From Diapers to Dancing Shoes

Jung Family One-shots

 

"Remember, just like a butterfly, she too will spread her wings and fly someday. Enjoy the caterpillar years." - Michael Mitchell



"Omma~~~~ Hyunnie doesn't want to play with me anymore..."

Seohyun looked up from her book when she heard the whining, biting her lower lip to keep from smiling.

"Aww sweetie, she really said that?" she cooed as she moved towards the lonely figure sitting at the foot of the bed.

"Hmmm... why so sulky sweetie?" Hyun teased, placing her left arm across his shoulders while his cheek gently.

"I'm not sulking! I just feel bad... You know what she said to me?!" Yong whined.

"What did she say Appa?" Hyun asked, trying to appease her nampyeon.

"She said she had to do homework with Jonghoon. Can you believe that?!?!" Yong said, incredulous at the thought of being snubbed for a boy.

"Yeobo, you do know she's an honor student right? She needs to study. And it's good that she's helping out Jonghoon with his schoolwork," Hyun said, trying to soothe Yong's ruffled feathers. "Besides... Hyunnie's 12 years old, yeobo. Twelve-year-old girls don't play with their Appas anymore."

"Ah seriously, she's just 12!? She should still be playing!" Yong replied, pouting.

""Hmmm... You've got three other daughters sweetie. Why don't you play with them?" Seohyun sighed, laughing to herself because Yong refused to be comforted.

"I'm always playing with them. Just this morning, I played baseball with HwaYoung. HeRan and I played with her dolls yesterday. Little MeeYon and I play dress up all the time, although I wonder why they want to play dress up with me and not you..."

Seohyun laughed at that.

"I miss playing with Hyunnie..." Yong pouted his lips again and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Yeobo, you're gonna have to accept that Hyunnie's growing up. She'll be a lady soon..." Seohyun began as she started to massage Yong's shoulders.

"No! She's still my baby girl. They're all my baby girls!" Yong shook his head vigorously. "Yah, I'm giving that Jonghoon boy 10 hamburgers!"

Seohyun sighed.  "He's Jonghyun oppa's son. He probably LOVES hamburgers, sweetie..."

* * *
flashbacks...


"Do you, Jung Yonghwa, solemnly swear to marry Seo Joohyun, to love and to cherish, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

Silence.

"Yah, oppa!" hissed Seohyun.

"Can I think about it first?" replied Yonghwa to the minister.

The entire congregation gasps.

"Ahh oppa, cheongmal!?!" Seohyun cried out.

"Arasso, arasso! I was just nervous. I DO!" Yonghwa answered the minister as he patted Seohyun's hand.

Audience: "Whoohoooooo!!!" + catcalls

Brothers-in-law (groomsmen): "Hyung~ah! hahaha!!!"

Sisters-in-law (bridesmaids): Laser eyes >.<

Seohyun's father: Shakes his head, grinning.

Yonghwa's father: grinning, "He got that from me... his sense of humor... hahaha!"

Mothers-in-law: looking at each other, blushing ^.^

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun straight in the eyes and said loudly, "I LOVE YOU SEO JOOHYUN! OF COURSE I WANNA MARRY YOU!"

(whispering to the minister) "Can I add 'for 1 or more kids'?"

The minister grins and shook his head. "I now pronounce you husband and wi~"

"Yahoo!" shouts Yonghwa as he kisses his bride fully on the lips.

*congregation: standing ovation + catcalls*

* * *

"Yeobo, where are you? Come home early, ok?"

"What's the matter Seohyunnie? Is there a problem at home? I just need to finish practice with the boys then we're done."

"No, nothing's wrong. I just miss you. And I've got something important to tell you."

"What is it? Can't you tell me now? But I will try to come home early for dinner."

"I'll just tell you later, ok? Be patient."

"Yah, Joohyun-ah, don't you know me yet? Now I'm getting more curious. The suspense is going to kill me. What is it? Tell me now please. If you don't tell me now I'm going to call you every minute until you do."

"Ah chincha, ok ok. Yeobo-yah. . .  we're going to have a baby!"

". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

"Hello? Yeobo? Yo~ong? Hello?"

"Hyunsoonim! Jungshin here... Uhmm... Yonghwa hyung's fainted on the floor, what did you just tell him?!"

"Omona!"

* * *

"What's taking so long?!" Yonghwa said, tapping his feet while squeezing Seohyun's hand.

