start :)

Red Eyes

 

Sungmin POV

 

*YAWN*

 

Wow, it’s morning already. I guess I’m still alive. I’m still breathing but somehow I feel my body so refreshed. I think I had a dream, I don’t know if it’s a good dream or not but I dreamt about Cho Kyuhyun, he’s the popular heartthrob in school, I dunno why but I dreamt about him last night. He was a vampire? Such a crazy dream.

 

“So, awake already?”

 

I heard someone speak, I turned around and looked at the source of that voice.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun?”

 

“How did you get in my room? How did you pass my parents downstairs?”

 

Then he moved towards me.

 

“Maybe these will refreshen your memory.” Then he opened his mouth and I saw those fangs again. So it wasn’t a dream after all?

 

It’s all true about Kyuhyun being my guardian angel vampire.

 

“Hey, stop staring me like that like I am going to eat you, don’t worry I don’t harm humans…especially Humans who are sick and lacks so much blood.”

 

Aiyah, he is right, My illness is Anemia, or the sickness you called that you lack so much red blood cells therefore maybe for Kyuhyun my blood isn’t much satisfying as any other bloods in this world.

 

“Sorry.”

 

Kyuhyun just smirked.

 

 

“So, are you going to start dressing yourself for school or shall I do it for you for you to prepare easily?”

 

“I…I can prepare myself…so just wait for me.”

 

He was just staring at me, waiting.

 

“Hey, I can’t dress for school when you are in here. Leave me in my room alone so that I can start dressing up.”

 

“Why would you want me away? I already saw those before.”

 

He saw my…my… before? How come? I’m blushing with those thoughts now.

 

“How…How… did you see my..-“ before I can finished my sentence he already speak.

 

“I never sleep Sungmin, I always watch you sleep and from before I already see those… I told you I was tasked to look after you so I always does that, It’s just my first time to tell it to you.”

 

“Don’t worry, your body isn’t that bad actually.” He smirked at me.

 

“Yah! Please go away! Go away!” I’ve been shooing him so that he’d go away but he just won’t. God. Why did you give me such a jerk guardian? Is this really the guy I’d spend my life with before I die?

 

“Please Kyuhyun, let me dress up in private?” I pleaded him and he just stared at me.

 

He snapped his finger and then I notice that my clothes changed from my PJ’s to my uniform. I looked at him and he smirked. I guess he was the one who changed my clothes with his magic, is It really alright to call it magic? Well, whatever, at least he helps me a lot.

 

“Ahh, wait I forgot to give you this.” He said then he leaned forward to me and made his lips attached to mine.

 

I was dumbstruck by that but I didn’t pushed him away or made him move backwards. I just remained there while his lips and mine were attached to each other. I can feel that something is moving from his to mine and it’s giving me energy like making me float in the air, like I don’t have any illness or whatsoever, It’s the same as what I felt before when he kissed me from the first time.

 

Once he detached his lips from mine he said “Now, by that you can do whatever you want, you can play volleyball, basketball or whatever sports you want whatsoever, I just gave you some of my strength for you to enjoy yourself without thinking of your sickness.”

 

“really so I can act as if I am not sick or anything?” I asked him in delight and he just smiled at me.

 

“Yeah, That’s why I gave you my strength, crazy human. But still you should drink your medicine when you need to, I just gave you strength so that you can do activities that you like but still you can’t stop the fact that you are sick, Arasso?”

 

Because of too much happiness in me, I unconsciously hugged him. “Thank you so much.” Then I asked him so that we can go to school already. “shall we go now?”

 

And he just smiled at me again. And we went to school together.

 

 

Somehow I felt kinda light when Kyuhyun came to my life, I know I should desert myself from people but when it’s him, somehow I kinda felt my life so happy right now. Maybe because he’s not a human but a vampire, right?

 

“So are you going to join your Sport, Volleyball?” he suddenly asked me.

 

I shook my head.

