Identical Strangers: Chapter One

Identical Strangers

 

There in the middle of the park stood two identical looking boys kissing passionately. Several feet away stood two others looking on in disbelief. Why were their boyfriends, who looked so similar now, kissing each other?

Just five minutes ago neither of the two kissing boys had ever seen each other; their meeting was one of chance.

It all started about a week ago when Yesung was walking around and saw his boyfriend looking at a puppy in a pet store window. He snuck up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist. As Kwangmin turned around Yesung began to kiss him.

“What the do you think you’re doing” screamed Kwangmin as he pushed the older boy away.

“What’s wrong Youngie” Yesung asked his boyfriend.

“Who the is Youngie” the boy demanded.

“You are baby” Yesung said looking confused.

“Man, are you drunk or something, I don’t know who the you are and my name isn’t Youngie” the boy added.

“Why are you playing jokes with me” Yesung asked.

“I’m not joking with you, my name is Kwangmin, not Youngie” he said.

Yesung looked confused. He stared at the boy wondering what was going on. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and opened a picture of them and showed it to him.

“That’s us” he said.

“What the , how did you get me in a picture with you” the boy demanded.

“We took this picture last week after we had dinner” Yesung said.

“I’ve never had dinner with you and I have never taken a picture with you” the boy screamed.

Yesung began to cry, he was confused to why his boyfriend would be doing this to him, he fell to the ground as he cried harder and harder.

“Are you okay” the boy asked as he slouched down next to Yesung.

Yesung was unable to respond, he just looked deep into the boys eyes and it finally hit him. This isn’t his boyfriend. He slowly recovered from his crying still looking at the boy; finally he was able to talk.

“Who the hell are you” he demanded to know.

“My name is Kwangmin, I told you” the boy said.

“I’m so sorry, you look just like my boyfriend, and it wasn’t until I looked into your eyes that I knew you weren’t him. Yesung said.

“How can I look just like your boyfriend” he asked.

“I don’t know, but you saw the picture” Yesung said.

The boy nodded unsure what to say. The two exchanged phone numbers and with Kwangmin’s permission, Yesung took a picture of him. Yesung promised to call him after he talked to his boyfriend.

The two went in opposite directions, both in a hurry to get to their boyfriends.

 

Kwangmin arrived at his boyfriend’s house and pounded on the door. Ryeowook answered and greeted his boyfriend with a hug. It took a moment before he noticed the look of concern on his face.

“What’s wrong Kwangie” Ryeowook asked.

“Some guy kissed me. He thought I was his boyfriend, he looks just like me” Kwangmin replied.

“Who kissed you” Ryeowook said in an angry tone.

“Don’t worry, it was a mistake. His boyfriend looks just like me, he showed me a picture” Kwangmin replied.

Ryeowook took him inside and had him recount the entire event. After they discussed it he offered him some food, they sat down to eat.

 

Yesung got home and went inside. He sat down on his couch still confused. He wondered if Youngmin was here so he called out for him. He heard no response. He decided to take a look around before he tried calling him. He found him relaxing in the bathtub, so he quickly stripped and climbed in with him.

Youngmin was relaxing with his eyes closed listening to his iPod so he hadn’t heard Yesung come in, but as he climbed in the tub he became aware and opened his eyes and smiled.

“Hi Yesung” Youngmin said as he took the headphones off.

“Hi my love how was your day” Yesung asked.

“I just woke up about twenty minutes ago” Youngmin said looking ashamed.

“My little lazy Youngie” Yesung laughed.

“Well if you didn’t keep me up all night having ” Youngmin said with a smirk on his face.

“Sweetie, something weird happened today” Yesung said.

“What’s that” he asked.

“I ran into someone by the pet store. He looked just like you, I accidently kissed him thinking it was you and then he freaked out” Yesung said.

Youngmin looked hurt. How could his boyfriend kiss someone thinking it was him, how could he not recognize someone who wasn’t him.

Yesung saw the look of hurt on his boyfriend’s face, so he reached out of the tub and grabbed his phone from his pocket and showed Youngmin the picture he took.

“Oh my god, that looks just like me” Youngmin said.

“I know, I was convinced it was you being mean to me until I fell to the ground crying and when he leaned down to see if I was okay I looked into his eyes and knew it wasn’t you” Yesung said.

“Oh baby, that’s so sweet” Youngmin said as he leaned towards Yesung and kissed him.

“I got his phone number and told him I would call after I talked to you” Yesung said.

“Why would you call him” Youngmin asked.

“Because, you two look so identical, maybe you’re related” Yesung said.

“Do you think we might be related” Youngmin asked.

“Maybe” Yesung said simply.

 

 

The two still stood there watching their boyfriends kiss. Neither was sure what to do. Finally they walked over to their boyfriends and grabbed them apart. The two identical strangers remembered where they were and began to apologize to their boyfriends, unsure why they were kissing.

Ryeowook stood next to his boyfriend and for the first time got a good look at the other boy. He looked back to his boyfriend and was stunned at the resemblance, he could not tell the difference between them.

“I’m sorry” Kwangmin said to Ryeowook.

Ryeowook grabbed Kwangmin and hugged him tight.

The four sat down on a bench and began talking. The two boys continued to apologize to their boyfriends about what happened.

“What led you to kiss each other” Yesung asked.

“I was just drawn to him” Youngmin said.

The four sat and talked for about an hour. Afterwards they exchanged phone numbers and promised to be in touch. The two look-a-likes agreed they needed to see if they were somehow related, they would both talk to their families about it.

They exchanged goodbyes and off they went. Youngmin and Kwangmin knew instantly that they wanted to get to know each other. Ryeowook and Yesung were concerned.

 

“My boyfriend is going away this weekend, do you want to come over Friday evening” Youngmin asked in a text message to Kwangmin.

“Sure, what time do you want us to come” Kwangmin replied five minutes later.

“Can you come alone; I think we should get to know each other” Youngmin texted back.

“Sure, what time” Kwangmin replied.

“How’s 7:30” Youngmin asked.

“Great, see you then” Kwangmin finished.

 

 

 

This is my newest story, I hope you like it. I will have a banner and background hopefully when I upload chapter two in a couple days.