"We've only been here for 10 minutes, Yeobo."

"Really? It feels like forever. You know I hate hospitals."

Hyun sighed deeply, rubbing her tummy. "It's just a prenatal clinic, Yeobo."

"Even worse. Omona, look at all the pregnant women walking around!?!"

Hyun glared at her nampyeon and squeezed his hand tightly.

"But of course, noone's prettier than MY pregnant buin. kekeke... jaaaashik!"

Hyun couldn't help smiling at her choding nampyeon.

"Just try to relax, Yeobo. Yoona unnie recommended this clinic. I'm sure we'll be in good hands here."

"They better be good, or else we're moving to another clinic. Where's that OB-GYN anyway?!"

Hyun sighs again and continues to rub her tummy. Baby-ah... Are you going to be like your Appa? Aigoo...

* * *

"Jonghyun-ah, I can't believe you're having a baby before me," Yonghwa teased.

"Hyung, it just happened that way. hahaha... Besides, it's just 3 months, hyung," Jonghyun laughed, clearly happy and excited.

"That's because we are Busan men, right? hehe... But I'm so jealous, you're having a boy! What do I do with a girl?" Yonghwa said, his eyebrows meeting as he worried.

"Treat her like a princess, hyung, just like you treat your wife."

"But Hyun doesn't want to be treated like a princess... not this week, anyway. She wants to be treated like a queen! Aaahhhh... 4 more months of this is going to make me crazy!"

* * *

Seohyun woke up to the voice of an angel.


A raspy angelic voice, though.

She looked down towards her 6-month-old belly and saw her nampyeon's face pressed against it. He was singing a lovely children's song softly with his eyes closed, a hand caressing her pregnant belly.

"Yeobo, what are you doing?" she whispered.

"Hmmm?" he answered, still keeping his eyes closed.

"I asked... why is your face stuck to my belly?" she teased.

"My child and I are having a perfectly good conversation," he answered back, finally opening his eyes and moving over to cuddle his buin.

Seohyun adjusted her position to fit with her nampyeon's embrace.

"And what were you talking about, Yo~ong Appa?" she asked, rubbing a hand on her belly. The baby was kicking on her left side, so she reached for her nampyeon's hand and placed it there.

Yonghwa smiled as he felt the tiny kicks.

"I guess we've come to an agreement, then," he laughed as he continued rubbing the place where the baby had been kicking.

Seohyun scrunched up her nose at her nampyeon.

"So what is this oh-so-top-secret conversation that I was not a part of?" she said, suddenly feeling left out.

Yong wrapped her up in a tight embrace to comfort her.

"Nothing much, buin-ah. We just talked about loving you from out here..." Yonghwa kissed her on the cheek, "and then loving you from in there," and proceeded to give a soft kiss on her belly.

Seohyun sighed, in amazement and love for her nampyeon.

"Chincha Yo~ong Appa, when did you ever become this sweet?!" she said softly, giving him a kiss in return as she suddenly became teary.

Yonghwa gave her his famous cheek bursting, gummy grin.

"I've always been sweet. Now, let me teach our child some new words. I want her to be as eloquent as her omma and appa."

He moved over to press his face against her belly again.

"Stabirabi rapststabira... dooroo dooroo dooroo doo baba!"

"Ah chincha, Yeobo-yah!?!"


✧ ✧  sparkles ✧ ✧  ✧ ✧  sparkles ✧ ✧  ✧ ✧  sparkles ✧ ✧

"What's with all the ruckus Yong?"

Seohyun gasps as she sees Yong sitting on the floor of the nursery, looking over instructions for the crib.

"I'm working on the crib, Hyun-ah."

"But it's 3 am, yeobo-ya. You'll wake up the neighbors with your hammering!"

"I couldn't sleep! A song started to play in my head, but I couldn't draw out the lyrics, so I decided to come here."

"Aahh chincha," Hyun pulled Yong's arm to drag him up. "Let's go back to bed. You can sing or hum the song to the baby, alright?"

"Okay..."

* * *

"Ommoni, when are you coming here? I need you here."

"I'm taking the earliest flight tomorrow, Yonghwa-yah. What's the rush?"

"I'm going crazy Omma. Hyun's going to give birth any day now but we have a concert this weekend!? Maybe I should just cancel it?"

"Hmmm... relax, darling, we'll take care of her. Her omma's there, too, right?"

