The Birds and the Bees: CNBLUE Version

Jung Family One-shots

"YEEEAAAAAHHHHHH~~"

Yonghwa held the final note for as long as he could while Jonghyun did a couple of riffs on his electric guitar. Jungshin banged his head in time to his bass notes and Minhyuk stood up playing the last beats on his drums.

It was a very satisfying practice session.

"Whoohoo!!! Great job, boys!" Yonghwa praised as he held up his fist in the air. Minhyuk and Jungshin bumped their fists together while Jonghyun took off his guitar strap and placed his electric guitar in its case.

"Daddy, where do babies come from?"

Yonghwa nearly dropped his guitar, shocked at the question his little girl threw out from out of the blue.

All the adult males in the room turned to see little Hyunnie standing at the door to the studio, her doll hanging onto her hand limply. Jonghoon, Jonghyun's son, was standing behind her, looking at him expectantly.

"Hyunnie, my baby! What are you doing here?!" Yonghwa said loudly as he put down his guitar and went over to the kids. He picked up his daughter in his arms. Little Jonghoon grabbed his legs in a quick hug then ran inside and hugged his dad's legs hurriedly as well, then ran over to Uncle Minhyuk and started banging on his drums.

"Yah yah, come here to Daddy," Jonghyun called out as he went over to pick up his son.

"No! I want to play with Uncle Minhyuk's drums!" the four-year-old shouted as he jumped up to grab the drumsticks from his uncle, who was laughing as he kept them out of arm's reach. Jungshin snuck in from behind and grabbed the little boy, holding him upside down by the feet.

"Who's your favorite uncle, huh Hoonie? Who's your favorite uncle?!" he asked menacingly as the boy kept laughing and pleading at the same time to put him down on the ground.

Hyunnie giggled as she watched the three uncles playing with Hoonie. She was carried by her Daddy then, who was smoothing out her bangs. Turning back to him, she gave him a wide-eyed stare.

"Daddy, you didn' answer my question. Where do babies come from? I was a baby, wasn't I?" she asked again, her wide eyes filled with curiosity and innocence.

"Duh, babies come from mommies," Hoonie called out from his upside down position in Uncle Jungshin's arms.

"I know that," Hyunnie answered back haughtily and flipped her hair as she looked back towards her father.

"But how did the baby get into mommy? There's a baby in mommy's tummy right now, right Daddy?" she continued, her voice quite high pitched. Yonghwa was rendered speechless by her questions.

"My favorite uncle is Uncle Yonghwa! Arrrggghhh~" Hoonie shouted as he playfully tried to bite Uncle Jungshin's thigh.

"Awww~" Jungshin and Minhyuk cried out at the same time in reply to the boy's answer. Jonghyun laughed out loud as he grabbed his son and carried him on his shoulder like a sack of rice. He was glad he had a son with whom he could play roughly with. The uncles thought so, too. Jonghoon started kicking his legs in the air as he pleaded again to be let down.

All of them turned to watch their leader hyungnim daintily brushing his daughter's hair with his fingers, smoothing out her bangs on her forehead. Everyone grinned in spite of themselves. The sight was just too adorable.

"Well, sweetie, babies~" Yonghwa stopped as he felt all eyes were on him. He turned slowly toward the boys, his hand still on his daughter's hair. Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin all had that knowing grin on their faces as they watched him quietly. Hoonie was the only noisy one in the room, making growling sounds as he pleaded with his father to put him down.

Clearing his throat gruffly, he readjusted his daughter in his arms and held her to face the uncles.

"How about you sweetheart? Who's your favorite uncle?" he asked sweetly.

Little Hyunnie placed her chin on one hand as she contemplated her choices. Uncle Minhyuk gave her his signature eye-smile and pointed to himself. Uncle Jungshin wiggled his eyebrows and pointed to himself as well. Uncle Jonghyun was too busy playing with a squirming Jonghoonie.

