Recording The Song

The Girl Stuck In His Memories

Sorry guys I couldn't do the double update >_< I literally passed out on my laptop, like squares on my cheek. T_T So sorry!! Hope this one will make up for it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd POV

              "I'm so sorry for being late!" Kris says as he enters the room. Ji Yeon, her manager, and Lee Soo Man are waiting in the room. Ji Yeon and Kris exchange an uneasy look with each other before he sits in the seat next to Soo Man .

              "Have you gone over the lyrics, Kris?" Ji Yeon's manager, Hyun Soo asks.

              "Yes, I have. I think I'll be able to record today," Kris responds.

              "Oh! That's great then. I'm apologize, but I have a meeting so I will be leaving you now," Soo Man says, standing up and heading towards the door. He stops in the doorway and says, "Oh, Kris, you will be riding with Ji Yeon and her manager to the photo shoot and music video shoot, since your manager is busy preparing the other members for EXO's 2nd album."

              With that, Soo Man leaves causing the room to go into an awkward silence. Kris and Ji Yeon are both glaring at each other from across the table. Hyun Soo glances back and forth between the glaring idols. He knows something's up and is about to asks, but decides against it, not wanting to be in the middle of their complicated pasts.

               "So, uh, should we…. you know… start?" the young manager awkwardly asks. Thankfully, that causes the two to break glares and turn towards him.

               "Sure, oppa. We better start now, we've a got a busy day ahead," Ji Yeon says, returning to her normal self. Ji Yeon stands up and heads into the recording room. Hyun Soo hands Kris a pair of headphones, as the two men sit in front of panel with never ending rows of buttons.

               "Ji Yeon-ah, give me the first two lines for a sounds check, please," he asks, interrupting Ji Yeon from her vocal warm ups.

               "Up down, spinnin' all around, fly high, fallin' to the ground," Ji Yeon quickly sings into the mic, before looking to see him give her the thumbs up to start.

               Ji Yeon stands in front of the mic waiting for the music to start playing. As the slow beat starts the song, Ji Yeon readies herself. Kris watches intensely, waiting to see what kind of vocals this girl really has. He is taken back when Ji Yeon starts singing. Her voice is sweet and fluid like honey. Even if the song was on the faster side and didn't do her voice as much justice as a ballad would, her vocals showcased in this song are incredible. She hits the higher notes in the song with ease.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback: Dialogue in English~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

               Kevin walked down the dark hallway of the dance studio. He had come early hoping to beat his girlfriend, Ashley, to their dance practice before she had school. But, to his dismay he found light streaming out of the cracked open door and a beautiful voice filling his ears. As he reached the room, Kevin pushed the door open to find Ashley, with a hair brush as a mic, singing her heart out to Adele's Rolling in the Deep. She was facing the back wall, which had no mirrors, so she didn't notice him lean against the doorway and watch her with fascination. 

               Her voice filled the room with a powerful and strong sound. Kevin walked over to the girl and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. Ashley jumped in shock, the angelic voice stopped, and she quickly looked over her shoulder to see who had captured her.

              "Oh, Kevin, you scared me," Ashley said, as she leaned back against his chest.

              "Mmmm, sorry. Why'd you stop singing?" he asked, while he placed his head on her shoulder.

              "When did you come?" she asked, ignoring his question.

              "Not long ago. Why are you singing to the wall?"

              "Because the sound will bounce back to me allowing me to hear myself better. Why are you so interested?"

              "Because you're interesting," he replied, kissing her cheek, "Now hurry up and start singing again."

              "No, we have practice for dance"

              "What time do you start school?"

              "8:30."

              "It's only 6:30, we have time for ONE song."

              "…..ok…"

              "Can I pick a song?"

              "No!"

              "Why not!?"

              "No! AHHH~' Ashley yelled, she then started running away from Kevin, who had started tickling her. Eventually, the two had ended up tackling each other to the ground, his arms wrapped around her.

~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

               'Huh, I guess she's always had an amazing voice…… I almost forgot about that morning….' Kris thinks.

               As the song goes on, Ji Yeon becomes confident and a smile slowly forms on her face. Watching the girl rock out in the recording room, Kris, to his surprise, also finds himself smiling and humming along. By the end of the song, Ji Yeon has a bright, wide smile on her face and she is happy that she was able to sing the song in one go.

               "You're turn, Kevin," Ji Yeon says as she skips out of the room and trades places with Kris.

               "I told you to call me Kris," he says while he walks into the recording room.

               "I know," she replies with a big innocent smile on her face. Kris frowns at her, then looks down to go over the lyrics one more time. When he's sure he has the lyrics down, Kris gives a slight nod to the two outside. The same music that they had played for Ji Yeon started to ring in his ears from his headphones. 

               From outside Ji Yeon patiently watches as Kris stands there waiting for his rapping part to come. In the beginning where Ji Yeon just put vocal noises, Kris agreed with her manager to do a little introduction that went a little like this, "Ayo wassup. This is SM. Kris and Ji Yeon pushin' ya through! It's time. For your breakthrough!" Kris was able to aline his "breakthrough" with the "breakthrough" she had recorded before.

               Throughout the song Kris would make little background comments like "uh huh" or "put your hands up" and things like that, but once the time came for him to rap, in Ji Yeon's eyes, he transformed.

               In the studio, Kris raps and the lyrics flow quickly and smoothly out of his mouth. He transforms from Kris, the one who used to be known as Kevin, the one that loved her, then broke her heart. To Kris, leader of EXO-M, speaker of 4 languages, rapper, and most of all, idol. Ji Yeon watches with her eyes wide in amazement from the new side of him she's never seen before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

do you guys forgive me now? >_<

Don't forget to COMMENT <3 Love you guys!

Love, exotic92