Chapter Twenty Two: Destination Korea

Identical Strangers

 

The four returned to the hotel, Youngmin and Ryeowook still crying heavily. The other two got them into bed and told them to rest for a bit. Siwon asked Kwangmin to stay with them while he went and made some calls to prepare for their departure in the morning.

About an hour later Siwon returned to the room and found the other three sleeping, he sat in a chair and tried to relax, soon he fell asleep there.

Early the next morning Siwon woke before the rest, he quietly took a shower before waking the others. Once awake, they took turns showering and getting ready to leave. An hour later they were in the lobby checking out. They took a taxi to the hospital where Siwon, Ryeowook and Youngmin got out; Kwangmin went on to the airport with their bags.

In the hospital they found Dr. Smith. They were told the casket arrived shortly after 6AM and was ready to go. Hearse and town cars were waiting. The casket was carefully loaded into the hearse and the three got into the town car to follow to the airport. They were driven around to a cargo area where they casket would be loaded onto the plane.

Once loaded the three were taken to the terminal where they would pass through security. Kwangmin was waiting for them and hugged Youngmin and Ryeowook when they arrived. They quickly got through security and waited for the boarding call. About twenty minutes later their flight was called and they headed to the ticket checker to board.

The flight was long, and all four kept mostly quiet during the flight. When they arrived they got off the plane and went to the terminal and inquired where the casket would come off. They were directed to an area and headed there. They arrived just as the casket was being put into a car; once again Siwon, Youngmin and Ryeowook got in a separate car and followed as Kwangmin stayed behind to wait for their bags.

As they were driving it occurred to Ryeowook that no one had contacted Yesung’s family. He began to cry again and Youngmin tried to comfort him.

“We need to go see Yesung’s family” Ryeowook said.

“Damn it, how could we forget to call them” Youngmin wondered out loud.

They talked for a few minutes and decided once Yesung was at the funeral home they would go see his parents. About twenty minutes later they were on their way to Yesung’s family home. Siwon took a taxi home and Ryeowook and Youngmin traveled together.

When they arrived they knocked on the door, a moment later an older version of Yesung answered the door, immediately Ryeowook lost it and began to cry again. A look of concern crept over the older man’s face and he invited the two in.

“Unexpected to see you two here together” Yesung’s dad said.

“Is your wife home?” Youngmin asked.

“No, but she will be back soon, what’s wrong boys?” he asked.

Youngmin moved next to Yesung’s dad and took his hand.

“Yesung is gone” Youngmin said.

“What do you mean he’s gone?” he asked.

“He had to go to New York for a business trip. Ryeowook was in London. We thought everything was okay, the doctor said it would be fine, and then last night he was gone, one minute everything was okay, and then he was gone.” Youngmin said.

“WHAT HAPPENED, please tell me what happened” he demanded.

Ryeowook now spoke up.

“I was on the phone with him, he was robbed and then they shot him. I got to New York as quick as I could, we thought everything was okay, and then they told us he was rushed to surgery again and he died. We just returned with him, he’s at the funeral home now” Ryeowook said as the tears returned.

Yesung’s dad moved over next to Ryeowook and hugged him, Youngmin soon joined and the three cried together. They were still sitting there crying when Yesung’s mom returned; she walked in and found the three on the couch. She knew instantly her son was gone and she screamed out as her husband ran to her.

After several minutes Yesung’s dad led his wife from the room. Youngmin and Ryeowook decided they would leave as soon as he returned. About five minutes later he reentered the room.

“Sir, we are going to go now. We’ve already begun the arrangements, but we understand if you prefer something else.” Ryeowook said.

“I’m sure you guys have it under control, we can talk in a little while, right now I need to get back to my wife.” He replied.

Youngmin and Ryeowook left and went to Youngmin’s house.  When they arrived they found Kwangmin and Siwon there, they all sat down to relax, they soon decided to sleep. Siwon decided to go home even though he was offered to stay, he told them he would be back after he got some sleep.

“Ryeowook, we want you to stay here for now,” Kwangmin told him.

“Okay, I will take a shower before I go to sleep” Ryeowook responded.

While he was in the shower, Youngmin and Kwangmin went to get the bed ready.

“Youngmin, I think I should have him sleep in here with us, he can sleep on my side, and I will sleep between you, we shouldn’t leave him alone right now.” Kwangmin said.

“It’s fine if you want to sleep in the guest room with him, I’ll be fine” Youngmin said.

“No, I don’t want you alone either.” Kwangmin said.

“Okay” Youngmin replied.

About ten minutes later Kwangmin left the room and saw Ryeowook heading to the guest room and followed him, once inside he sat down with him.

“I want you to come in and sleep in there with us, I don’t want you being alone right now” Kwangmin said.

Ryeowook couldn’t do anything more than grab hold of his former boyfriend and hold him tight as he began to cry again. They remained that way for nearly fifteen minutes when Youngmin came in and sat on the other side of Ryeowook.

“He loved you soo much Ryeowook.” Youngmin told him.

“I miss him soo bad” Ryeowook cried.

After a few more minutes the three returned to the master bedroom and climbed into bed, within minutes the three were nothing more than one giant entwined mess as they all fell asleep.

 

“NOOOOOOOOO, PLEASE COME BACK TO ME” Ryeowook yelled out.

Kwangmin jumped up hearing Ryeowook screaming and turned the light on and woke him up.

“What’s wrong Ryeowook” Kwangmin said as he shook him.

Ryeowook jumped up, tears filling his eyes.

“I just can’t believe he’s gone” Ryeowook said between tears as he wiped them from his eyes.

Ryeowook began looking around the room, looking into Kwangmin’s confused face.

“How did we get here?” Ryeowook asked.

“What do you mean?” Kwangmin asked confused.

“We were at your place when we went to sleep” Ryeowook said as he looked to the other side of the bed.  “And where is Youngmin?” Ryeowook asked.

“This is our place and who is Youngmin?” Kwangmin asked.

“Your bo….” he stopped suddenly and continued to look around.

Ryeowook jumped from the bed and ran to the sitting room and looked for a newspaper, he looked at it and fell to the couch. He just sat there staring at it.

“Was it all a dream?” he asked himself out loud.

“Was what a dream?” Kwangmin asked from the other side of the room.

“Nothing, I’m sorry, I must have had a bad dream.” Ryeowook said.

Ryeowook looked across the room at Kwangmin who smiled back, Ryeowook let a small smile come over his face and he continued sitting there.

“Are we still boyfriends?” Ryeowook asked.

“What kind of question is that, of course we are,” Kwangmin replied.

“Okay, why don’t you go back to bed, I am going to stay up for a little bit” Ryeowook said.

“Are you sure?” Kwangmin asked.

Ryeowook nodded to him and watched as Kwangmin returned to their room. He continued to sit there on the couch wondering how he could have a dream that felt so real, a dream that the details of remain so etched in his head.

After an hour Ryeowook decided to make something for breakfast as Kwangmin would be getting up soon. He decided to take the day off to let his head clear. After breakfast he would ask Kwangmin to go shopping with him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

NOTE: This waking up from a dream was originally to be my ending, but I felt it would leave the readers feeling deceived so I altered it. But the story isn't over, there's I think two chapters left, perhaps three.