Crystals of Tears and a Silver Ring

I Still Believe In Love

“You want me back?” Chun asked. His heart was pounding so fast that he could not already count how many beats per second. Those words kept on playing in his mind. She wants him back. It was her who first let go of their relationship. Now here she is, in front of his two eyes, begging him to come back to her.

“But you have Amber. She’s already your girlfriend. I knew it, from the start, you never wanted men. You always look for the caress given by women,” he hesitantly said.

“Who told you that? I don’t like men? That’s totally a mistake! If you could only read my mind, it screams out your name. My heart beats for you. It’s only for you, Chun!” Ella broke down into tears. She was a bit happy that she was able to express her true feelings. But she also feels a bit ashamed for leaving Chun, hurting him, and then longing for his presence again.

Amber was not that far from them. She could still hear what Ella and Chun were talking about. She was hurt. Totally hurt. “I thought I was your life. I thought you love me. Well, I guess, I’m not the right person for you, Ella. If he makes you happy, I might as well be happy for you even if it pains me.”

“I didn’t ask you to love me!” Chun expressed after a few moments of silence.

“I know,” Ella said and let out a sigh.

“Then don’t make me feel like I need to love you,” he paused for a while and gathered all his strength to complete his sentence. “…again.”

Ella was bowled over his words. She started questioning herself why she loved a man as stupid as Chun. Where is the gentleman and well-respected Chun? Has he totally transformed into a jerk? I don’t think he has changed that much. He just grew wiser and smarter when it comes to love.

“Are you telling me that you don’t have feelings for me anymore?” Ella asked. She looked away because she didn’t want to see Chun’s reaction. She didn’t want to get hurt even more. If only she could close her eyes, cover her ears, and let Chun speak, it would definitely hurt less.

“It’s not that I don’t love you anymore. It’s just…” He ran out of words to say. He suddenly got a kiss from Ella. At first, he didn’t want to respond. But after seeing a teardrop from the girl’s eye, he already answered the kiss. They shared a passionate kiss—one thing that they missed with each other.

“I still love you, Ella. I’m sorry for making you feel so bad,” and he hugged her.

“You don’t need to be sorry. I should be the one apologizing. I left you without even telling you the truth. I was so stupid not to follow my heart,” she said in between sobs.

Ella looked at Chun directly to his eyes. It showed love, love, and nothing else.

Amber popped out from the bushes walked near the “couple”. She gave Chun a gentle pat on his back and said, “Take care of her. I knew that you’re the only person who can make her happy.” With that, Amber looked directly at Ella’s eyes. In response, Ella flashed a smile to her. But this time, it was not a typical sweet smile, it was full of sorrow. Ironic, isn’t it?

A few seconds later, Ella brushed Chun’s hand and went near Amber. She gave her a tight hug from behind. Amber held Ella’s hand tightly and kissed it. She turned around and cupped Ella’s face. “You’ll be happy with him. We can still be friends, don’t worry. I will love you forever,” and she kissed her on her forehead. Amber was the first one to let go of their hug because she knew that if this would last longer, there will be a tendency that she would not be able to say goodbye to Ella.

Amber took a step away from the lady in front of her. Ella was about to run after her but Chun was fast enough to get a grip of her and stop her from following. Amber opened the door or her car and quickly entered.

“Amber! Don’t leave me!” She tried her best to get off him, but he was muscular enough to keep her in his arms. The boyish one opened her window and looked at the lady, who was once her ‘everything’, for the last time. In not less than a minute, the car before Ella passed swiftly. Amber is gone, for now. She went back to her senses and hugged Chun. He replied with a very secured and promising hug. That was their longest and sweetest hug ever.

“Are you okay now? Do you want something to eat? I’ll go buy some food for you,” he asked as they comfortably lied down the grass. “No, I’m fine. Just rest,” she quickly replied.

Chun was worried sick about her. He knew that she was depressed because of Amber’s exodus. He knew that Ella once had feelings for the girl. At the back of his mind, he was confident enough to say that Ella only liked Amber, and Ella loves him.

“I’m going to grab some snacks for you. A bun will do?” He stood up and smiled at her. She can’t deny the fact that she’s kind of hungry. So she didn’t stop Chun from leaving and instead nodded at him and thanked him. While she was alone, memories of her and Chun kept flashing on her mind. And abruptly, memories of her and Amber would also appear. “No, I can’t fall in love with her. I only wanted to make Chun jealous. I have no intentions of falling in love with another woman again,” she scolded herself.

“What were you saying?” Chun said as he handed the snacks to her.

“I… I… Oh shhh—“ Ella cursed under her breath.

“What now? Are you telling me that you never liked Amber?” he . Chun loved Ella’s reaction. She had this I-don’t-know-what-to-say face. Chun’s lips formed a small curve on one side.

“I… I… Hey, don’t put me in this kind of situation!” and she spanked him lightly. They ended up laughing at each other. They shared their meals and even sipped at each other’s drink. They surely missed each other’s company.