Hyunnie gave a sweet smile and pointed to Uncle Minhyuk. "I like Uncle Minhyuk!" she giggled daintily. Minhyuk gave a winning smile and celebrated with a "Yes!" as he clapped his hands. Jungshin pouted as he crossed his arms. "It's okay, Hoonie's my favorite anyways," he called out, sulking.

Yonghwa deposited his daughter into Minhyuk's arms. "Awesome! Now YOU can answer her question. We're all so curious about it as well," he said as he sat down on a chair and leaned back expectantly.

"Huh?!" Minhyuk asked, dumbfounded.

"Yes, Uncle Minhyuk, where DO babies come from?" Jungshin asked teasingly as he sat down on another chair, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees.

"I SAID, BABIES COME FROM MOMMIES!" Hoonie shouted again as he wrestled with his daddy on the floor. Jonghyun started strangling him playfully with his legs, showing him some judo moves.

Little Hyunnie placed her little hands on the sides of Uncle Minhyuk's face and stared into his eyes. "Please tell me, Uncle Minhyuk."

Minhyuk melted into the little girl's eyes. "Uhmm, well, babies~ ahh, babies~ well, you know, ummm~ a stork carries them in a, ahh, a basket, and ummm~"

"Yah, yah, you're messing up that kid," Jungshin said as he stood up beside Minhyukkie and looked at little Hyunnie.

"Look here, Hyunnie. If you give Uncle Jungshin a kiss, he'll tell you where babies come from," he said, giving the little girl a sweet smile.

Hyunnie looked back and forth between the two uncles and finally leaned forward and kissed Uncle Jungshin on the cheek. He gave an exaggerrated sigh and clasped a hand over his heart.

"Yah yah, you two, are you ing on my daughter?!" Yonghwa demanded from his seat.

Frowning at him for being such a pain in the a**, Jungshin cleared his throat. Hyunnie looked at him with soulful eyes as she settled herself comfortably in Uncle Minhyuk's arms.

"Well, you see Hyunnie, it's just like the birds and the bees..." he started. Jonghyun suddenly stopped wrestling with his boy and sat up straight.

"Now THIS I gotta hear," he said, grabbing the drumsticks from Minhyuk's back pocket and handing them to Hoonie.

"Not on the drums, Hoonie, just on the floor," he instructed the excited kid, who simply nodded his head furiously. Jonghyun settled himself on the chair next to Yonghwa and crossed his arms.

The two fathers looked at Jungshin expectantly.

Jungshin looked at the two fathers and smirked knowingly. He then cleared his throat and continued his explanation.

"Hyunnie, do you like flowers?"

The little girl's eyes lit up and sparkled. She clapped her hands together excitedly. "I love flowers, Uncle Jungshin!"

"Of course you do, you're a little flower yourself. Now, just imagine that your mom is a flower..."

Yonghwa snorted as he tried to hold in his laughter. Jonghyun's forehead crinkled as he paid close attention to what Jungshin was saying.

"If you watch closely, what can you usually see hovering around flowers?" Jungshin asked.

Hyunnie pursed her lips together in concentration. "Bees!"

"Smart girl! Yes, bees are always around flowers coz they've got something bees love, and that is~~honey!"

"I thought he was gonna say 'ity' or something," Yonghwa whispered to Jonghyun. The two fathers laughed quietly at the maknae trying to explain the facts of life.

"Honey comes from flowers?" Hyunnie asked, tilting her head to the side.

Someone tugged on Jungshin's leg. Hoonie had stood up from his drumming on the floor.

"But doesn't honey come from bees, Uncle Jungshin? I saw it on tv," the little boy inquired, using a drumstick to scratch his head in confusion.

Minhyuk smirked and whispered to his friend. "You're in big trouble now," he said as he pat his friend on the shoulder.

Jungshin picked up the boy and explained. "Well, not exactly Hoonie. Bees get the honey from the flowers first, then they store it in their house."