"Yes, but... ah my daughter's gonna be angry with me if i'm not there when she arrives, aahhh Omma, chincha!?"

"Deep breaths Yonghwa-yah... deep breaths..."

* * *

"She's got your eyes, Yeobo."

"She's got your lips, Oppa."

"Ahh really? Very kissable lips, eh?"

"Ah cheongmal..."

"Kekeke... What do we name her Yeobo? I want her to have Hyun, Coz she'll be so much like her mother."

"Hmmm... I kind of like the name HyunAe, meaning smart, clever and loving."

"Ah, I like it too, Hyun-ah. Then HyunAe it is... our little Hyunnie... OH!?!"

"What?! WHAT?!"

"She has my foot, too..."  


"Ah cheongmal!?!"

* * *

Seohyun woke up in the middle of the night to an empty bed. Grinning, she got up and went straight to the nursery.

Yonghwa was sitting in the rocking chair, bottle feeding the baby. He was cooing and talking to the baby, too. Seohyun hid herself from view and listened in on the father-daughter conversation.

"Now Hyunnie-ah, it's never too early to talk, so why don't you say 'Appa' now? Say it sweetie, A~pa. A~PA."

The newborn just stared at him, hungrily at the milk bottle.

Sigh. "Alright, we'll try it again later."

the baby's cheeks, Yong continued talking softly.

"You know I love you right? And of course I love your Omma, too. The best wife and mother in the world." Yong paused as he looked into the baby's eyes.

"I'd do anything for both of you," Yong whispered tenderly.

Seohyun blinked a couple of times to keep the tears from falling.

"My little Hyunnie... Appa can't wait for you to grow up! We'll play all the time. I'll buy you all the dolls and toys you want. The first instrument you learn will be the guitar. Or maybe the piano. Either one's fine with me. When you get bigger, I'll teach you how to ride the bike. Then maybe a horse later."

The baby cooed and giggled.

"Ah, so you like that, eh? keke... Of course, Appa will get you your first car, you just need to get your license first. How about a cute little blue truck?"

The baby cried.

"Oh no, you don't want a blue truck?" Yong rocked the chair a bit more to calm the baby.

"How does a pink car sound then?"

The baby smiled with those big sparkling eyes.

"Aigoo, so cute! It's a pink car then." Yonghwa paused and stared into those big sparkling eyes that resembled her mother's so much.

"We'll do lots of things sweetie, I can't wait. Appa loves you so much. Even though I hate dancing, Appa will dance with you all you want. I know you'll be a great dancer just like your Omma... I can see that now," Yonghwa grinned as the baby kicked her legs energetically.

Seohyun couldn't keep away any longer. She went into the nursery and knelt beside the rocking chair. the baby's hair she said, "Have I ever told you Hyunnie that your Appa rocks? Your appa is jjang."

Seohyun kissed the baby's forehead and looked up at Yonghwa. His eyes were glistening as well...

* * *

"Appa, look! I can play the guitar!"

Yong looked up from his composing and laughed at little Hyunnie. She was strumming away on her tiny pink guitar while jumping and dancing around.

"I'm going to be like Appa when I grow up!" Hyunnie exclaimed.

"Of course you will, sweetie, just don't let your Omma hear that. Now let me teach you the proper way to do that..."

* * *

"Appa, let's play dress up."

"What? How about the guitar sweetie?"

"I want to play dress up Appa. I want to wear Omma's dress. I'm going to be a princess!"

"Hmm... Alright, let's call your Omma..."

"Can I put make up on you too, Appa? Please? Pretty please?"

"What?!"

* * *

"Yah, Jonghyun-ah, your boy is really growing fast!? Look at him run!" Yonghwa commented as he threw a ball towards little Jonghoon.

It was picnic day with the CNBLUE uncles. Jungshin and Minhyuk were chasing little Hyunnie and Jonghoon.

"I know Hyung. And he's so much into sports nowadays, I can't help feeling so proud." Jonghyun boasted.

"Time to eat boys!" Yoona called out from the picnic table she was organizing with Seohyun.

"Wow hyunsoonim, you're getting bigger! And I mean that in a nice way." Minhyuk commented as he came to the table to help.

"Yeah, twins do that to you, haha." Seohyun replied, glowing happily.

All the other 5 adults stopped in their tracks.

"Twins?!" Yoona shrieked, hugging Seohyun.

"TWINS?!" Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin all said at the same time.

"Twins?" Yonghwa echoed, rooted to the spot.

