1000 Days and More

Jung Family One-shots

Sunshine filtered through the windows as Seohyun stretched languidly on the bed. There was a bit of a chill in the air, so she buried herself further under the bed covers.

A slight whistling and snoring came from her left side. She grinned as she turned to see the sleeping form of her husband, mouth opened wide in innocent slumber.

Aaahhh, good morning love, Seohyun whispered as she traced a finger on Yonghwa's cheek. He gave a slight smile in his sleep, crinkling his nose at the same time. She giggled at the cuteness of his movements.

A loud banging and clatter from downstairs broke the peace of the early morning. Seohyun paused and listened for more sounds, but none came. Curious, she got out of bed and wore her robe and slippers.

Moving slowly, she crept down the stairs. She could hear voices from the kitchen, and she bee-lined towards the kitchen door.

She reached out an arm to push open the swinging door when it opened, showing the surprised face of one of the twins.

"Omo omo, what do we have here?!" Seohyun said, placing her hands on her hips.

"Omma!" Hwayoung exclaimed, the corners of going down, her lips quivering as she spoke. "We were going to make you and Appa breakfast in bed for your anniversary!"

HeRan, the other twin, ran from behind the door and gasped as she saw her mother.

"Oh no Omma, you've ruined our surprise!" HeRan cried out, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Seohyun suppressed a smile and held up her arms in the air as she quickly tuned about-face.

"Alright, I'm not here! I am in bed, snoring along with your father," she called out over her shoulder, waving her hands in the air as she double-timed up the staircase.

She made a quick trip to the bathroom, then jumped into their bed purposefully.

Yonghwa groaned and grumbled at the intrusion.

"Yah, why are you jumping in bed this early? I'm not yet human," he complained, rolling around to lie on his stomach.

Seohyun followed him and hugged him from behind.

"Oh no, you big bear, you're not going back to sleep. Get your mind in order sweetie, we're in for a treat," she whispered into his ear.

Yonghwa turned his face toward her and opened an eye.

"What kind of treat are we talking about?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

Seohyun laughed and slapped him on his bare shoulder.

"Not THAT kind of treat, yeobo. You'll see," she said, giggling.

"Please?" Yonghwa pleaded with puppy eyes, before lunging at her with a sudden attack. He kissed her fully on the lips, then moved on to caress her neck with soft kisses.

She giggled as he continued his gentle attack. "Stop it Yo~ong, the kids--"

"Happy Anniversary Appa and Omma!" cried out 3 little voices. The twin preschoolers came in with a plate each, while Hyunnie, their eldest at 8 years old, followed them holding 2 mugs.

Yonghwa sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"Wow, breakfast in bed?!" he exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah, well, literally in bed, Appa. Hwayoung broke the breakfast tray," HeRan explained as she handed her plate to her Omma.

"I did not!" Hwayoung defended as she gave her plate to their Appa.

"Did, too!"

"Did not!"

"Yah!" Hyunnie commanded, then smiled as she handed one mug to each parent. She sat down on the bedside.
"Let's just say, we need a new breakfast tray," she grinned as she explained.

Seohyun clapped her hands as she looked at her plate on her lap.

"Wow, this is fun! So what do we have here? French toast?!" she gushed, picking it up and tried a bite. It was quite crunchy.

Yonghwa picked up his and stared at it suspiciously. Seohyun glared at him as the girls watched him expectantly.

He sighed and bit into his. "Mmm... Crunchy," he said through pursed lips.

Hyunnie giggled as she explained. "I beat the eggs, Appa," she said proudly.

"Yeah, but you didn't take out all the shells," Hwayoung complained.

"I tried!" HeRan cried out.

"Bu-"

Seohyun gushed over the rest of the food before another quarrel erupted.

"Hmm... This cereal looks perfect, and you put sliced bananas and strawberries in it!" she said, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Why do I get bacon and eggs while Omma gets cereals and fruits?" Yonghwa complained, holding a blackened strip of bacon between a thumb and index finger.

"Appa, that's what they call a manly breakfast!" Hwayoung explained proudly. "I fried the eggs and bacon," she further boasted.

Yonghwa looked at the runny sunny-side-up eggs that looked like eyes crying yellow tears on his plate. One bacon strip formed the nose, another strip for the mouth.

"Oh, Appa, don't forget your morning coffee," Hyunnie reminded him.

Yonghwa gave a look of alarm to Seohyun, who was trying hard not to choke on her sticky cereal.

"You made me coffee?!" Yonghwa asked as he reached out for his mug on the side table.

"Haha not really Appa, it's chocolate milk," Hyunnie giggled as she explained.

"Hmmm... there's not much in here, though," Yonghwa said, pretending to peek into his mug.

"HeRan drank most of it!" Hwayoung piped up.

"I did not, it spilled!" protested her twin.

"Okay, OKAY girls!" Seohyun finally said as she successfully swallowed her mouthful of cereal.

"Seems like Appa and I would need help to finish this sumptuous breakfast," she exclaimed as she offered up her plate to the three kids.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry Omma" . . .

"Neither am I" . . .

"I've had my cereal" . . .

"Omma, we prepared all of it for you and Appa, please enjoy!" Hwayoung shouted as she pulled her twin out the door. Hyunnie gave them each a kiss before she left.

"Don't forget your shake, Omma," she reminded, smiled and turned around to leave.

Seohyun took a sip from her mug.

"Hmmm... wanna try?" she said as she offered her mug to her husband.

Yonghwa took a sip and almost choked from surprise.

It tasted like blended potatoes.

Seohyun sighed and put her plate on the floor beside the bed. Yonghwa did the same. He pulled his wife into a cuddle and settled back in bed.

"Yeobo," Seohyun started to say.

"Yeah, I know," Yonghwa said with a sigh as he closed his eyes.

"Know what? I haven't said anything," she asked.

"I know... that all our kids took after you. In looks, in charm, and in cooking skills," he said, with an exaggerated sigh this time.

"Yah!" Seohyun protested, trying to sit up in bed. Yonghwa pulled her closer as he laughed.

"It's okay sweetie, we can always marry them off to guys who can cook," he said, pulling her deep in his arms, encasing her legs with his.

"Ya-" Seohyun stopped struggling. She looked up and stared at her husband's eyes and smiled.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," she finally agreed.

"Happy anniversary, love," Yonghwa whispered. "It's been years... I've forgotten how many days we've been together, but for sure..." he trailed off as he nuzzled her hair.

"For sure what?" she asked, curious.

"For sure, I'd love to have a thousand more days like this with you, and our kids," he whispered into her ear.

She smiled lovingly and kissed the sweetest husband in the world.

Breakfast could wait.

 

 

*note: This was my tribute for YongSeo's 1000 days. I'm just adding it to my collection of Jung family stories ^^