Operation YongSeo Anniversary

Jung Family One-shots

January 20_ _
Jung Residence (Nursery)
1400 Hours (2pm)

"Alright girls, let's get down to business," Hyunnie said as she set up a large cardboard on the little table in the nursery.

"Unnie why are we here in the nursery?" He Ran asked as she sat daintily on her little chair.

"Unnie, there are cartoons on tv now. I've been waiting to see Keroro. Can we just go back to the living room please?" HwaYoung pleaded as she remained standing.

"Mmunnie! Mmunnie!" Little MeeYon mumbled through her pacifier as she stood up in her crib, throwing her stuffed toys at her unnies.

"Silence! Quiet please!" Hyunnie commanded as she sat down on a chair as well. "HwaYoungie, since you refuse to sit down, let us begin the meeting with you reading our agenda today. Please read the board."

HwaYoung looked at the board and chuckled. "Operation YongSeo Anniversary."

"Waaahh, Unnie really?!" HeRan cried out, clapping her hands.

"Yes, now I've planned this all carefully. You just need to follow the plan down to the dot. HwaYoung, sit down here. Mee-mee, you just be cute over there." Hyunnie said as she ordered her dongsaengs.

Mee-mee squealed and sat down in her crib, playing with her toys.

Three brown-haired heads gathered together closely to pore over the cardboard plan on the table...

* * * * *

Seohyun looked up from folding the laundry and stood still for a while. The house was a little too quiet. That's unusual on a weekend such as this, when all the three unnies were at home. Usually you'd hear girly squeals and giggles, plus the sound of running feet, especially with Youngie around.

Hmmm... this is too suspicious. Seohyun trusted her girls, but a mother can never really trust little girls too much. Her maternal instincts went into overdrive. Leaving the laundry room, Seohyun checked the living room first. Seeing it empty, she looked at the clock above the television.

Ahh.. they must be napping then. Going up the stairs slowly and quietly, she headed to the nursery first to check in on little MeeYon. Much to her surprise, all four girls were in the nursery together.

"Hello ladies, what do we have here?" Seohyun greeted cheerfully as she entered the nursery.

"OMMA!" Hyunnie exclaimed as she stood up in front of the table. HeRan stood up as well and hugged her Omma around the waist. HwaYoung was sitting cross-legged on top of the table.

"We were just talking Omma. Hyunnie unnie said she missed playing with us, so we were trying to decide what to do," HeRan said, still with her arms around Seohyun's waist.

"Omma, we're gonna play dress up! Can we have your old SNSD costumes please?" HwaYoung said, raising her right arm.

"Oh really?! That would be nice. Can I play with you?" Seohyun said excitedly, clapping her hands as she cooed at little MeeYon.

"NO!" All three unnies cried out in unison.

"MO MO MO!" MeeYon echoed from the crib, still mumbling through her pacifier and drooling.

"What?!" Seohyun placed a hand over her chest in surprise. "You don't want to play with Omma anymore?!" She couldn't help pouting sadly.

"Uhmm, we didn't mean that Omma. Sure why not?! But we want to surprise you. How about we have a fashion show later and then you'll be the judge?" Hyunnie said, trying to comfort her Omma with a hug.

"Ooohh I'd love that!" Seohyun exclaimed as she went to kiss little MeeYon on the forehead, HeRan and Hyunnie following her. "Let's go get the costumes from storage, ok?! Aigoo, this is gonna be fun!" Seohyun cried out excitedly, clapping her hands as she left the nursery.

Hyunnie gestured wildly to HwaYoung, who got off the table and hid The Plan under the crib.

Meeting was cancelled. For now...

* * * * *

Jung Residence
1600 Hours

"Girls! Appa's here! Yoooohoooo!" Yonghwa called out as he took off his shoes by the front door.  Seohyun had called him to say she went out for a while to buy something, and that Hyunnie was in charge of the kids. He decided to come home early from work and spend some quality time with his daughters. The last few days had been hectic, and he was glad to get out of the office.

"Oh girls! Appa's here!" Yonghwa called out again, jumping on the stairs, taking it two steps at a time. Peeking into the first door, which was the twins' bedroom, he was surprised to find nobody there.

Hearing giggling from the nursery, Yonghwa smiled and rushed over.

"Well hello there, pretty ladies! What's up?!" Yonghwa bellowed out in his deep voice.

"APPA! You're home!? Early!?" Hyunnie exclaimed as she sat down on the low table. She was wearing a very fluffy pink dress. The twins were wearing matching outfits as well.

Yonghwa gasped loudly as he saw HwaYoung.

"Youngie!?! Is that you?! Really?!" He chuckled as he saw HwaYoung turn red as she fidgeted with her dress. He was so surprised to find her wearing it in the first place, much more the makeup she had on. Ah Youngie, you're finally a girl!?!

"Ah Appa, seriously!? We were just playing!" HwaYoung complained as she sat down on a chair, crossing her arms on her chest and pouting. Hyunnie laughed at the sight of her sister copying a very familiar move from her father.

"Appa, Hyunnie unnie said she missed playing with us, so we played dress up! Youngie looks really pretty in a dress." HeRan defended her twin.

Yonghwa held up his hands in front of him.

