Lifeline

Red Eyes

 

“I like you Kyuhyun-Oppa.” She took all her courage just to say those words to the guy in front of her.

 

“Sorry but I don’t take interest in ugly girls.” Then he left leaving the girl dumbstruck and heartbroken.

 

 

This is always an everyday routine for him, A girl would give him letters, face him with confessions then he’d turn them down. That’s his everyday life. Rejecting each and every girl’s confession to him.

 

What can he do, he just don’t care about them. Why won’t they just leave him alone right? So that they won’t get hurt.

 

He is known as the guy who with just a smirk can win a girl’s heart. With his smart brain he is well known for being a genius, with his face, he is known as a prince you would wish to date, With his voice, he is someone you would envy his singing. They don’t know his family but it is rumored he is a one rich guy. In other words, to sum it up, he is someone who’s your perfect dream boy and he just doesn’t care.

 

“Kyuhyun just rejected another girl.”

 

“Poor girl, she should know that Kyuhyun doesn’t like anyone.”

 

“Another victim of Kyuhyun syndrome.”

 

“that girl will just be crying.”

 

Sungmin can hear many rumors spreading about another girl being rejected by the school heartthrob Kyuhyun. It’s not like she’s interested about the rumor, it’s just that it’s always the talk she can hear in her school. Sungmin doesn’t want to get close to anyone in her school, she just let herself be alone. She doesn’t want to be friends with anyone.

 

It’s not that she hates being friends but because of something more deeper, she doesn’t want to hurt people because of her illness.

 

Yes, she has anemia, for some cases anemia are a common illness, but hers is rare, something that makes her life weaker and weaker, something that made her hate her life, why is it she that was being hit with this sickness. She’s only 17. She still can do many things but life is unfair. Her life is already has a line.

 

1 year.

 

She can only live one year.

 

How can she be diagnosed with this? Why is that? Life’s really unfair.

 

Right now, she deserts herself away from the crowd, she doesn’t want everyone to notice her. She wants them t ignore her. She will live her life normally. As if nothing is wrong with her.

 

 

*KRRRIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG*

 

She heard the school bell rang making her ran towards the her classroom, unknown to her someone’s been staring at her. Someone’s been looking after her.

 

‘that’s the girl?’ he thought.

 

‘it’s somehow interesting, her lifeline is only 1 year.

 

--

 

“Sungmin, do you want to join us in volleyball?” Ryeowook asked her.

 

“Sorry, I can’t, I need to go home now, bye.” She without any waving or greeting of goobye said to the latter, she didn’t even wait for her to reply to her goodbye greetings. She just immediately went outside. She really doesn’t want to be friends with anyone.

 

As she ran so that she can go home immediately and have her check up, she felt kinda dizzy. Did she drink her medicine for today? She forgot it at home she needs to drink it before her check up, maybe that’s why she felt dizzy.

 

“I need to drink my medicine already. I may not be able to continue if it’s like this” she said panting while running.

 

Her sickness is slowly eating her up. If she won’t take care of herself, just one wrong move and her life will get shorter and shorter.

 

She ran as quickly as possible, when she saw her house, she smile because she’s near it but then suddenly she didn’t expect when she saw someone in front of her. She stopped.

 

She noticed the man, he is familiar. He is the guy that everyone wants.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun?”

 

The latter just smirked at her when he heard he called his name.

 

“Why are you here?” she said while still panting, her whole system now is being eaten inside her, her whole body is weak, she didn’t drink her medicine.

 

“Lee Sungmin” the guy called out her name. She feels electricity travels within her spine when he said her name but she needs to restrain herself. Not to give in, she needs to drink her medicine immediately.

 

“what do you want from me? If there’s nothing then I’d just excuse my--” she wasn’t able to complete her sentence when everything about her became pitch black.

--

 

SUNGMIN POV

 

 

I feel so weak right now, I am weak right? My whole body I can’t move it….but somehow something is giving me energy, I can feel it, I am gathering up some strength, I can feel my body floating with too much power. What is it.

 

I opened my eyes and was shock when I notice red orbs looking at me.

 

His lips touching attached to mine, he’s exploring my whole cavern, I know I should hate it but it’s giving me power, it’s giving me energy that I don’t want it to stop. I am getting strength from it.

 

Once he broke the kiss, I felt myself gasping for air, Breathless.

 

He leaned backward and I can still see those red orbs, different from before, I know that it’s different from his usual brown orbs.

 

He smirked at me.

 

“Now, are you already okay?”

 

I Don’t know what’s in my body but I completely nod at him.

 

He smiled and I noticed fangs in his teeth.

 

What is he, but then when I looked around, I saw that we are in my room. Yes, I’m in my room, how did he get in here?

 

“H..How did you get in here?” I asked him.

 

Then he leaned forward to me, his flesh touching mine.

 

“Look at your skin and mine, it’s both as white as the snow.”

 

I observed it and he’s right, his skin and mine are both whitish, but I think he is much more whiter than me.

 

“Both of our skin are white but it is because of different reason, one, yours is because of your sickness… and mine is because of my immortality.”

 

“Immortality?” I asked him, what does he mean?

 

“It means that I am not going to die, I won’t die, I never die.”

 

He’s immortal, Cho Kyuhyun is immortal.

 

 

 

“Are you jealous of me?” he continued.

 

I just looked at him. Maybe I am jealous of him, he have the whole eternity to live while I have only a year to live, Life’s so unfair.

 

“I know you have a sickness Lee Sungmin, a sickness that would only last for a year.”

 

“How do you know that?”

 

“because I am a something that you should be scared at, and I am the only one living in this world, I am all alone just like you. Since I am the only one living, God up there wants me to look after you during your 1 year before you could meet him there. It’s just a little request he said to me, He knows that I don’t believe in Gods but still he wants me to look after you.”

 

“Why would you need to look after me? “

 

“You do know that you are going to die soon right? And why would you want to be alone? He wants me to accompany you, so that when you're weak or you'll fall I'd be there to catch you whatsoever...not until you're time is up... it’s like I’m your angel of death.”

 

“are you an angel?”

 

“Wrong missy, I am a vampire, the only vampire living in this planet. All other vampires died before when they had a war, leaving me all alone and that’s my curse, I live all alone for an eternity.”

 

“so we’re both cursed here, Me with my sickness and you with your unending life.”

 

“that’s right Missy. So I guess I’d accompany you, just a little gift before you say bye bye to this world.”

 

So God wants me to experience having friends before I die right? He wants me to enjoy my life before I bid goodbye to this world, that’s why he sent Kyuhyun to me, why would he send a vampire rather than an angel,well I guess Kyuhyun serve as my angel until I die.