Sungmin's Love

Red Eyes

 

“I’m really tired” Sungmin whined once she lay herself on her bed.

 

Kyuhyun who is carrying both her bags, and his bag, standing on the floor just landed it in the corner of the room and looked at Sungmin, frowning “that’s because you were stressing yourself out too much, doing a lot of stuff in the martial arts, as if you’re full of energy”

 

“But I am” Sungmin whined, sitting up on her bed looking at Kyuhyun.

 

“You are, my ” Kyuhyun retorded “Don’t forget that you are different from the other students, you don’t have that energy to do those kind of stuff”

 

“But isn’t that why you gave me your energy?” she frowned a little but still smile because of the overflowing happiness she felt inside of her “and for the first time,I have done something I really enjoy to do, something people told me I cannot do”

 

“Usually, I will just sit in a corner and watch other students play, while I am at a bench, because I am sick, but today, it changed because I have energy and I did what I want,” she then turned to the handsome vampire still standing at the door “and it’s all thanks to you Kyuhyun-ah, Thank you.”

 

Kyuhyun blushed by the sudden image he saw, Sungmin was showing him the sweetest smile, a smile so pure, it’s the first time he saw Sungmin smile like that. For the long time that he was observing this ‘sick’ girl, he have never seen her smile like that, which caught him to smile as well deep inside.

 

“okay, okay” he sighed “I won’t argue with you anymore, do you want to sleep now? You need rest”

 

“where are your parents anyway?”

 

Sungmin hummed “they are looking for some sidelines or anything, they need money” “having a sick child is really expensive, they need to work hard every day just to give me what I need, my medicines, my check-ups, my ‘you-know’ all in all things I need for treatment”

 

Kyuhyun just stare at Sungmin, somehow her smile, is weakening, but still wouldn’t leave her face.

 

 “I guess having a sick child is a big burden to them, I just wish I wasn’t.” she sighed “even to you, you need to look after me just because I am sick.”

 

“Hey” Kyuhyun called out “You are not a burden to them, trust me.”

 

He then went towards Sungmin, holding her cheeks “You aren’t a burden to your parents, you aren’t a burden to anyone, ”

 

He then wiped the tears that are starting to form in Sungmin’s eyes “and most especially, you aren’t a burden to me, okay?”

 

Sungmin nods “okay”

 

“rest now, you need a lot of energy, since you excess too much today” he said, patting the bed space for Sungmin to lay on and the girl didn’t hesitate to oblige.

 

Sungmin lay on her bed while Kyuhyun lay beside her, his head resting in his one arm, lulling Sungmin to sleep.

 

“they are right, you have such a beautiful voice” Sungmin complimented, listening to Kyuhyun’s lullaby “it’s very relaxing”

 

“No more talking, do you want me to stop singing you to sleep or not?” the vampire complained.

 

Sungmin shook her head “continue.” Then looked at Kyuhyun when the latter finally sing again to her.

 

“You won’t leave me right?” she suddenly asked “You won’t leave my side.”, the latter just looked at her.

 

“of course not” he replied smiling “I’d be here, always”

 

“always?,”

 

Kyuhyun hummed.

 

---

 

And so they live their lives like that every day. Sungmin and Kyuhyun pretended to be a couple, during at school, earning a lot of attentions, and making a lot of people jealous especially girls. Kyuhyun would always accompany Sungmin in going home. When Sungmin sleeps a night, Kyuhyun is there, watching her sleep like a baby.

 

They are getting closer and closer towards each other. Kyuhyun treating Sungmin like a little child, he was the one who always reminds Sungmin her check-ups, her medicine, everything. He took care of her all the time because most of the time Sungmin was alone.

 

As much as her parents wants to spend their time with her, they can’t, because of their financial status and also for Sungmin’s health condition. They don’t have that much money to afford each and every therapy Sungmin needs.

 

They all know that time is passing by and it won’t stop for anyone, so Sungmin’s time is nearly approaching, and Kyuhyun thought of something that will help all of them.

 

One night, he was there in the Lee Residence, but not like he normally does.

 

He was standing in front of Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

 

Sungmin was there as well, standing beside Kyuhyun, she knows Kyuhyun was going to talk to her parents. He already asked her if he can show up to her parents and she obliged.

