CHAPTER 5 - In which we learn derps make good friends

말해줘 내게 What is Love?

 

It's been six days since the last time Sehun talked with Luhan and he was feeling the worst sort of withdrawal. He could barely get up from the bed everyday to go to school. Because he'll see Luhan there but he'll also remember that the last time they talked, his friend threw the confession he practiced on so much back to his face.

There had been no more walking home together, no stops at the bubble tea place. There had been no selcas and no nose flicking. Sehun sat up and hit the dance floor with his hands. He was there hiding again in the practice room, waiting for 6:00pm, knowing that Luhan will be long gone from the university by then. It hurts to see Luhan walking and talking with his friends as if nothing happened. He also can't take seeing Luhan walking down the road, just a few meters ahead of him and he can't even say hi.

He remembered the first day they saw each other on the way to school after that disastrous night of the showcase. They accidentally met at the intersection of their streets. Luhan tried to say something but all Sehun managed to do was mumble an incoherent greeting and walked as fast as he could, probably leaving Luhan believing that he really was immature.

"I miss you." Sehun said to the empty room. Atleast here, he gets to say what he really feels. "Why won't you love me back?"

He had never felt this sad before. He told Luhan that he was also sad when they're together but that was nothing compared to the emptiness he's feeling when they're apart. Sehun sighed and tried to flick his nose just like how Luhan does when he says something stupid. "This doesn't feel the same at all." He tried to do it again. "This is not working."

Suddenly a bigger hand, that came with longer fingers, flicked him and hit him squarely in the nose. "Ouch!"

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked with his voice booming inside the room.

"What did you do that for?" Sehun asked, his nose still smarting from the hit his friend gave him.

"Well, I saw you talking to yourself and hitting your nose like a sissy so I decided to help." Chanyeol said with a big, toothy grin. His right eye twitching.

"What are you doing here anyways? Don't you have to be in training? Why's a big shot like you here?"

"It's an off day so we were allowed to go home early. But enough about my splendid self. I repeat, What are you doing?"

"I was just practicing." Sehun said defensively.

"Uh huh! Practicing what? Flicking your nose?" Chanyeol said with a laugh. "No, really, what are you hiding here for?"

"Who says I'm hiding?"

"No one's being fooled here, pal. So might as well come clean." Chanyeol patted Sehun's back.

"You know what happened, right? Kyungsoo probably told you everything." Sehun said sulkily.

"What? That you embarassed Luhan infront of the whole school?"

"Was it really that bad?" Sehun asked, unsure.

"For me, it was actually sweet." Chanyeol raised his right thumb to Sehun in approval. "In any case, it was about time you told Luhan how you really feel instead of beating around to it. It wasn't fun watching you two."

"Kyungsoo said the same thing."

"Well, we really shouldn't believe everything that shorty says cause he's doing the same running around with Jongin, but this time he's correct."

Sehun grumbled. "In any case, I was rejected so to answer your question I'm hiding here because I'm hurt and I don't wanna see... Luhan so soon."

"Yeah, right. You miss him." Chanyeol said seriously.

"I do. But it doesn't hurt less whenever I remember what he told me. He said I really don't love him, that I don't know what real love is. He said that I'm young and immature. He said what I felt was just a joke."

"Ouch. But have you thought about what he said? Are you really immature? Do you really know what love is?"

"Yes! No... I don't know. What I know is I just want to be with him."

"Even if he doesn't love you back?"

Sehun fell silent and thought for a while. "Yes, even then."

"So talk to him already!"

"It's not that easy."

"It IS easy. Find him and talk to him. It's that simple." Chanyeol said with a laugh.

"Come on, nothing's that simple. If this love business is so easy, why haven't I seen you fall for anybody?" Sehun challenged.

Chanyeol sobered a bit. "I'm different."

"Uh huh."

"No really, I am. I haven't told anyone about this but.. I feel as if I've been in love before. You know. I can't explain it. Everytime I see someone with potential come along, it's as if my heart rejects that person. It's like it already knows the what true love is and it is still looking for the right person that gave it that happiness a long time ago. I feel like I'm looking for someone I've lost which, I'm saying again, is weird. I haven't been with anybody before." Chanyeol shrugged.

"I suddenly got a headache." Sehun joked.

"Well, I told you I was different. Anyways, I've got to get going. Early training tomorrow and all." Chanyeol stood up and walked to the door.

"Chanyeol? Thanks!" Sehun called out. Chanyeol turned with a salute and left.

His friend was probably right. He had to talk to Luhan. Just not too soon. After all, he was still hurt. But maybe he'll do it sometime next week then Luhan will be the one flicking his nose again, Sehun thought with a smile.