CHAPTER 8 - In which we learn what is love pt. 2

말해줘 내게 What is Love?

 

Luhan panicked when he saw Sehun leave. He really didn't have the time to think of why he left. All he could think about is that he should follow him. Luhan half-ran and half-walked towards the backstage so he can go after Sehun. His classmates were cheering and clapping as he passed through them. He didn't care. He ran outside the building and looked but Sehun was nowhere to be found.

He run towards the street and was relieved to find Sehun walking.

"Sehun! Sehunnie!"

Sehun stopped and looked back.

Luhan reached his friend. "I thought you weren't gonna come. I kept looking for you in the audience, but your seat was empty. And then I saw you..."

"Of course I had to be there. I am your bestfriend right?" Sehun said, biting his lower lip.

"But why did you leave? Were you embarassed?" Luhan asked. It wasn't lost on him that they've had a conversation like this before. But this time... Was he being rejected?

"No. Why would I be? I just thought I wasn't needed there." Sehun explained. Clearly he was hurt. But why?

"Of course I needed you there. How else could I have confessed if you weren't?"

"You didn't have to do it in front of me. And it was not that original. I can't believe you made a heart just like the one I did for you."

Luhan wanted to cry. So this is what it felt to be rejected. "I thought you'd appreciate it...”

"Tell me how I could? It was painful enough that you'd confess to Minseok infront of me... but you used my Heart. It was like, I gave it to you and you gave it to someone else.”Sehun said dejectedly.

"I was actually giving it back... wait... what did you say? I confessed to Minseok?" Luhan asked in disbelief.

"Yes. And best friend or no, you broke my heart twice."

Luhan laughed in relief. Here he was so afraid of his love being rejected when it hasn't even been delivered. "Sehunnie..."

"What?" Sehun said with a pout. Clearly offended by Luhan's laugh.

"The heart? The I Love You... That wasn't for Minseok. That was for you."

Sehun looked shocked. "But the other day, I saw the two of you. You told him you loved him."

"What? When was this?"

"Thursday afternoon. I saw you and him alone in your practice room. You asked him if you have to say I Love You out loud and he said, of course." Sehun said.

"Sehun, we were actually practicing for tonight. I was depressed when we weren't speaking with each other. Minseok became a good friend. He helped me figure out how to tell you how much I love you. So we thought of a way for me to say it so it would wipe all the bad memories I've given you. I wanted to say it in a way that will let everybody know." Luhan explained.

"But you told me I was young and immature. You told me I didn't know anything about love."

"I still think you're young and maybe a little bit immature. And I'm still not sure if you know anything about love."

Sehun crossed his arms across his chest, offended. "Then what changed?"

"I did. I changed because I found out how hard it is to be without you. And I won't be so afraid anymore. I'll take this chance, this moment I have with you and try my best to make you love me so much that even when you grow older and become mature the person that you'll want someday will still be me."

Still holding Sehun's gaze, Luhan moved closer to reach for Sehun's hand.

But the moment was broken as Jongdae came upon them. "Luhan-ssi! The director's looking for you. They're about to end the recital, we have to go."

Luhan reluctantly stepped back. He didn't want to go with so many things still left unsaid.

"Luhan-ssi. Follow me back quickly, okay?" Jongdae ran back inside the university gates.

"I have to go. I need to tell you alot of things but..." Luhan walked away faster. But then he stopped for a second and looked back. "I love you."