Ready or Not

The Girl Stuck In His Memories

 

I am soooo sorry I didn't do the double update. Something really personal happened after school that day and I just couldn't write until yesterday >o< I AM SOOO SORRY *bows*  please forgive me!!!!

I hope this kinda long update and the special flashback memory I added in makes up for it T_T

I AM SOOOO SORRRRYYYY!!!! T-T

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ji Yeon POV

           "They're leaving? All 12 of them?!" I suddenly speak up scarring some of my elders.

            "Why? Gonna miss them, maknae?" Onew-oppa teases me with my kinda-sorta nickname (because I'm the youngest in the room and of the "leaders"). As I glare at Onew for calling me maknae I can see Suho smiling happily at me in my peripheral, probably glad that I'll bother to miss those troublesome twelve.

            "Gonna miss the company, maknae?" Leeteuk plays along, but something about the glint in his eyes when he said the word company makes me wonder if he knows something. At Leeteuk's comment, I can see the side of Kris's lips turn up into a smirk.

            "No, I was just wondering," I quickly deny and place my forehead on the desk. I can hear Lee-Sajang chuckle before returning to the schedules.

            "Friday, EXOK will return to pack. The rest of you also have that day off to pack. EXOM has a variety show, so they will be going straight from China to LAX. Kris, make sure your members pack their things for California before going to China and notify the staff which bags to check in and be sent to California," Lee-Sajang says and Kris nods in understanding.

            "We all will be leaving Friday night. Managers, we will be passing out the boarding passes in Friday afternoon's meeting. Super Junior and BoA will be on the first flight at 8:30. SNSD and TVXQ will be on the second flight at 9:00. SHINee and f(x) will be on the third flight at 9:30. And finally, EXOK and Ji Yeon will be on the last flight at 10:00. You all should be arriving between 9:30am Saturday morning and 11:30am Saturday morning. Because we could only rent 4 buses for the idols, EXOK and Ji Yeon will wait at the airport for EXOM to arrive. They should arrive shortly after you do.  Once you all arrive at the hotel we're going to have a meeting with everybody. And that's it! The trip schedule will be covered at that meeting. Any questions?"

            When everyone shook their heads already starting to pack up, Lee-Sajang and Ms. Kim dismiss the meeting and head back to their offices. I see Leeteuk-oppa and his managers walking out of the door, so I run to catch up with them, "Oppa! What did you mean when you said 'gonna miss the company'?"

            Leeteuk laughs, ruffles my hair while saying to watch Tao's big mouth before entering the elevator that had arrived on the floor. I stare at him with confusion until the doors close, but he just answers me with a smile.

            "Ji Yeon-ah!" I turn to see Suho waiting with Kris and our managers already in another elevator. When I enter the "men" all start talking about the latest American basketball game, so I just stand there quietly not knowing what to say.

            "OPPA~!!!!!!!!! UNNI~!!!!!!!" The screams are already filling the lobby when the doors to the elevator open. I could see that Taeyeon, Onew, and Leeteuk are already attempting to get through the crowd to get to the vans.

            Suho and EXO's manager follow our sunbaes outside when the van pulled up to the curb. Hyun Soo-oppa leads Kris and I down the hall on the right to the east elevators that took us to the practice rooms side of the building. Oppa waves and I send a fake smile to Kris as we drop him off on the 3rd floor, where I can hear Two Moons blasting from one of the dance rooms down the hall. Hyun Soo then bids me a goodbye on the 5th floor, turning me over to the evil Park Songsangnim.

            "Have fun!" he yells as the doors to the elevator closes. I quickly stick my tongue out at him before the he disappears.

            "Moon Ji Yeon!" a strict female voice comes roaring down the hall.

            "Ah! Annyeonhaseyo, Songsangnim~!" I yell back down the hall with the most cheerful voice I could fake, while quickly typing an angry text to Hyun Soo for leaving me behind.

            "Moon Ji Yeon!" her voice echoes down the hallway again.

            "Ne~! Coming!" I shove my phone back into my pocket and run down the hall. "What are we doing today?"

