her dad.

“I... I... need to go now,” and she hurriedly jumped off the car. She ran as fast as she could just to reach her place. When she entered her condominium, she fell on the floor and held her lips. “This can’t be happening! Why did he do that to me?” she said to herself. At that time, Chun cursed himself for doing that to her. “You just met her yesterday. Why did you do that? What kind of man are you?” and he punched the radio.


_________________


bluestars
Oh my gosh! You are darn talkative!


Number of posts: 2275
Age: 16
Location: In Chun and Ella's little world :">
Awards:
Points: 2048
Registration date: 2009-04-21








[Fanfic] I Still Believe In Love

by bluestars on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Chapter 5- They Are All Jealous

The next day, Ella still can’t forget what had happened last night. She buried her face on her pillow and screamed out loud. She wanted to punch Chun for kissing her, but she can’t deny the fact that she liked it. The feeling was different when she kisses a girl. When she kisses a girl, love isn’t present but infatuation is.

“It would not happen again, Ella. Never,” she told herself while holding the picture of Selina. She still isn’t sure about her feelings towards Selina. She wanted to move on, but every time she sees Selina’s face, happy times keep flashing back to her mind. She returned into reality when her cell phone rang.

‘Are you free today? Let’s meet at the coffee shop.’ It was a message from Chun. She wanted to ignore his offer but she thought that she might regret it in the future. So she reply to him and said, ‘Yes,’ one word that would change a lot of things in her life. She prepared for the day and she heard the sound of a car engine outside her condominium.

Meanwhile, Selina was doing some sketches and she planned to invite Hebe for lunch. Hebe, who was fixing her things, shifted her attention to Selina. “Do you want to have lunch with me?” Hebe quickly agreed and gave Selina a childish grin.

So Ella and Chun went to the coffee shop. Again, Ella recalled the face of Selina. The difference is she didn’t only remember Selina, but also Hebe. Chun held Ella’s hand and dragged her to the nearest table. She reached for the menu but before she could open , Chun was already able to order. “Don’t worry, they serve good food here.” Of course Ella knows that. She has been here for a couple of times.

Chun felt the awkwardness between them so he tried to open a topic. He couldn’t think of a good thing to discuss and he ended up apologizing for what had happened the night before. “I’m sorry,” he said while sipping a cup of coffee.

“For what?”

“For what had happened last night. It’s my fault.” Chun’s eyes captured Ella’s heart for a moment. She can’t deny that she enjoyed it. Even a kiss was enough for her.

“You don’t have to be sorry. It was nothing,” Ella nervously said. She didn’t know why those words came out from . Her mind was blown for a moment that those were the only words left in her vocabulary.

“Nothing?” he told himself. He wanted to tell her that he liked the feeling. But when he looked at Ella’s face, he could clearly tell that it was nothing to her. If only he knew that Ella liked the feeling also, he would surely scream his heart out. “Oh, that’s good to hear. I thought that you got offended.” And he gave Ella a weak smile.

They just stared at each other for minutes. No one even dared to start another topic thinking that they would feel uncomfortable again. Chun was about to eat a piece of cake when he saw a familiar face entering the café.

“Is that Selina?” he murmured to himself. He didn’t want Ella to see Selina because she will definitely think about her all over again. Ella was able to read Chun’s worried expression that’s why she turned around but didn’t see anyone.

“Are you okay?” she asked Chun who was still searching for someone.

“Ella, I think…”

“What?” she worriedly asked.

“I think Selina and Hebe are here,” and he sighed.

“Where? Maybe they can join us.” She looked around but didn’t even see their shadows. Honestly, she wanted to spend time with Selina. And she hopes that Chun didn’t get her point for inviting them over. Chun, on the other hand, was silently wishing that Selina and Hebe would not appear in front of them. This is his moment to know Ella more. And he will not allow anything or anyone to ruin his plan.

In contrast, Selina and Hebe saw Ella but didn’t tell each other about it. Selina was the only one who saw Chun and she felt bad about it. “Why is she with Chun? They only met each other last night and now they’re having lunch together?” she said to herself.

Hebe was also confused with what’s happening right now. She wanted to tell Selina about it but she was puzzled by her thoughts. She doesn’t want Selina to get hurt that’s why she asked her if they could just eat lunch at the mall. “Oh, sure!” Selina didn’t have second thoughts on agreeing to her offer. They ran as fast as they could just to get out of the coffee shop.

Ella just stared at the two ladies who were running outside the coffee shop. She wished to talk to Selina even for a moment but she believed that it would not help her move on.

“Ella, I hope you don’t mind but can you come with me to the meeting later?” he nervously asked. Chun? Asking Ella to accompany him to the meeting? Isn’t that too aggressive?

“Later? Sure!” This is her chance to see Selina. But wait, why didn’t Chun invite Selina to come with him? She is the vice president of the company and she is responsible for those kinds of events.

So afternoon came and Ella joined Chun during the meeting. She sat beside him and people just stared at her. She was wondering what their reactions were but still tried her best to give each one of them a smile.

Selina entered the room and saw Ella seated beside the president. Ella immediately stood up and offered the chair to Selina but Chun held her hand and asked her to stay. She didn’t have a choice but to take away her eyes from Selina.

“Good afternoon, everyone! We are here for another meeting about the Human Resource department.” Selina started her speech with a smile. Ella just watched Selina talk the whole time. Even Chun couldn’t grab Ella’s attention. He called her name twice, but Ella was still eyeing on Selina.

“So, what can you suggest?” Chun asked with a loud voice just to get Ella’s mind. Ella almost jumped off the chair because of nervousness. “Hey, why did you shout?” she whispered to Chun.

“Simply because you were ignoring me. I kept on calling you but you seem to be distracted by,” and he pointed to Selina. “Her,” he continued. Ella just laughed at him and she looked at Selina again. Hours have passed and everything was settled already. Chun called it a day and all of the workers got back to work.

“Selina!” Chun called for her. She looked back but instead of looking at Chun, her eyes landed on Ella. Chun again called for her and finally, she got back to her senses.

“Why?”

“I just want to thank you for that wonderful presentation. That’s all. Goodbye!” and he grabbed Ella’s hand. They went out of the room together leaving Selina with a fuming reaction.

“Why did he do that? Is he trying to test me?” and tears started flowing from her eyes.

Ella looked back at Selina and saw her crying. She removed her hands from Chun’s tight grip and rushed back to hug Selina. She hugged her back and continued crying.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you,” and she kissed her on the forehead. They both lost their weight and fell flat on the floor. Chun saw everything and decided to leave them alone. He wanted Ella to realize that she needs to move on. And this is the last time she would spent time with Selina.

Ella rapidly stood up and apologized to Selina. Selina silently left the room and Ella didn’t stop her. A few seconds after, Ella made her way to Chun’s office. Soon, she reached his office and entered the room confidently.

“You should have knocked first,” he told her while signing some papers. She sat down and let out a heavy sigh. Chun looked at her and restlessly asked, “What’s wrong, Ella?”

She just looked at him with her puffy eyes. She wanted to punch him for making Selina cry. But she chose to hold her grudges and stay still. “I can’t see Selina cry,” and she wiped the tears from her eyes. Chun hugged her and she gently placed her head on his chest.

“I can’t see you cry. I don’t want you to cry.” Ella immediately removed her head and looked at him. He repeated what he said, “I don’t want you to cry, Ella.” That line kept on playing in Ella’s mind.

“Whaat?” she was stuttering.

“I… I like you. And I don’t want you to get hurt,” he hugged her tightly. Ella, on the other hand, couldn’t believe what Chun has said.