All uncles went to Yonghwa and clapped him on the back.

"Well done Hyung! Well done!"

Yonghwa had his mouth hanging open. When he finally recovered from the shock, he went over to his wife and kissed her soundly.

"When did you find out? Why didn't you tell me?" he asked.

"Just this morning, yeobo. I wanted to surprise you," Seohyun answered, still glowing happily from her surprise.

"Appa APPA! I want a kiss too!" little Hyunnie shrieked, folding her arms across her chest and stomping her foot.

"Arasso sweetie. Did you hear that? You're going to be an unnie soon!" Yonghwa said as he picked up his daughter and kissed her on the cheek.

"What's an unnie Appa?" the little girl asked.

"Uhmm.. yes, here Omma will explain it better." Yonghwa said as he deposited his daughter on his wife's lap. Seohyun chuckled as she started to explain.

The 4 men gathered at the table and began piling food on their plates.

"Yonghwa hyung, your little girl is getting prettier. Can we have her for my daughter-in-law?" Jonghyun teased. He really got a kick out of teasing his hyung, especially when it came to little Hyunnie. Yoona slapped his arm playfully and smiled.

"Jagiya, they're just kids. However... it's a great idea, Yong-seobang," Yoona added, grinning.

Everybody at the table laughed except Yonghwa, who was glaring at Jonghyun.

Jonghoon suddenly tapped his father's hand.

"Appa, can you buy me a horse please? I want a white one."

Jonghyun was taken aback and stared at his son.

"Why suddenly a horse, son?"

Jonghoon glanced at Hyunnie, then back at his father.

"Well, Hyunnie said she was a princess, and princesses can only marry a prince. So I have to have a horse to become a prince. Please Appa?"

Yoona laughed out loud and hugged her son, while Seohyun clapped her hands along with little Hyunnie, who was smiling approvingly. Jonghyun guffawed as he looked at Yonghwa.  The two uncles just laughed uncontrollably.

Yonghwa's eyes were like slits and he wasn't smiling.

"YAH Jonghyun! I'm watching your boy..."

* * *

"Appa... ap~pa~"    Zzzzzzzz.....

"ummm.."

"Appa, can I sleep in your bed?"

"hmmm...?"

"Appa please? I think there are monsters under my bed appa, please?"

"Hmmm... alright sweetie, get in..."

"Can I bring Teddy with me Appa?"

"But Teddy is bigger than you sweetie..."

"But I can't sleep without him Appa."

"Appa will be your Teddy tonight, ok? Come on let's get back to sleep now before we wake up Omma."

"You'll keep the monsters away right, Appa? Promise?"

"I promise sweetie. Appa's not afraid of anything..."

* * *

"Let's dance Appa! Get up please! I want to be like Cinderella," Hyunnie said as she tried pulling Yong Appa from the couch.

"Appa doesn't know how to dance sweetheart," Yong replied.

"Just move like this Appa, and sway like this... ah chincha Appa!" Hyunnie laughed and giggled as Yong began dancing the Hoot dance.

Seohyun laughed as she looked up from her sewing. Yong choding strikes again.

"Omma join us! Let's dance. You'll be the Queen, Appa the King, and I'm Cinderella," Hyunnie explained as she pulled her omma's hands.

"But you don't have a Prince Charming sweetie," Seohyun said as she stood up and went into her husband's arms for the dance.

"It's alright Omma, I can dance with Appa, too."

* * *

Yonghwa passed by Hyunnie's room on his way downstairs to his music studio. He smiled at the hand-colored poster on the door.




Sighing, he continued walking.  He used to be the entire world for little Hyunnie. Now she's growing up... Ah chincha, Yong thought as he sniffed and wiped his eyes before anyone saw him.

"Appa?"

Yong stopped as he heard Hyunnie's voice. He turned around to see her standing at her doorway.

"Yes sweetie?"

"Can we play the guitar for a while? Teach me how to play that song Love Light again please, I'm a little rusty," Hyunnie said, pleading with those bright sparkling eyes of hers.

"Really? How about Jonghoon, sweetie? I thought you were studying together?" Yonghwa said, biting his lower lip to keep from grinning widely.

"Ah chincha, he's a boy, Appa. He can wait." Hyunnie giggled as she held on to her Appa's hand and pulled him towards the studio.

Seohyun peeked from behind Hyunnie's door and smiled.

Ah, my Yo~ong choding...