Just Another Afternoon

Jung Family One-shots

The house was quiet. A little too quiet.

Hyun breathed deeply and stretched out her arms. A quiet moment like this to herself was rare these days. She'd just finished hanging some blankets to dry out in the backyard. It was time for an afternoon snack.

In the kitchen, she started to roast some of her favorite sweet potatoes in the broiler. Singing softly, she busied herself with cleaning up the dishes as well. She stopped in the middle of washing a bowl and listened carefully.

She thought she heard something from upstairs. Quickly drying her hands with her apron, she ran up the stairs and opened the last door. Looking into the room, she sighed with relief.

Tiptoeing inside, she looked down at the sleeping form in the crib. Thank goodness she's still asleep, Hyun thought to herself.

With a little smile, she brushed away a strand of hair from the little girl's forehead. Ahh, my little angel. So pure and angelic when asleep. Just like her father... Yeah, JUST LIKE her father. 

Hyun sighed and tucked the covers around her daughter before going down to the kitchen again. Better grab the opportunity while little Hyunnie was still napping.

This was her favorite part of the day. A few quiet minutes to herself, having a bit of tea while reading or writing into her diary...

It's not that I don't like other parts of the day, I love my life, especially spending time with my baby girl and BABY yong ^^ but trying to keep up with them certainly drains all my energy. It doesn't help that Hyunnie's energy is double that of her daddy's.

Hyun grinned as she wrote her entry for today. It's true. Her husband was such a chodingit was just unfortunate Hyunnie took after him so much. No, it's not unfortunate. It was the best thing that could have happened. I just wish sometimes that she was a little bit more like her well behaved mommy. 

She laughed at that, while shaking her head. She sipped her tea as she enjoyed her book.
Suddenly, a loud crash from upstairs brought her head out of her reading.

Dugeun dugeun. Hyun ran up the stairs again towards the nursery. The sight that met her eyes was something to behold. The small bookcase by the window was empty. In other words, all its contents were on the floor. Books, toys... And the culprit did not even look a bit guilty. She seemed fine. Veeeeerrry fine indeed. The sight was just too adorable, she couldn't hold her laughter...

"Mommy! I play like daddy!" Hyunnie grinned at her with a big smile, showing her two front teeth, her ONLY teeth at the moment..

Okay, here we go again...

***
Yong looked up from the music sheets he was holding as he heard his phone beep with a message coming in. It was from his wife. A smile slowly spread on his face as he saw the picture that came with the message.



Yah, whose daughter is this?! She climbed up the bookcase after throwing all the books and toys. It's your turn to clean it up when you get home. love you! Hyun




Ahhh, life is good... Yong thought to himself as he stood up and got ready to go home to his family.