Pink and Blue

Jung Family One-shots

Jung residence
Nursery
2200 hours


"Alright men! This is officially a war!" Yonghwa boomed as he paced back and forth. He was holding a drumstick in one hand and slapping it on the other.

"To win this war, we men need to stand firm together and fight!" Yong continued. He looked straight back at his audience and pointed his drumstick.

"You will have to follow every word I say to you, arasso?!"

Two wide eyes blinked back at him and finally folded into an eye smile.

"Kyaaaaa!!!" replied his one and only soldier, whose pacifier fell off as he gurgled his baby sounds and drooled all over his bib.

Yonghwa leaned forward at eye-level with his boy.

"We say no to Pink!!!"



photo cr: as tagged


★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★

3 hours before the incident...

"Kids! we're leaving now!" Yonghwa called out as he went down the staircase. Seohyun was still in the bedroom, doing some last-minute preparation.

The couple was attending an awards ceremony.  The kids were to be left at home with Yonghwa's mother, who was still on the way.

"Appa, you don't really need to call halmoni over, you know. I'm 14! I can be in-charge," Hyunnie called over from the living room. She was sitting on the floor, playing with 10-month old Yong-yong and his soft toys.

Yonghwa walked over as he adjusted his sleeves. He knelt down beside his baby boy and gave him a kiss on top of his head.

"Are you sure Hyunnie? Grandma's on her way already..." Yonghwa started to say, still undecided.

"I think that's a good idea," Seohyun said as she came downstairs.

Yonghwa looked up and forgot the matter at hand. His mouth hung open as he watched the vision of a goddess float down the staircase. Nothing's changed in all the years they've been together. Her beauty never ceased to amaze him.

"Appa, you'll start drooling over your tux soon..." Seohyun chuckled as she brushed off some lint from his shoulders. She fixed his bowtie and hair as well before kneeling on the floor and kissing Yong-yong.

"Do you think we can trust you, sweetie?" Seohyun asked Hyunnie as she ran her fingers through the baby's soft hair. The baby gurgled through his pacifier and lifted up his arms to be carried. Seohyun picked him up and kissed his chubby cheeks.

"Omma, you've left him with me a couple of times already," Hyunnie whined, taking Yong-yong from her mother. "Let me take him, Omma. He might make a mess on your gown."

Yonghwa looked on at his daughter as he finally made a decision.

"Omma, i think we should give it a try. Although Hyunnie, this time it could be 3 to 4 hours, not minutes like before," Yonghwa said as he helped Seohyun into her cape.

"I can do it Appa! Plus, I've got the twins and MeeYon to help me," Hyunnie said excitedly as she clapped hands with the baby.

"Hmmm --"

"They'll be fine, Yeobo. I trust the girls," Seohyun countered.

"Alright then. Kids! We're really going now!" Yonghwa hollered after giving the baby a last peck on the cheeks.

The sound of running feet on the stairs called their attention. The twins and MeeYon came down in a hurry to give their hugs and kisses.

Seohyun and Yonghwa looked back at their children before moving through the door. They were lined up according to age, with the baby in Hyunnie's arms.

"Awww, such angels!" Seohyun sighed, giving them a flying kiss and waving good-bye as she went out.

"We'll see you later girls! I'll tell Halmoni she doesn't need to come over. Keep the doors locked. Behave!" He growled playfully as he left.

The girls giggled as they waved goodbye.

HwaYoung then turned to Hyunnie and smirked.

"Unnie... Shall we?"

Hyunnie smiled at Yong-yong, who was grabbing her fingers and looking at them intensely.

"Let's do it," she said. All kids went up the stairs and headed to the nursery.

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★

"Alright first things first," Hyunnie said, calling the attention of her sisters. She held up two little dresses. "Which one would be better?" she asked.

"The pink one!" all three sisters chorused.

"Goo goo goo!" little Yong-yong gurgled from his crib, banging his bottle on the rails. MeeYon walked over and wiped his drool with his bib.

"The pink one then!" Hyunnie said excitedly as she walked over to the crib.

The twins giggled as they stood up and went over to watch.

"Now Yong-yong, we love you, and please don't tell Appa about this. We just think you'd be adorable as a girl!!!" HeRan cooed to the baby as she help her unnie change the baby's outfit.

Yong-yong started to whimper as his head went through the little pink dress.