"Hey, ALL my girls are pretty, I know that. I'm just used to seeing her with a baseball bat. Hehehe... Well, Omma is out, so I'm in-charge at the moment. What do you want to do?" Yonghwa said, walking over to the crib. Hyunnie turned in her seat as well, following her Appa's movements.

The three girls looked at each other carefully. MeeYon broke the silence with a shriek. "Appa!"

Yonghwa picked up the maknae and twirled around with her, getting more shouts of glee from the little girl.

HeRan came over and pulled him out of the nursery, along with little MeeYong.

"Let's play our favorite game Appa. Let's play makeover." HeRan said as they walked out.

"What?! Why with me again?!" Yonghwa exclaimed in surprise. He went with her anyway.

HwaYoung pulled The Plan from underneath Hyunnie unnie and hid it quickly behind the curtain.

Meeting was cancelled. Again...

* * * * *

"Girls, this task seems to be too big for us." Hyunnie said to the three girls sitting on her bed. It was bedtime. Omma and Appa had gone to bed early, thinking all the kids were asleep.

MeeYon, still with her pacifier, was pounding on a toy stuffed piano as she sat in Hyunnie's lap.

"It's kinda hard to plan with Omma around. She's really smart." HeRan answered, drawing her feet into her pink nightgown.

"Plus Appa is very sneaky! Ah, cheongmal!?" HwaYoung added as she crawled on her tummy on top of the bed.

Hyunnie sighed. "I guess we'll have to call in the reinforcement. Girls, take out your phones."

Hyunnie: "Hello, Auntie Hyoyeon? We need your help. Badly..."

HwaYoung: "Uncle Jonghyun, what's up?! Can we talk? Really need your help on something..."

HeRan: "Grandma Jung! Is Grandpa there? We need to talk, it's kind of an emergency..."

* * * * *

February 11 20_ _
Jung Residence (Master Bedroom)
0600 Hours (6am)

Yonghwa pressed the button on the alarm clock as it rang. He forgot to turn it off last night. It's a weekend after all.  Still with his eyes closed, he crept his hands to his side, reaching out for his wife. But the bed was empty. Opening his eyes in surprise, he sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Yeobo, the kids are gone."

Yonghwa's head snapped up when he heard Seohyun's voice. It was shaking.

She was standing at the doorway, holding up a large brown envelope in her hands.

"What do you mean they're gone?" Yonghwa exclaimed, his heart pounding.

"I mean, they're gone. They're not in their beds, nowhere in the house. Even the baby. Gone." Seohyun explained, her voice getting softer.

Yonghwa jumped out of the bed and ran to check all his girls' bedrooms. He then ran all over the house, checking every single room. It was true. His precious babies were missing.

"Oh my.. I'm calling the police!" Yonghwa said fiercely as he went back to the bedroom.

Seohyun was sitting on the bed, staring blankly at the envelope she was holding.

"What's that Yeobo?" Yonghwa asked as he sat down beside her. He saw Hyunnie's handwriting on the envelope.


Appa, Omma. We've run away from home. Inside are our good-bye letters...

Yonghwa's heart leaped to his throat.

"What?!" He grabbed the envelope and opened it, spilling the contents on the floor. Seohyun laid on the bed, covering her eyes with her arm. She couldn't process anything at the moment. She couldn't believe what was happening...

Yonghwa began laughing softly. His shook his head, not believing what he was seeing. His shoulders began to shake as laughter rumbled out of his chest until he couldn't control it anymore and laughed out loud. He laid in bed beside his wife, still laughing uncontrollably.

Seohyun looked at her husband, confused.

"Yeobo, control yourself. We've got to figure out what to do," she said, trying to calm her husband. Oh no, he's gone crazy, she thought.

Yonghwa was grabbing his tummy as he kept pointing to the floor. Seohyun glanced over, and finally smiled herself.


Dear Omma and Appa,
Happy Anniversary!
Sorry if we got you worried for a bit there, but we really wanted to surprise you.  You've both been very busy with work and taking care of us, we wanted to give you time to yourselves. So here's our gift to you! (Grandmas and Grandpas Jung and Seo pitched in on everything)
We love you so much!

love, Hyunnie


Dear Omma and Appa,
Happy Anniversary!
Please enjoy yourselves and don't worry about us. We're going to Busan for the week! We'll miss you, but you have to do this, alright? chu~

love, HeRan

Appa, Omma,
Happy Anniversary!
It was so hard planning this, both of you were always around. Thank goodness SoShi aunts and CNBlue uncles helped us out. No work for you for a week, yey!

HwaYoung

P.S. Both Grandpas told me to add this. "You better get back here with a SON." Hyunnie ^^



Yonghwa and Seohyun looked at each other in amazement.

"You've got some amazing kids there, Seo Joohyun," Yonghwa whispered as he moved closer to his wife.

"No, WE'VE got awesome kids, Jung Yonghwa. Our kids are.. JJANG." Seohyun whispered back as she kissed her husband, still in awe.

There were two round trip tickets to Europe on the floor.

"How about we get working on that son the gramps' requested?!" Yonghwa teased, wriggling his eyebrows and grinning.

"Ahh cheongmal!?!" Seohyun laughed as she slapped her husband playfully on the arm.

Life truly is beautiful... ^^