CHAPTER 3 - In which we learn how best to strike a pose

말해줘 내게 What is Love?

 

Sehun was smiling even after he walked Luhan to his house just a block away. He was smiling when he arrived home and was still smiling when he reached his room. He plopped down on his bed and opened the gallery on his cellphone. He smiled some more when he opened his album of selcas. All of them has Luhan in it. He got a new one today, just before they turned into Luhan's street. In the picture, he had his tongue out (as usual) while Luhan looks exasperated but not really annoyed, he hopes. This picture was the 417th in this memory card. He's actually got hundreds of them saved on his pc. He makes it a point to shoot one before he ends the day with Luhan.

Browsing through the pictures, Sehun felt his heart swell with tenderness. No matter what Luhan's expression is in a photo, he treasures every one of them. He saves them because it somehow lets him take home a piece of Luhan to carry him through the hours that they are apart. He has been in love with his friend for what feels like forever. That day when Luhan asked him to be friends, he felt his life change.

He never really knew what friendship was until he met Luhan. He has always been a frightfully shy kid. He had felt so insecure because of his lisp which he wants to believe already lessened because of Luhan. With his bestfriend's encouragement, he became more confident with himself. He learned to open up to people. He now had more friends like Jongin and the gang but none can compare to his bestfriend.

Sehun looked at a picture of him and Luhan smiling derpily at the camera. It was taken during Chanyeol's birthday two Novembers ago. It was that day he realized that he wanted to be with Luhan, really be together with him. He wanted to be able to say that he was his. He wanted to hold hands as they walk together. He wanted to see his love reflected in Luhan's beautiful eyes.

But his friend has been getting more distant lately. Sometimes he feels that Luhan was uncomfortable when they are together. "Am I being too forward?" Sehun asked himself. It's just that it has been 2 years now since he started hinting to Luhan that he wanted to be more than friends but Luhan still doesn't take him seriously that's why he became more showy in public. That and also the fact that he was annoyed to know that a lot of guys have been sniffing around Luhan in the university.

He was particularly suspicious of that Minseok guy who was always around Luhan. Sehun knows that only a blind person wouldn't fall for those doe eyes and sweet smile but he is still jealous nonetheless because Luhan has been in college for 3 years now and 2 of those while Sehun was not around. What if someone else gets Luhan? He won't let that happen.

Troubled with where his mind is taking him, he dialled a friend's number.

"Yeah?" Jongin answered on the second ring.

"I have a problem."

"Then what did you call me for?" Jongin joked.

"This is Kyungsoo's number. Please give the phone back to Kyungsoo." Sehun said as he rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Fine... Hey, shorty, it's Sehunnie." Sehun heard Kyungsoo shriek and then, "Why did you throw my phone? My phone?! And get your dirty shoes off the sofa or else... Hello?"

Sehun can hear Jongin laughing in the background. "You shouldn't let him get away with that."

"Who says I will?" Kyungsoo answered. "No dinner for him tonight. Well, why'd you call?"

"I have a problem."

"I thought so. What is it? No, don't tell me. It's Luhan isn't it?"

"How did you know?"

"Sehun-ah...You only ever talk about two things: Dancing and Luhan. You wouldn't have any problems with dancing so it's safe to say it's about Luhan. So spill."

"Well. ith.." Sehun cleared his throat, his lisp becomes pronounced when he's nervous. "It's because, I don't know what to do. Lately, even of we're together, Luhan seems a little distant. I tried to ignore it but I can't deny its there."

"Have you tried just talking directly with Luhan? Or ask him if there's anything wrong?"

"Well, no. How can I possibly do that? I'd be so nervous, even I wouldn't understand what I'll say."

"But, you know, it may be time for you to do something. It's actually tiring to watch the two of you run around in circles for the past two years. Sehun-ah, everybody knows you love Luhan and I bet he does, too. And I'm pretty sure he feels the same way."

"Really? Really really?" Sehun asked excitedly.

"For us to know for sure, tell him directly that you love him. Or better yet, make a grand gesture so that he can't resist and he'll know that you're serious this time."

"A grand gesture?" Sehun asked, the wheels on his brain already turning this way and that. "A grand gesture, right." He smiled.

"You already thought of something? What is it?"

"You'll find out soon."

"Well, goodluck."

After saying their goodbyes, Sehun ended the call and once again opened the selca he took with Luhan today. He zoomed in on Luhan and saw that the expression in his eyes was not really exasperation but was something else. He looks kinda confused? Worried?

"Whatever it is, I'll wipe it all away." Sehun promised to himself as his fingers traced the troubled look on Luhan's face.