First Break-up

Every Little Thing

Hyuna and I started to date after that—well I do forgot about Nicole, which is a good idea. I don’t really like having feelings with a girl that I don’t even see anymore. I would looked like love strucked obsessed freak, which I clearly don’t wanna be like—or better yet, I’m avoiding to be that kind of person, just by thinking about it—making me feel creepy with myself.

I met this girl in an online game—how pretty she was. She was Soonkyu, she was very cute really. Me and Hyuna were still in a relationship, and we were about 1 year and half old already—but this girl really really look very cute. I kind of have a fling with her, which I regret having.

We were kinda texting every night—flirting and everything even though we don’t even see each other yet. She’s pretty sweet and charming too, but like what I said I regret falling into her trap. Unfortunately, Hyuna had been able to scan my inbox and she saw a message.

“So—you were still texting with that Soonkyu girl?”

“She was cute, and we’re just friends.”

She rolled her eyes, “I told that girl to stay away, yet she still goes near to you. How pathetic.”

“I said we were just friends.”

“So what does ‘I-will-hug-you-until-the-day-ends’ means?” I suddenly looked at her, how the hell did she knew that!? That was Soonkyu’s text last night.

“Don’t play dumb on me, Amber. I saw it on your messages.” I bit my lower lip real hard.

I didn’t heard anything from her after that—she shrugged it off, but she became a little distant and cold. I tried talking to her after that day, but she really distant and reply cold text like ‘okay’, ‘yeah’, ‘you?’, ‘nope’. I got tired of trying to fix things, until—the end of 8th grade….. She broke up with me.

I was so devastated—the first time I had a relationship, and the first time—I had my heart broken. I did flirted with Soonkyu—but it seems like she isn’t the same as Hyuna, it’s just—I can’t seem to see Hyuna on her after Hyuna got cold, I still love Hyuna no matter what—but it’s just too late I guess. I was too late to realize my mistake.

The end of the school year, I suddenly saw Hyuna with a guy—outside the school. I clenched my fist—it was so mad if only I was really that strong, I would’ve punched the guy but I think beforehand if I did punched him probably I’ll lose to him, he seemed muscular than me. I don’t stand a chance—even though I’m a black belter.

“!” I yelled out as I went to the bathroom, punching the door. “Why! ! I loved you. Why! It’s too fast. YOU ! YOU ALREADY HAVE A BOYFRIEND. ING SON OF A .” I kicked the door, I was crying. I’m so hurt—she had a boyfriend already? , how could she be—is she itching to replace me. I was so so mad at her—she’s a total .

Well, not really it would help. I spent a week crying my heart out—my sister even comforted me—and she knew about Hyuna when that time she read my inbox. My sister is really a creep I might say, so yeah she knew—and she comforted me. She even called my mom when she can’t handle my sobbing anymore. I can even remember what my mom said.

“There’s still so many girls out there, Amber. Don’t lose hope.”

Yeah mom, there is—but no one could replace Hyuna. NO ONE WOULD EVEN REPLACE A PERSON—Every person is unique! I wanted to say it—but I kept it inside my mouth, I don’t want to say anything anymore, I just sobbed and cried out loud.

I tried making myself busy with school, and it woked. It was already 9th grade…. 9th grade was definitely one of my memorable years. The start—of me having a crush on her.