Enough is Enough

Every Little Thing

7th grade came and it’s my last year in middle school. You know I still have hopes but meh, I think I’m just making myself believe that I have a chance with Nicole.. I even remember before—the year of 7th grade ends. I was informed she was—going to another school. I thought my heart broke into pieces. I was so depressed, I won’t see her again. It was sad, and tragic.

“Hyuna—could you help me with something.” She didn’t responded.

“I was wondering if you can help me think of a gift for Nicole.” Hyuna was taking her things out of the locker. She then closed the locker door and walked away.

“Hey Hyuna.. Why are you not talking to me? Did I do something wrong?” I pulled her hand, however she was just staring at me.

“Are you helping me out or what?”

“Sheesh. Fine. If you don’t wanna help me out, just say it.” I started to face back and walk away. I think this girl suddenly turned into a mute.

“I’m sick and tired of this Amber. I’m sick of you asking for help.” I suddenly stopped turning my back to face her.

“I didn’t asked you—you offered help. If you’re sick of it why not just say it—it would be appropriate rather than just keeping all to yourself and just staring at me.”

“You picked them over me.” I was surprised—my jaw nearly dropped.

“H-h-how did you—“

“I overheard it.” I saw her head slightly tilted downwards.

“It wasn’t t—“ she cut off my sentence before I can finish it.

“No. It’s okay. I get it, I know I wasn’t really that valuable enough for you. You are so dumb, Amber. Really.” Dumb? How did I even became dumb? What did I do? I just stared at her with a confused look all over my face.

“You didn’t even noticed that this girl helping you—liked you a lot. Isn’t it obvious? My clinging? And how we always text at night? Was it nothing? You think it was nothing? I like you a lot—but you’re so dumb.” I bit my lower lip, I don’t know what to say—

“It’s okay.. I get it. I just—I don’t wanna be friends with you anymore. I want to forget this feeling I’m feeling for you.” She sighed.

“This is the last time I’m telling you my advice, you should probably give her a necklace with a key on it and you should have yours as a heart. That would be interesting.” She had this blank on her face before turning her back.

“Don’t even—talk to me anymore, Amber. I’m just so tired of rejection—“ she walked away, leaving me dumbfounded I saw on the floor. Why didn’t I noticed it all along? Was I really dumb, or maybe I was just busy looking and wasting time to get this girl I really like that I clearly don’t have any chances—not even 1%.