 

“Good Evening, Mr and Mrs Lee.” He greeted them “Let me introduce myself to you, My name is Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

Both of Sungmin’s parents gasped when they heard the name.

 

“I know that you two know me, and my own status preferences,” he calmly said, then took Sungmin’s hands into his “But I haven’t introduce myself properly, I am also your daughter’s boyfriend”

 

It was Sungmin’s turn to gasped, then her face became pale red, but she didn’t pulled away from the hold of Kyuhyun’s hand to hers.

 

“I want to ask for your permission for her to stay in my own place, and to stay with me so that I can look after her and give her what her needs and her wants” Kyuhyun emotionlessly said to Sungmin’s parents, as if he was like a mannequin doll with no emotions “We all know that you can’t give her those needs your daughter thirst for, she needs someone to take care of her, she needs someone to look after her, and I want to do that for her.”

 

“Kyuhyun” Sungmin said focusing her gaze towards her ‘so-called’ lover. “you don’t need to do that.”

 

Kyuhyun just kept his hold to Sungmin’s hands stronger and still focused his attention to the girl’s parents.

 

“Please, I want to take care of her, I have everything in my home, everything that can help Sungmin’s illness, I won’t be able to cure her permanently, but I can help her live longer.” He emphasized on the last word “and I know you, as her parents would understand me, and would want the best for her.”

 

 

Both of Sungmin’s parents were just looking at the two. Not saying anything.

 

But a definite tears falling from their faces, sadness overflowing their emotions.

 

“If you really want to take care of Sungmin.” Sungmin’s dad suddenly broke the silence “can you tell us to why would you go to this measures just to protect our daughter?”

 

“we want to know, why you want to protect her that much, why you would give her a lot just for her to live.”

 

“that’s because” Kyuhyun said, then looked at Sungmin who was clinging to him, staring at his dull charcoal eyes “I love him sir.”

 

“I love her with all my heart” he continued, staring at a shocked Blushing Sungmin.

 

“and I want to express that love for her, until the last breath she has.”

 

Unknowingly, a tear fell from Sungmin when she heard her parents let out a loud shriek of tears, they were crying, crying really hard for her.

 

She can feel that they love her very much. They love her more than they love themselves.

 

She knows that. That’s why she can feel her heart thugging really heart just seeing her parents suffering like that.

 

She doesn’t want her parents to suffer, she doesn’t want them to get hurt, but what can she do? She needs to do what she gotta do so she won’t hurt her parents anymore.

 

“Kyu” she mumbled. “Can you erase my parents memory?” she was focusing her gaze to her parents, tears still falling from her eyes.

 

“What do you mean?” he asked confused.

 

“Make them forget about me, just me. So that they won’t need to think about me anymore, about my sickness, about my everything.”

 

“Sorry, I don’t have something like that” Kyuhyun replied “but I can erase their memories from a specific time.”

 

Sungmin smiled a weak smile “then please do it.”

 

“Erase their memories of the time they had a daughter, just that time, and maybe someday they would get another child again, someone who’s not sick, someone who’s healthy enough to make them happy”

 

“are you sure?” Kyuhyun asked her and she just nods.

 

“Please, do it as soon as possi—“

 

Sungmin’s words were stopped when she heard her mom talking.

 

“Sungminnie, you know that mom loves you a lot right? And she would do everything for you, she would always be here for you, so take good care of yourself, I love you a lot.”

 

Then she turned her attention to Kyuhyun and smiled weakly “Please take good care of my daughter, Please, Thank you for loving her and giving her what we can’t give her. Please.”

 

Sungmin can’t help but feel her heart getting heavier and heavier as time passes by she just moved forward and hugged her parents, she will miss them. She doesn’t want them to suffer anymore so she needs to do it.

 

She loves them too much to hurt them anymore. They were embracing each other very tight together, not letting go as if they are in space with no time continuum or anything.

 

“I love you appa, I love you Umma, Please be happy.”

 

After that, she felt lighted, her parents fell. They were unconscious. That’s were Sungmin noticed that Kyuhyun did what he gotta do, and that is to erase her paren’t memories of her.

 

 

--- sorry for the long update, really really sorry, but here it is. Thank you the love, too much love.

 

@NouVhaWookie - here's your update. Thanks for the love in Twitter. :DDD