Letter Twenty Three

23 Letters;23 Wishes

       The night sky could be seen upon anyone's eyes. The stars lit up wonderful constellations giving guidance to lost ones. Light sounds of wolves can be heard with some good ears. The leaves of the many trees rustled by. They fell to the ground and if one were to step on them, they would make a delightful crunchy noise. The moon shone on the many buildings during this nightfall.

 

       Snores of the many children could be heard. Mothers were reading storybooks to children who have yet to fall asleep. Men were kissing their families good night. Peace has finally come upon this world. The dragons, phoenixes and unicorns are now able to take the time and relax. Mighty soldiers have been able to go home and see their beloved ones. All except for the legendary warriors. They have yet to go home as they fear another adventure will come once more.

 

      There was one young man who was walking around the banks of the Han River. They have settled in Seoul for a bit.  He pondered to himself, have they really defeated the bad of this world? Is the tree of life finally safe with the Exo orb? He questioned himself but only to stress himself out. He was dragging his sword around making tiny traces that followed his path. He stared at the reflection of the moon in the water. He instantly thought of his friend. He immediately blushed. It has been so long since he has last seen her. It is now the year of 2014 and many things have changed. It's been just about four years since they have last saw each other.

 

      Did she still think of him time to time? He hasn't received any more letters from ever since May 10, 2012. Has she disappeared from this world? Or was she mad that he has never respond? This young man wanted to talk to her face to face. He wanted to her melodic voice again. To see her radiance glow from her body. To see her smile once more. He sighed heavily to himself.

 

       His eyes being quick as a ninja caught something. It was red and round and it was bound to a tree. He ran with his heart to that one particular tree. The leaves of the tree was red, orange and yellow indicating the fact that it was now autumn. His eyes widened. His heart began to race. His palm started to sweat. Could this be it? He thought.

 

      He unravelled the letter and read:

 

My beloved Tao

~

 

April 7, 2013

My beloved Tao

        Hello there! Sadly, the war isn't over yet, right? It's been about a year since I have written to you. Yesterday, the researchers and doctors let me out for a bit. For the past year, I have been stuck in a laboratory. I was like a guinea pig to them. I had wires attached to me. Needles poked at me everyday. A variety of different medication went down my throat all the time. I was bound to a bed.

 

 

       She wrote this letter a year ago and he has just received it. The war has ended and the world is now in order. There's no more chaos and no more hatred for now.

 

      Well, anyways, I went outside into the Exotic City for a bit with Prince Noctis and Lady Stella. Lady Stella curled my hair and applied make up to me. I looked like a doll. It felt very awkward being pretty for once.

 

      Tao smiled at this and chuckled. Eunbi was never one for a girly girl. She was always barefaced and stuck with straight hair. However, in his eyes, she looked beautiful even more so than a goddess.

 

      We went into the market and saw many things. Items here are very high tech. We went to a restaurant and ordered food. I got kimbap and lots of other foods. Well, to be quite honest, I ordered quite a lot compared to the other two. Ah, but sadly I couldn't even taste it. The restaurant is quite high tech as well. They have human like robots as servers. The menu is a hologram disk. This place is very interesting and fascinating.

 

     Tao pondered to himself, human like robots? As Exo went through their journey, they saw quite a few of them. However, they weren't working as servers for restaurants, they were soldiers who were under command and control.

 

     We went shopping as well at a variety of stores and shopping centres. We came home with lots of bags. Lady Stella bought lots of clothes for me. She wouldn't let me pay for it. I don't even think I have the time to wear them all. Prince Noctis was always leaning against the wall every time we went entered a girly store. I will forever be in debt to the both of them.

 

      Noctis reminds me of Kris very much. The both of them have cold stoic facial expressions yet are actually very warm and touching on the inside. Also, a lot of girls kept flinging themselves to Noctis but he ignored them all. Just like Kris! They also took me sight seeing and I saw many things I would never thought to have seen before. We went to a dojo place where people were training to become strong yet elegant fighters.

 

     I had a dream that you have found the Exo orb and it is now where it should belong. I saw that the Tree of Life has recovered and it is filled with radiance. However, I believe this takes place in the future. I'm glad that you men will succeed in your journey. When you're done, take a well rest. You guys deserve it.

 

       Going on this journey took too much of Tao's energy and all he wanted was to go home and stay by Eunbi's side. However, fate.. destiny...,whatever you liked to call it, didn't want that. The Tree of Life was wilting due to the Exo orb being taken away. Before, Tao and Kris left the town to meet up with the rest of Exo, Eunbi had a dream about the orb being taken by bandits who came from the Realm of Radiata. It was a whole different world compared to Exo Planet. They had to travel quite far to get to Rabanastre to get the best airship to get to Radiata. Eunbi's dream normally came true and sometimes, they were like a vision. This time, she was correct about the orb but who knew that it would take Exo three years to complete this mission. No one knew that.

 

      By the time, you finish reading this letter, I'll probably be gone by now. Don't be sad, Tao. Maybe life just wasn't meant for me. The experiments that was meant for me sadly failed. It didn't slow down my death date nor did it do much. However, it is quite understandable. I am the first one who has ever had their own power their life away. Thank you so much for everything. I had a wonderful time writing all these letters to you. It was quite fun and thrilling. I just wish I could have at least seen you once more even if it is just a glimpse of your face. I love you, Tao.

 

Love,

      Kim Eunbi

 

       Tao measly took out a notebook from his knapsack with quite some hesitation. In the notebook, there were dried leaves, photographs of their journey and drawings he drew and most importantly, the responses to all the letters she had sent him. Surprisingly, he had manage to get all 23 letters including this one. Even though, he was in Radiata, he had somehow managed to get her letters there too. He, on the other hand, never sent his letters in fear, she would never get them since she was stuck in a room with a window. However, in this case, that fear unfortunately did come true. Now she will never get them. He grasped onto the twenty third letter and crouched down to the ground. Tears ran down his bare cheeks. His silent cries were so loud and yet no one could hear him. Not a single soul.

 

       Saranghae, Kim Eunbi.

 

Author's Note:

      Hello fellow subscribers! Thank you so much for having reading this story. It was a new style of writing for me but I definitely enjoyed it. This story didn't have too much writing and thus, I was able to finish it a lot quicker than I normally would. I even had so much inspiration that I finished writing this story in just four days. I just took my sweet time uploading it all ahaha. Thank you very much for being my side with this story.