            "Ms. Kim finally sent me your new song. She said your comeback will be around mid-August," Mrs. Park says sorting through some papers on her desk before handing one of them to me.

            "Ready or Not" I read the title before moving down to the lyrics and rhythm. "I like it~!" I say excitedly. I smile big and do a little jump and twirl, even more excited to find out the new choreography.

            "Good. First, we'll do 45 minutes of vocal exercises," she says handing me the music sheet.

            "What?! 45 minutes?!" I ask looking back up at her with shock. My voice would be dead by the end. I won't even have a voice to try out the new song.

            "Oh hush, child. It's all simple exercises and this is the last time I'll be seeing you individually before the concert," she explains before lightly whacking me in the head with her book.

            After a grueling hour of straight singing, I'm finally done with the torture. Sure the last 15 minutes I finally got to see my new piece, but 45 minutes of exercises T_T

            "Good job, Ji Yeon. What do you think of the song?" Mrs. Park asks as she marks up the lyrics page with little notes that I have to keep in mind while I am learning the song.

            "I like it. The lyrics are very meaningful to me," I say with a slight smile.

            "What do you mean?" she asks not looking up from the paper.

            "The meaning behind the lyrics," I start and she nods. "The song is about being shy, but when you finally see someone that interests you, you're willing to come out of your shell."

            "You've experienced that before?" she asks still writing.

            "Mhm…."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback: Dialogue in English~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Kevin and Ashley were sitting on the swing set in the park by the dance studio, silently swinging back and forth enjoying the autumn air. Kevin pumped with his feet to make the swing go higher. Some of the little girls playing on jungle gym a few feet away giggled and pointed at the good looking high school senior. He leaned back into the swing making his body parallel to the ground below. The wind blew in his face and he released a long, loose, relaxing sigh.

            Ashley, on the other hand, was a ball of nerves. No matter how many times she tried to take a deep breath to calm herself down it would hitch and get caught in ending in a dry heave.

            "Hey, Ash, you ok?" Kevin asks not even opening his eyes as he swung back and forth, higher and higher. But, when he was greeted with silence he opened his eyes and looked at the girl next to him. Her legs barely left the ground as she slowly pushed the swing. Her eyes stared out into the space in front of them. He could tell she was deep in her own world. "Ash!" he tried again this time louder.

            "Huh? Oh, sorry. What's up?" Ashley finally returned to the world she shared with him.

            "You ok?" he repeats his previous question.

            "Yeah! Perfectly fine. Don't worry about me," she said sending him an assuring smile that he didn't buy.

           "You sure? You've been acting weird all day," Kevin stared to slow down his swing and he decreased in altitude.

           "Yeah, don't worry about it," she said looking back into space.

           "Ash, you know you can always ta-"

           "Ilikeyou," the girl says quickly hoping that he both did and didn't hear what she just said. The answer of if he had or not was answered as he accidentally leaned too far back in the swing and fell onto his back on the ground as the empty swing graced back and forth above him. "Oh my god! Are you ok?" Ashley yelled in shock and jumped off her own swing to dash to his side.

           "What did you just say?" Kevin asked which caused Ashley's eyes to go wide.

           "Um, nothing," she said and quickly stood up. Kevin immediately sat up, ignoring the pain in his back, and grabbed her wrist pulling her back down.

           "What….did….you…just…say?" he said emphasizing each word and looked her straight in the eyes. Ashley took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of her nose.

           "I like you," she said, barely a whisper and not able to look him in the eyes. Kevin's eyes widened looking at the girl in front of him. He had heard her correctly. "Look, I guess, going off of your reaction, I know that you don't have the same kind of feelings for me. And I realized that I probably just ruined our friendship forever. I understand if you feel uncomfortable aro-" her nervous ramble came to a staggering halt as the boy place a quick and short kiss on her cheek.

           "What…W-what did you just do?" Ashley asked Kevin her eyes as wide as they could go. To answer her question he leaned in again, but she pulled her face away.