"Ooohhh calm down Yong-yongie, we'll be done soon!" HwaYoung cooed from the other side of the crib. Yong-yong started to cry as his noonas put his arms through the sleeves.

"Ummm Unnie, do we really have to do this?" MeeYon said as she started to worry.

"It will be fine, MeeYon-ah, we'll be done playing before Omma and Appa get back," HeRan answered.

"Ta-dah!" Hyunnie unnie said as she carried Yong-yong and raised him into the air, making him laugh.

All four noonas giggled and clapped their hands excitedly.

This is going to be fun!

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★

"Would you like to have some more tea, HwaYoung-ssi?" MeeYon said in a British accent, holding up her little toy teapot. Some sort of classical music was playing on the background from Hyunnie unnie's mp3 player.

HwaYoung handed over her teacup, her pinkie finger held up.

"Certainly, MeeYon-ssi," she said, playing along.

All girls were seated around the little nursery table, dressed up in pink dresses and ruffles. Little Yong-yong was on Hyunnie noona's lap, wearing a pink dress as well, with a lacy pink headband wrapped around his tiny head. HeRan noona reached over to take his pacifier, causing him to cry.

"Oohh don't cry Yong-yong, just need to change with this," she said and popped in a pink pacifier in place. The cries stopped immediately, and the baby boy clapped his hands in delight.

MeeYon giggled as she filled up her unnies' teacups with their "tea."

"This is fun, unnie!" she said to Hyunnie unnie.

Hyunnie smiled as she held her teacup to her lips. "I know, but noone tells Appa alright?! We'll be soooo dead if he finds out."

"Arasso!" the three girls agreed.

"Everybody make some noise!" HwaYoung interjected as the mp3 player shuffled out 'The Boys'.

All four girls stood up and danced to the music, Hyunnie dancing with Yong-yong in her arms. The baby clapped his hands excitedly and laughed at the sight of his noonas dancing.

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★

Yonghwa glanced at Seohyun, who was squirming in her seat and looking at her wristwatch. That was probably the 4th time she'd done that within the last 30 minutes. He reached over and clasped both of her hands in his and placed them on the dining table.

"Relax, Yeobo. They'll be fine," he whispered, keeping his eyes on the stage.

Seohyun looked up at him and sighed.

"I know Yeobo, but I don't know, something's making me uneasy..." she said quietly, leaning onto him.

Yonghwa reached out and placed an arm over her shoulders.

"It'll be fine sweetie, Hyunnie just texted me a couple of minutes ago. They're having fun," he said as he comforted his wife.

Seohyun smiled then. They're good girls... everything's going to be fine...

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★

"Wow, your cheeks are blushing and shining now unnie!" MeeYon exclaimed as she finished applying some makeup on HwaYoung unnie.

"My turn, MeeYon-ah," HeRan said as she moved her chair towards her dongsaeng.

"How about some pink lip gloss Yong-ah-ssi? Yes? Ok then," Hyunnie said from the other side of the table, playing a conversation between her and the baby. She proceeded to place a dab of gloss on his baby smooth lips and spread it with her pinkie.

"Goo goo goo," Yong-yong blabbered as he tasted the strawberry flavored gloss.

"Oohhh unnie, here put on some sparkly blush on those chubby cheeks!" HeRan exclaimed as she moved closer to them. She applied a bit of blush on the baby's cheeks with her fingers and giggled afterwards.

"Alright unnie, let's take a picture of our little Yong-sun-ssi! Awww so pretty!" HwaYoung cooed as she took out her camera phone to take a shot.

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★

Yonghwa and Seohyun walked into the house quietly. They had decided to come home early and didn't finish the program.

"Yeobo, I think all the kids are asleep. I'm not hearing anything," Seohyun whispered to her nampyeon as she took off her cape and hung it in the hallway closet.

"Yeah, they probably are. Let's check on the baby," Yonghwa whispered back.

Walking up the stairs softly, they heard Yong-yong's giggles and thumping that sounded like him banging his bottle on the crib walls.

Seohyun walked faster and headed to the nursery. She suddenly stopped at the doorway, placing a hand over as she gasped, her eyes wide.

"What's the matter Yeobo-yah?" Yonghwa asked, curious at her actions. He peeked through the nursery doorway, and his eyes narrowed.

