CHAPTER 9 - In which we learn there are things like.. thinking caps?!

말해줘 내게 What is Love?

 

"I love you...”Sehun kept on repeating what Luhan said to him last night. He couldn't believe it. After thinking that Luhan was in love with someone else, he finds out that Luhan is actually in love with him!

His face is already hurting from smiling too much but he couldn't help it. He was actually waiting for Luhan to call him last night but he probably went home late because of the recital. Sehun can't wait to see him so he showered quickly and went to school in record time.

He burst into the practice room to spread the good news to his friends. He skipped towards Jongin, who was alone doing stretches, and pulled him to his feet.

"What are...?" But Sehun didn't give him the chance to finish as he twirled and spinned Jongin around the room. All the while humming a happy a tune and shaking his poor friend.

"Ssttop sh-shaking... mmee!" Jongin said. But Sehun didn't. "Th-that ccap you're we-wearing, I know th-that cap!"

Sehun took it off and placed it on Jongin's head and continued to twirled and spin Jongin around. Jongin, finally getting his bearings, stomped his feet firmly on the floor and was able to hold Sehun in place."Stop dancing like a sissy! This is major trouble you're bringing here... that cap, where did you get it?"

"It's..." Sehun started but was interrupted by a loud screech.

"SEHUN-AH!!! YOU!!!" Kyungsoo shouted from the doorway. "No one ever touches my cap! YOU SPAWN OF THE DEVIL! You..."

"You're in for it now." Jongin warned Sehun with a laugh.

"My cap was resting quietly on top of my head, minding it's own business. Then you run from nowhere snatch it from me and run off! ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Kyungsoo was livid.

"Come on, I was just happy." Sehun sobered a bit.

"Just happy?! I was writing a song! Now I would never finish it." Kyungsoo glared.

Finally, Jongin intervened. "I told you Sehun-ah. Never mess with Kyungsoo's thinking cap."

"Sorry." Sehun told Kyungsoo. Jongin went to the shorter guy's side and gently put the cap on his head.

"There, all better." Jongin smiled at Kyungsoo. He was relieved to see him calm down a bit.

"It's not all better..." Kyungsoo mumbled but didn't pursue his anger.

"That was entertaining." Chanyeol said. He was able to enter the room without anyone noticing. "What was all the commotion about?"

"Ask him." Jongin pointed at Sehun.

"From his grin, I think I already know." Chanyeol laughed.

"Luhan said he loved me!" Sehun said giddily.

"We know. We were all there." Jongin said.

"Yeah, but what he said in the park..." Sehun just finished the sentence with a wide smile.

"Sehun-ah, you shouldn't be so easy." Kyungsoo admonished.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you shouldn't make this so easy for Luhan." Kyungsoo said. "Remember how hurt you were when he rejected you? It was hard for us as your friends to see you so depressed. Luhan's our friend too but I didn't like how selfish he was when he trampled on your feelings."

"But he already told me he loved me, isn't that enough?"

"I think you should let him work a bit. You were always the one running around after him, maybe it's time he ran after you." Kyungsoo said with a shrug.

"I don't know why, but I kinda like it." Jongin looked at Kyungsoo.

"Well, in any case this should be fun!" Chanyeol added.

"What do I do?" Sehun asked reluctantly. Was it really right to let Luhan wait?

Kyungsoo saw the troubled look in Sehun's eyes. "If you don't want to do it, it's okay. It's just I saw how you became insecure of yourself when Luhan rejected you. I just want to give him the chance to show you that you're worth it."

"Thank you, mom." Sehun joked and smiled at Kyungsoo.

"Just call me okay?" Kyungsoo moved to pat Sehun's back before walking to the door. Jongin had his mouth open as he watched Kyungsoo leave the room. He shook his head and smiled. "I knew there was a reason..."

"A reason...?" Chanyeol asked.

"A reason why I’m doing this." Jongin followed Kyungsoo out the door.

"What's with them?" Sehun asked Chanyeol.

"Don't worry, we'll know their story soon. But for now, let's finish yours."