"We've got honey in our house, it's in a cute bear bottle," Hyunnie said, raising her hand.

"I put honey on my pancakes, Uncle Jungshin!" Hoonie piped up as well.

The two fathers were now laughing uncontrollably on their seats, trying to keep as quiet as they could. Everything was starting to look chaotic. Minhyuk was also grinning widely as he watched his friend try to worm his way out of the situation.

"Yes, yes honey is great on pancakes. Well, back to our story. Bees land on the flowers to get the honey, but some stuff like 'seeds' attach to their legs. They fly off to another flower to get more honey~"

"This is getting too complicated, but he's got their attention anyway~" Jonghyun whispered to his hyung, who snorted again in a failed attempt to hide his laughter.

The kids were focused on Uncle Jungshin to notice their fathers. Even little Hoonie had forgotten about the drums.

"So these 'seeds' fall off when they get to another flower, and these 'seeds'~"

"I think they're called 'pollen'~" Minhyuk interjected.

"Sssshhhh~ let's keep it simple," Jungshin hissed at his friend and continued with his explanation.

"~these seeds fall into the next flower, and they get mixed with other stuff inside that flower, which make the seeds that make more new flowers, or baby flowers."

The two little kids stared at Uncle Jungshin for a couple more seconds. Hoonie turned to his father then.

"Daddy, I want to plant a baby in mommy now. I want a baby sister!" the boy demanded. Jonghyun was startled as he stood up to get his son from his uncle.

"Ahh, Hoonie it's not that simple," the father started to say.

"Let's go Daddy, we can just go buy seeds for a baby sister right? Let's go let's go let's go!" Hoonie pleaded, making his Daddy's head move up and down as in a nod.

Jonghyun glared at Jungshin that clearly said "you're dead."

Jungshin turned to Minhyuk then. "I think we need to do research first before we have kids ourselves," he whispered. Minhyuk nodded in agreement.

Yonghwa stood up and clapped his hands. He reached out and took his daughter from Minhyuk.

"Wow, I never thought you'd say it like that Jungshin-ah, but great job," he said, holding up a thumb.

"Ahh by the way Jonghoonie, why is he your favorite uncle?" Jonghyun asked as a way to distract his son, who was still asking for seeds for a baby sister.

"Uncle Yonghwa is my favorite uncle!" Hoonie shouted.

"Yes, yes you already said that, I'm asking why him and not those two?" Jonghyun asked, pointing to Minhyuk and Jungshin.

Hoonie suddenly turned shy and hid his face in the crook of his father's neck. He mumbled something that the others couldn't understand.

"What did you say, son? Say it out loud so we can hear you clearly," Jonghyun instructed.

"I said, coz he's Hyunnie's daddy. I'm going to marry Hyunnie when we grow up and make babies!" Hoonie said loudly.

Minhyuk and Jungshin dropped into the chairs and laughed uncontrollably at the little boy's words. Jonghyun snorted as he tried to control his laughter for Yonghwa's sake.

"Yahh Jonghyun-ah, your boy, seriously!?!" Yonghwa blurted out, flustered. In the back of his mind, he could hear Seohyun's words: "They're just babies, sweetheart, JUST BABIES."

"Daddy? What does 'ing' mean?"

Yonghwa's distraught face cracked up the boys, who continued laughing long after the hyungnim had left the studio.

"Daddy? What DOES it mean? 'ing,'" Hoonie asked as he looked up from observing an ant on the wall. Jonghyun's jaw dropped as he found himself speechless.

Jungshin grinned as he looked at Minhyuk. "I think we need to be careful what we say around these kids ," he said. Minhyuk grinned in reply as he pat Jonghyun-hyung's shoulder.

"Good luck hyung!" the two guys called out as they left the studio.

Jonghyun sighed as he picked up his kid and his guitar case.

"You'll know when you grow older," he answered simply.

And hopefully you won't be doing anything like it, he thought as he determinedly carried off his curious son.


Posted via m.livejournal.com.