Confession

Every Little Thing

“Damn, dude! You really are dumb.” I rolled my eyes to my guy cousin.

“ you, Hae.”

“Seriously dude, you need to open up your heart. You probably didn’t noticed her ever since—since your eyes were laid into Nicole. Why don’t you try opening up a little—open your heart, don’t waste any chances.  Take everything—take the risks.”

I sighed, he was right. I should probably open my heart and there’s no reason I should waste my time with Nicole since probably she’s straight and I wouldn’t have any chance with her. I sighed, but I do wanted to give her something

I bought that necklace Hyuna asked me to buy. A heart pendant necklace and a key.

It was graduation in 7th year, I called Nicole to meet me at the hallway near the lockers and the fire exit.

“Hey, Nicole..” I said weakly.

“Hey, Am. What’s up?” she asked gleefully, she sure have this mood even though we won’t see each other after this day?

“I just wanna give you something.” I smiled. “Could you turn your back.” I motioned her to turn around which she did.

“What for?” she asked, clearly dumbfounded. I put the necklace around her, “I want you to have this—“ she looked at the necklace, clearly surprised.

“Wow, Am.. This is too much—“

“No. It isn’t..” I showed her my necklace, the ‘heart pendant’.

I—really liked you since 3rd grade, I just wanted you to have that pendant since you’re going away now. I would have some time to—move on and forget the feeling I’ve been feeling for you. I really liked you a lot—all those teddy bears I gave you because I do like you and I was hoping I had a chance with you but I guess, I wouldn’t have? And I have a feeling we really have –no chance at all. So I’m telling you everything before I don’t have any chance to.”

She smiled, what does that mean? She suddenly wrapped her arms around me, I can hear her sobbing.

“Thank you, Am. You are really a great person. I’m sorry—I wasn’t feeling the same way at all..” I didn’t even wanted to hear the next words—as I knew it would break my heart.

“I know you would do okay, you’re a strong girl, and your heart doesn’t belong to me, it belongs to someone else, Am..” I blinked—that’s when I realized I was holding the other necklace on my hand.

“And I know who it is. I’m keeping this necklace as a remembrance.” She smiled again, before hugging me. “Thank you for everything.” She whispered in my ear before kissing my cheek. I suddenly blushed, she pulled away.

“Good luck, go—go to her, and give that.” She pointed the necklace on my hand, probably she knew who it was.  I nodded, smiling over to her, before I started to run away. “You’ll text me and keep in touch, okay?” I yelled at her, she nodded, waving at me, as I run away.

I started to text Hyuna.

Am --> Hyuna : Meet me at the usual place.

Yeah, it was our usual place. A park near the school, where the sunset can be seen. We usually go there just talk normally and randomly, she even sometime draw and I just stare at the sun set—it was very beautiful, and it was my favorite hangout place. Me and her were the only people who knew the place—it was somewhere in the park that was a little hidden because the way was still under construction, we just sneak.

Hyuna --> Am : What do you want.. I told you not to bother me anymore.. Please, Amber..

Am --> Hyuna : I promise, I will not bother you anymore after this. This is the last time. Please.

Hyuna --> Am : Fine.. I’ll be there in a minute.

I suddenly run, run to the place I didn’t know where she was from so might as well go there fast. I arrived at the place, there were no other people. Perfect. I waited for her, as I stared at the horizon, it was very beautiful. The sun was nearly set—the sky was reddish orange like a bloody war. It look so calming, and pretty.

“Hey..” I heard, it was definitely Hyuna, I’m kinda used to her voice now.

“Hey…” I answered, still not breaking the stare at the horizon.

“What do you want?”

I suddenly looked at her, I bit my lower lip—I don’t really know what to say. Should i—tell her how I feel? But I’m not really sure—what I feel right now. I should take things slowly.

“Sorry.” I said blankly.

She suddenly looked at me. “What?” she asked, clearly she was surprised.

“I said I’m sorry.”

I saw her smirk, she wasn’t used to me saying sorry at all—I was more of a ‘pride first’ person, that I don’t say sorry. In fact, it was my first time saying it to her.. Especially that it’s a sincere sorry.

“Could you—close your eyes for a second, I have something to give.”

“What’s that?” she suddenly arched her brow in curiosity.

“Just please do it?”

She nodded, closing her eyes. “Whatever is you’re trying to do, better be good or I will kick your .” She jokingly said.

I sighed, before walking over to her back, wrapping the necklace around her bare neck, and locking it from the back. “Open your eyes.” And so she did, her eyes were surprised.

“Am…” I just smiled back at her.

“This is too much—what about Nicole?”

“I don’t know—I kind of think of everything, and I was thinking—if maybe we could like—“ I bit my lower lip hard, why is it so hard to say, I knew I was blushing real hard.

“I was thinking of giving us a chance—“ she suddenly smiled.

“You know, I wasn’t really expecting this—but seeing you wanted to try to work things out even though I know you still have Nicole inside your heart, I don’t mind waiting, but If you really wanted to try—I would be glad to let you.” She walked over to me and hug me.

“You know I love you so much, I would do everything—I was very jealous with Nicole all this time, she was a lucky girl. I even wished I was her for a million times, but this is just—too much it makes me happy. Finally you’ve seen me.. You finally noticed my feelings.” She had her teary eyes. I suddenly wiped the tears with my finger.

“Stop—I just—I don’t want you to get hurt, you were there with me all along, you deserve something in return. I will try my best—I will try to forget her, I will try to love you—“ I kissed her cheek and hugged her tight, and that’s the start of our love story..

But wait—this isn’t about me and Hyuna’s love story—this was about the love story of me with a certain person that had a great and special place in my heart—and you would know her in the succeeding chapters.