 

“Nope, but I want to join the martial arts club.”

 

“You wanna be a martial arts?” he asked me.

 

“I thought you are my guardian, so why don’t you know about that?” I sarcastically asked him.

 

“I didn’t say that I am your guardian, I am a vampire not a magician, I don’t know everything about you.”

 

I just giggled about his cuteness, he looks so cute when he’s angry.

 

“Hey, Kyuhyun, is it so hard being a vampire?” I asked him. He just looked at me, we’re still walking towards school.

 

“Hmm, living an endless life? I guess so… Not experiencing pain, not experiencing emotions, being like a lifeless manequine. What do you think?” I can see pain and sadness in his eyes, I guess his life isn’t easy as well.

 

“at least you can live as much as you want to, while I am here struggling how to live my 1 existing year of my life.” I said to him and he just sighed “It’s not that great you know, living an unending life is tiring, I also want to rest too you know.”

 

He’s right, I guess I shouldn’t complain anymore, at least I have the free will to love, to feel pain to experience happiness, sadness, while he… he is suffering from too much agony because of his life as a vampire. I wish I can help him but I have nothing to do.

 

I just touched his cheeks, caressing it, it’s cold like ice.

 

He just stares at me.

 

His eyes are now brown orbs, unlike the red orbs I saw last night.

 

It’s really pretty.

 

KYUHYUN POV

 

I know I am an emotionless vampire, I lived for too long now, and I never felt anything like this. I never even once care about any other feelings but how come that right now when this human girl here touched and caressed my cheeks somehow I felt warm.

 

Like I wanna drown on those touch forever. Like I feel something from it. What am I feeling? Am I even allowed to feel something? What is a feeling anyway? For so long that I lived, emotions are big precautions to me because I even once never felt anything and now, with this girl…. I felt something…

 

I am now just looking at her eyes, those eyes.

 

They are like stars that shine brightly at the dark. I know I never even once dared to look at eyes of a human but hers are something I want to drown about.

 

Aish, What am I even thinking? This is a human girl whose lifeline is about to end within a year, I am just here because bossing up there wants me to take a look at her. I’m not an angel, I’m vampire, a lifeless vampire and since I’ve got nothing more to do with my boring unending life, he asked me to guide this girl until her time is over.

 

Maybe I’ll fit being an angel of death soon, hahahaha… It’s already a usual thing for me to see people die, I mean I already live for years, decades, centuries so I see people born, live and die. It’s already a normal experience.

 

Death… something all humans experience.

 

But not me… I’m already tired with this boring life but I can’t do anything, my parents gave me this curse, a curse to live my life for eternity.

 

“Kyuhyun?” I came back to reality when this human girl keeps on waving her hands in front of me.

 

“What?”

 

“Are you okay?”

 

I just nod my head.

 

“Let’s go to school.”

 

I shall stop thinking about this stuff anymore. I just need to help this human girl and get over with; I mean it’s only a year, what can happen, right? It’s not like I’d fall in love with her. I don’t have any emotions in me so that’s impossible.

 

“Kyuhyun.” She called out to me again.

 

“Alright, stop your nagging, let’s go already.”

 

Then unexpectedly she held my hand. I can feel it’s warmness. I looked at her when she did that. I guess she noticed it.

 

“Sorry, you don’t like it when I hold your hand?”

 

I just stare at her.

 

“Sorry, it’s just that your hands are cold so I just want to hold it to share my warmness with you. You look like your chilling, sorry, I’d better let go.” Then she let go of my hand. Somehow I feel that I want to hold it, it’s like a magnet that wants to be attached to it so much. I kinda like that feeling of her hand to mine, like it’s giving me something I never had before. Her warm hands can warm this cold hands of mine.

 

I held her hand again and she just stared at me.

 

“I never said that I don’t like it…” I said while being embarrassed, she smiled at me after that.

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun, get a grip and what is happening to you? Somehow I feel tingly inside, is this happiness?