"Are you teasing me right now?" she asked. Kevin rolled his eyes before he stood up with a grunt.

           "Doesn't you back hurt?" Ashley asked as he grabbed her hands and pulled her to her feet as well.

           "Not anymore. Our relationship has to be the most fobiest one ever," he laughed while the walked out of the park hand in hand. "What's your Korean name anyways?"

           "Ji Yeon. My full name is Ashley Ji Yeon Moon," she said. Kevin nodded and opened the car door for her.

           "Ji Yeon? That's pretty," Kevin nudged her with his arm.

           "I guess..."

           "Ji Yeon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            "Ji Yeon."

            "Noona"

            "Ji Yeon!"

            "Noona!!!!" two voices bring me back to the current world. I look over to the chair that Mrs. Park was sitting in to find Kris there instead. I give him a look before turning to my side. A giant Kungfu Panda's face is staring back at mine, a mere centimeters away. I look away, but do a double take before taking a step to the side.

            "New song, noona?" Tao asks taking the paper from my hand. I just nod before reaching in the mini-fridge for a bottle of water.

            "What are you two doing here?" I ask between sips.

            "Ah! That's right! Noona, did you tell on us to Lee-Sajang?" Tao pouts with puppy dog eyes, but to me it was just weird because he had a good six inches on me.

            "No don't worry. As long as nothing happens we'll be good," I assure Tao.

            "Awww we love you too," Kai suddenly shows up leaning against the door frame. Kris rolls his eyes as Tao laughs along.

            "What are you guys doing here?" I ask again.

            "We just finished practice and apparently Hyun Soo asked Sunghwan if you could catch a ride back with us," Kai explains.

            "Are you guys gonna pack tonight or tomorrow morning?" I ask the boys as we all fit into the elevator down.

            "Probably both, but since it's only a one day trip for EXOK, we'll probably pack tonight and sleep tomorrow. Then pack for the states when we come back" Kai says looking up from his phone.

            "How about M?" I ask Tao and Kris, but of course only Tao responds.

            "Probably both too, but we'll pack for the states tonight, so we can make sure we have everything. Then pack for China tomorrow morning, since we only have to pack for two nights," he says as we reach the bottom and get into the van where the rest of the dance and rap lines were waiting.

            "Kyungsoo-hyung!!!!!! We're home and hungry!!" Sehun yells as soon as we enter the EXO dorm. I follow them knowing that they won't mind me joining them and it's Kyungsoo's cooking or the instant ramen in my kitchen. The rest of the night the 13 of us eat and enjoy each other's company. I help the boys pack too, feeling like an umma with 12 sons.

            The next morning the sun streaming through my window blinds wakes me up. I check my phone for the time, only to realize that it's my first day off since I debuted and I certainly will use it wisely. It was already 11:30am. I also had a text from Hyun Soo saying that he would take me shopping, so he'll be here around 12:30.

            "Suho-oppa~!!! What's for breakfast?" I yell as I run across my dorm to the boys'. I reach the downstairs only to be greeted by an empty living room and kitchen. Clothes and other items were still strewn across the floor like they were the night before. I open Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room, but also find that empty.

            "Where are they….Did they leave already?" I wonder to myself. I walk into the kitchen only to find a note on the refrigerator.

tumblr_mp9474uU6L1syscy6o1_500.png

            "These boys.." I laugh before opening the fridge, grabbing the food, and settling down at the counter. Staring off at the empty and silent dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

........ Did it make up for it? I really hope so, guys. I'm really sorry. The thing just caught me off gaurd and WOOSH I just couldn't write for this whole past week. T_T

Guys please please please COMMENT. I'm getting really really sad..... No one's commented since like January. PLEASE COMMENT GUYS!!!

Also! Follow me on Instagram~!! Comment on one of my pics the code below (so i know you're an AFF buddy), give me a shoutout, and I'll give ya a shoutout back~!!! A little AFF S4S if you will :P @lexay808

Secret AFF Code: Ace is the Best(<- Highlight) 

<3 exotic92