All four noonas were asleep on the floor. They looked like angels in pink dresses. MeeYon's head was on Hyunnie unnie's shoulder. The twins laid side by side, curled up on the floor. Hyunnie must have been reading them a story when they fell asleep.

Yong-yongie was in the crib, giggling and banging his bottle.

He was wearing pink from head to toe.

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★

Jung Residence
Hyunnie's bedroom
2200 hours

Seohyun paced back and forth in front of the window, her hands clasped behind her. She stopped and looked towards the bed. Hyunnie, HwaYoung, HeRan and MeeYon were sitting quietly, looking at her and following her every movement. Seohyun sighed and continued her pacing.

Yonghwa was still in the nursery with Yong-yong. He had sent them all away, saying he'd be the one to change the baby's clothes. His voice was very deep and soft when he spoke, the girls almost ran out of the nursery.

Seohyun turned her back to the girls and glanced out the window. A smile crept onto her face, and she had to bite her lip to keep it from widening. She could barely keep herself from laughing. Clearing , she turned back to her daughters.

"Girls," she started. All four girls perked up and sat up straight, looking at her intently.

Seohyun cleared again before speaking.

"Girls, I know this looks serious..." she continued. MeeYon started to whimper.

"Awww sweetie..." Seohyun said as she sat beside the little girl and embraced her.

"We're really sorry, Omma," Hyunnie said, moving to the floor and holding MeeYon's hands, trying to comfort the little girl.

"Is Appa mad? Like... really mad?" HeRan asked softly, moving to Seohyun's side.

"We just wanted to try it once, Omma, promise! We didn't know you'd come home early..." HwaYoung started to explain as she moved to the floor beside Hyunnie unnie.

Seohyun looked at each of the girls' faces, all looking at her with worry.

"Well... alright, here's my idea..." she began. Five brown-haired heads came together closely as Omma explained.

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★

Jung Residence
Nursery
2215 hours

Yonghwa shifted the sleeping baby in his arms. They were in the rocking chair, and little Yong-yong fell asleep while feeding. He was now wearing his regular blue coveralls.

Yonghwa closed his eyes as he sighed deeply. The shock was finally wearing off.

In a way, he was kind of expecting it. They were four noonas, after all. Yonghwa opened his eyes and stared at the baby. He had his mother's eyes as well, and his father's full lips. Yonghwa grinned. Looking closely now, little Yong-yong does look like a little flower boy.

He sighed again and leaned on the rocking chair's back.

He needed to talk to the girls.

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★

Jung Residence
Master bedroom
2300 hours

Yonghwa opened his eyes as he heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in!" he called out. He knew they were coming.

Seohyun opened the door slightly and peeked in.

"Is this a good time, Appa?" she winked as she asked.

Yonghwa grinned.

"Yeah, it's alright. Let's get this over with, so we can all sleep."

Seohyun smiled as she came in and sat beside him on the bed.

Their four daughters filed in one by one, all with their heads down. They were all wearing blue PJs, even Hyunnie unnie and HeRan, who preferred wearing girly nightgowns.

MeeYon was clinging onto HwaYoung unnie's arm as she walked in. Yonghwa suddenly pitied the girls and decided to forgive them then and there. He started to sit up, but Seohyun held him back.

"Ssshhh, you've got to see this Yeobo," she whispered.

Hyunnie suddenly cleared and looked straight at him.

"Appa, we know you're mad at us, and we just want to say we're sorry. We were just playing!" she explained. Yonghwa moved as if to answer, but Seohyun's eyes told him to stay still.

"Sooo... to show you we're really sorry, here we go..." HwaYoung continued for her unnie.

Yonghwa sat up straight then and stared at his daughters.

They proceeded to perform the most explosive aegyo show of their lives. There were bunny ears, kitty ears, puffy cheeks, duckie lips, blinking eyes, eyesmiles, and more.

That 1-minute aegyo show was one of the sweetest moments a father could ever cherish from his little girls. Hyunnie covered her face after everything.

"You girls are really... cute! daebak!" Yonghwa suddenly exclaimed, and showed them his curled up fingers and toes.

They all rushed in to give them their good night hugs and kisses, and in a few seconds, it was quiet again in the bedroom.

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun. Seohyun giggled as she looked at her nampyeon.

They fell into each other's embrace laughing.

Aahhhhh kids...

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★


* Jung baby boy's name is Yong-sun - meaning "dragon in first position" or "valor and respect"