Letter One

23 Letters;23 Wishes

 

May 10, 2010
Dear Huang Zitao,

       Hey, how are you? Ah, I wonder if you'll ever receive this letter. I'm not even sure where it'll end up. It's been quite some time since we have spoken. Perhaps its been half a year? More or less. To be quite honest, I'm quite nervous writing this letter to you. What if a stranger picks it up? Or what if it'll end up in a land of the unknown where no one will ever read this letter? My heart is actually racing just writing this to you.

 

      The weather here has been quite odd. It would sometimes snow, hail or be windy. The winds would be very cold. Has this been the doings of Xiu Min and Se Hun working together? Ah, the power of wind and frost put together. However, there would be days of terrible heat and too much sunshine. I imagine Baekhyun doing this. And yet, it's only May. How have the boys been? I heard all 12 of you have met up and are currently on your way to save the world. I know you'll do quite fine. You've saved me many times from all the dangers around here.

 

      The monsters around the region have become much more stronger than before. They're quite closer to the village these days but there has been people protecting us. They're fighting with their might just like you guys. Are these monsters hurting you? I hope not. Lay is by your side and so, he should be doing a wonderful job healing you guys.

 

      Have you been controlling time properly? Ah, remember the first time you used it? It went out of control the first time you used it. We were so young back then. When you first tried to stop time, some people froze and some people didn't. The people who didn't freeze went into a frenzy and chased after us. However, you unfroze time just in the nick of time. Your facial expression is one I will never forget.

 

      You're probably worried about your parents. Your father has opened up a wushu school to teach young ones how to protect themselves. He's been working hard ever since. He, sometimes, would visit me time to time. As for your mother, I believe she is doing quite fine. I haven't been able to visit her. I'm sorry but I know she is protecting you as she is watching you from above.

 

      I wish I spent more time with you before you left. I hope you and the rest of Exo are doing well.

 

Yours truly,

      Kim Eunbi