“But seriously, do you still like Amber?” The atmosphere has changed. Now, there they were—a happy couple spending the rest of the day together.

“It’s like this. I tried to love her. I tried to forget about you. But I really could not omit the fact that if there is Ella, there should be Chun. If there is Chun, there should be Ella. But I was the first one to let go. I was the stupid one who let go of a very handsome and sweet Wu Zun. Now I’m here with you, trying to gain your love back.”

Her words were so fascinating. She has a point there. She was the one who broke their promise. But never in Ella’s life could she forget a man named Chun. He’s the first man who was able to capture her heart.

“I thought that you have left me already. You don’t know how hard it is for me to lose you. You, Ella Chen, have become a big part of my daily life. From the moment I open my eyes to the time that I say goodbye to the day, you’re the only person in my mind,” and he gave her another hug.

The cool breeze and the sound of the birds chirping made the couple feel comfortable in the arms of each other. There was never a dull moment. Even though they didn’t converse that much, their inner feelings explain everything. They were able to communicate through their emotions. She looked at him, he looked at her. That happened constantly. And they would just share smiles. Nothing can ever replace the feeling they had at that time. It was priceless and unforgettable.

Meanwhile, Amber was driving down the long avenue. She didn’t mind about the signs and the stop light. She didn’t even notice the police forces that are following her. She drove as fast as she could just to release her anger. A few miles have passed and she noticed that her brake pads are getting loose. This is a sign that she’s going to lose her control over the break. And it would lead to a bad thing, her death. Good thing she was able to gather all her senses and stopped the car right away. It was too hard that because of the impact, her head hit the steering wheel. No blood, no scratches, no bruises, just emotional pain. She thought that it was the end of her life. “Thank goodness! Amber, what’s happening to you?” she scolded herself.

A police enforcer approached her to get some details. Her heart started pounding faster and faster. She didn’t want to go to jail for that simple act. Well, it wasn’t that simple. But for her, it’s just a small thing that was caused by depression. She slowly opened the window of the car showing a upper part of the police’s face.

“Sir, no I mean, ma’am, may I get your name and license?”

“Amber Liu,” she softly said while she handed him her license. The police tallied something and returned her license. Amber was shocked because he didn’t even give her a piece of paper where her violation is indicated.

“You may leave now, miss. Just be careful next time.” With that, she started her engine and left. That was close to the end of her life.

She stopped by a wine shop. She bought 3 different flavors of wine. Even the salesperson was shocked because of her action. “I’ll be having a party tonight,” she lied. The salesperson didn’t want to believe at first because basing it from Amber’s expression, it seemed like she’s not willing to hold the so-called party. She left without saying another word and went straight to her condominium.

Her condominium is just a small place filled with pictures, books, and other collectibles. On the left side, her solo portrait is hanged. On the other side, a picture of her and Ella is posted. Sweet memories brushed through her mind and again, she cursed under her breath.

She went to her kitchen and grabbed a wine glass. Then, she sat in front of the television hoping that she would get distracted. But when she the television, the daily news welcomed her with:

“One of Taiwan’s most respected photographers, Ms. Ella Chen, is confirmed to be in a relationship again. Netizens have spotted the couple in the middle of the Ping Tung Park, lying comfortably in the grass. There has been a speculation that the couple broke up weeks ago because of another girl. But now, it is confirmed that the CEO of WTC, Mr. Wu Zun and Ella are back in the arms of each other. Both parties didn’t want to talk about this yet. An interview will be held a week from now.”

A week? Now she doesn’t know what to do. She doesn’t want to hear Ella and Chun’s side. She doesn’t want to be interviewed. Well, there’s a big chance of getting her opinion. “I need to hide as soon as possible.”

“I should go to Korea. There, my life will be peaceful. I should leave Ella behind and move on,” she said after finishing the whole body of wine. So she took her mobile and dialed the agency. “A trip to Korea please. Two days from now, if that’s possible.” She gave information about herself, and yes, her trip will be two days from now. That’s final.

Ella received a message from Amber. It read, “I’m leaving for good. I’ll be heading to Korea two days from now. May you have a happy life with him. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. So there, I guess everything is settled now.”

She was surprised by Amber’s decision. Isn’t that too fast? Chun read Ella’s expression and started to worry. He grabbed her phone and read the message.
“To Korea?” he asked and she nodded.

“I do hope that she will enjoy her stay there,” Ella said, with sadness in her voice.

“Ella,” he cupped her head. “Everything is okay now. We’re happy and Amber is happy for us as well. I guess this is the time to put an end to a complicated relationship.”

“What are you trying to say? You’re breaking up with me again?” and she started to get hysterical.

Chun hugged her and said, “No, Ella. Relax! I’m not going to leave you. I’ll always be here for you.”

“Then what are you trying to say?” this time, she has relaxed a bit.

There was silence. He looked at her but didn’t utter a single word. He still draws together all his strength to say one important thing.

One.

Two.

Three. That was all he needed to say what he feels.

“Ella, let’s get married.”