CHAPTER 10 - In which we learn chocolate can taste different

말해줘 내게 What is Love?

 

 

Luhan was getting anxious as he was waiting for Sehun to get out of class. Aside from the curious looks he was getting, he was worried that Sehun would refuse his invitation. Luhan has been on tenterhooks since he confessed to Sehun last week. For the first time he didn't know what's going on inside Sehun's mind. Because look what happened when he approached his bestfriend the day after his recital.

 

Sehun was in the park swings taking a selca of himself. Luhan felt a pang in his heart when he saw him. He misses how Sehun would take their picture together every day. Luckily, if this goes well, they'll have more pictures to share.

He approached Sehun from behind and just before he reaches him Luhan called his name. "Sehunnie."

Sehun turned his head a little. "Hey." He said and went back to taking a selca.

"About last night, before we were interrupted, I just want to say that everything I told you was... is true." Luhan looked at the back of Sehun's head, the younger guy still taking a picture of himself.

"Uh, huh." Sehun murmured.

Luhan was a little surprised about his friend's non-reaction. So he tried again. "Minseok is in love with Jongdae. He and I will never be." Luhan closed his eyes tightly before saying, "Because I, I'm in love with you."

Again, no reaction. Luhan opened his eyes and saw Sehun was still busy taking a shot of himself. Luhan was getting a little flustered. Sehun seems so uninterested. "I guess, I deserve this." Luhan told himself. But he won't give up that easily.

"Sehunnie, about what I said... what do you think?"

Finally, Sehun spoke. "Wait. Uh, can you move a little to the left? You're kind of blocking the light."

Luhan felt pretty sure that his mouth was hanging open but he moved nonetheless. "There." Sehun said and proceeded to get a a picture. He must have been satisfied because he stood up and faced Luhan. "Luhan, I'll think about it."

"O-okay." Luhan watched as Sehun put his cellphone in his ear and Luhan heard him say, "Can I see you now?" as he was walking away.

Luhan felt the worst sort of jealousy twisting in his gut. There he was baring his heart and Sehun couldn't wait to see somebody else? This is what he was afraid of before. Sehun's already changed his mind, he already moved on and... it really doesn't matter, does it? Because Luhan promised his friend and himself that he would make Sehun love him so much that he won't think of finding anyone else. Luhan felt more determined.

 

He came up with a series of tactics designed to make Sehun fall so much for Luhan that he'll never want to let go. Well, atleast that was Luhan's plan. Never did he thought that wooing Sehun could be so difficult.

And now here he was waiting by the door so he could start on winning Sehun back. The clock struck 4:30 and the students spilled into the corridors. Luhan spotted Sehun with Jongin and Kyungsoo, walking towards his direction.

He waited until some of the students left the lobby before stepping forward to get Sehun's attention. He started to call out Sehun's name but he noticed that they already saw him. Sehun slowed in his steps and shot a questioning look at kyungsoo. The smaller guy just shrugged and continued walking towards Luhan and the entrance.

But just before the three reached him, Jongin, who was walking beside Kyungsoo, winked at Luhan and promptly held on to Kyungsoo's shoulder which stopped him from moving forward.

"Wha-t?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin.

Jongin leaned down to whisper into Kyungsoo's ear. "I think we should be somewhere else."

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at Jongin but didn't argue. Sehun, noticing that his companions stopped walking, turned back to look at Jongin and Kyungsoo.

"Go on without us," Jongin said. "We need to do something." Then he pulled Kyungsoo away, leaving Sehun alone to talk to Luhan.

"Hey." Luhan greeted his bestfriend.

"Hey." Sehun said a little hesitantly.

Luhan was disheartened a little by Sehun's expression but he pushed on.

"You're free. right? Let's go to the bubble tea place. It's been ages since we went there and... and I heard they're adding a special mix to the old flavors... let's try it together, okay?"

Sehun looked longingly at the direction Jongin and Kyungsoo disappeared to before looking at Luhan. "Alright."

Luhan felt relieved when Sehun agreed, even reluctantly. Atleast they'll get to spend this afternoon together. And maybe this time, he'll get Sehun back.

They walked together towards the bubble tea place. Luhan tried to engage Sehunnie in conversation and sometimes he was able to coax a smile from him but it was still not the same as before. When they reached their usual table, Luhan surprised Sehun by offering to order the bubble teas himself.

"Just sit here. I'll get it."

"Okay. Mine's choco-"

"Chocolate. I know." Luhan smiled at Sehun and left to buy their drinks. After a few moments, Luhan returned with their teas. He placed one infront of Sehun and sat down to sip his. Sehun sipped from his drink and frowned a little.

"What is it?" Luhan asked.

"Uh, you said they've got a new special mix..."

"It tastes special to me."

Sehun sipped fron the straw again. "Nope, tastes pretty much the same to me."

"I don't know. Mine tastes... better?" Luhan looked at his drink. "But I got the same flavor."

He was surprised when Sehun grabbed Luhan's drink and sipped from it. Luhan flushed red. Isn't that like an indirect kiss? Luhan blushed some more. Sure they drank from each other's drinks before. But somehow this time was different for Luhan.

"Nothing special here, as well." Sehun saw Luhan's face and probably realized what he did because he turned a pretty shade of red, too. "Uh...”

He returned Luhan's drink and proceeded to drink his own, looking everywhere but Luhan.

"Maybe the drink's the same, but it's still special to me." Luhan said. "It's special because I'm sharing it with you. I missed this."

Sehun's mouth was hanging open and Luhan would've laughed at his expression if he wasn't as caught up with his emotion as he was right then. He really wanted to tell Sehun a lot of things. Starting with Luhan will gladly drink all the bubble teas in the world as long as Sehun will be there to drink them with him. And Luhan will swear to stop flicking Sehun's nose and place kisses on it instead.

Sehun shook his head, quickly closed his lips over the straw on his tea and sipped it all in one go that Luhan was worried he'll choke on it. The he abruptly stood up. "I forgot, I have to meet with... thssom... somebody. Thanks for this. Uh, see you around."

It was Luhan's turn to have his mouth hang open. How could Sehun just leave him? He thought things were going well. His eyes followed as Sehun left their table and took out his cellphone. He heard him say, "Can we talk now?" And Luhan felt jealousy twist his gut again. Was Sehun really seeing someone else? Was it really time for him to give up?

"But I love you too much." Luhan said to Sehun's retreating figure. He sighed. "No matter, there'a still tomorrow, right?"

But his confidence was a little weaker this time.