Ahn Jaehyo

The Girl Stuck In His Memories

Jaehyo POV

 

            "Hyung, I'm here at the building. I'll call you back later," I say to my manager through the Bluetooth as I pull into the parking lot of the SM Dorm building.

            "Who are you here to see?" the guard at the front of the entrance asks me as I pull in front of him and roll down my window.

            "Moon Ji Yeon," I reply happily.

            "Name?" he continues writing everything I say down.

            "Ahn Jaehyo."

            "Are you in an idol group?"

            "Ne. Block B."

            "I'd put on a mask, boy. It is the dorms, but there are fans crawling around here. We catch about 4 a day trying to sneak in."

            "Yes, sir."

            "Lemme just write down your license plate number and then you're free to go."

            "Thank you," I say after the man walked in front of my car to do the rest of his job, before moving aside and raising the gate. After pulling into an empty "visitors" stall, I reach into the backseat and bring out the bouquet of white lilies.

            In the lobby, there's a list of all the floors and which group were on them. I quickly scan the list and find Ji Yeon on the 6th floor. I look down at the flowers while in the elevator. White lilies, they're Ji Yeon's favorite. Or, at least they used to be.

~~~~~~Flashback: Dialogue in Korean (This is when she lived in Korea)~~~~~~

            "Oppa!" a 12-year old Ji Yeon came running down the hallway towards 14-year old Jaehyo.

            "Oh! Ji Yeon-ah! How was your first day of middle school?" Jaehyo asked closing his locker.

            "Omo! Oppa, this school is so much bigger than the lower school. I got a lot of the good teachers too," Ji Yeon said happily as the two walked towards the front gate of the school.

            "Did you get Lee Seongsaengnim for math?" Jaehyo grabbed Ji Yeon's backpack and slung it over his free shoulder like he always did when the two walked home.

            "Mhm~ How about you, Oppa? You ready for your last year in middle school?" Ji Yeon skipped ahead before she turned around to walk backwards.

            "Hahaha, first day of the 9th grade and I already have a ton of homework," Jaehyo said, and then grabbed Ji Yeon, turned her around, and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Then sighed, "You wanna go get pizza to cheer me up?"

            "Yes!" Ji Yeon cheered.

            "You pay?" Jaehyo suggested raising an eyebrow.

            "No…" Ji Yeon pouted.

            "Fine… I'll pay because my Yeonnie is finally a middle schooler," Jaehyo winked before the two rush over to the local pizza joint.

            "Wah~! Oppa look!" Ji Yeon ran ahead to look at the small flowerbed in front of the restaurant with a smile on her face.

            "Flowers? There's a billion of them around here," Jaehyo caught up with her and looked down at flowers, while holding open the door for her.

            "Not just ANY type of flower, Oppa. They're white lilies!" she explained as they find an empty table and sit down across from each other.

            "And?" he said before he stood up to order.

            "Aaannnddd~ they were the flowers that appa would bring home for me everyday after work because there was a field of wild white lilies by his workplace," Ji Yeon explained.

            "Oh… I'm sorry, Yeon. I didn't know they were that important to you," Jaehyo's eyebrow knit together in sorrow when he sat back down at the table.

            "Don't worry about it," she smiled back at him and watched the guy in the back spin the pizza dough above his head. Jaehyo studied her face as she journeyed by to her memories.

            "You know, he'd only bring a single flower home everyday. By Sunday, all the flowers would be dead. So we'd burn them in the backyard and watch the ashes fly away. Then the next day, Monday, there'd be a new lily in the vase," Jaehyo started to smile with her as she described her memories to him.

            "1 Medium Pizza! Half Pepperoni, Half Mushroom!" the guy from behind the counter yelled, holding the steaming hot pizza on a metal pizza pan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            The bing of the elevator brings me back to the present and I realize that I'm already on Ji Yeon's floor. I step out of the elevator and look around. There's a small waiting chair in the corner and 2 doors. The nameplate next to the door on the right reads, "Managers". So, I knock on the left one  There's no answer… Huh, I told Ji Yeon that I would come pick her up at 11. Where could she be?

            I twist the doorknob a bit, testing it. The door opens slightly with a click. Pfft, this girl. She lives alone and leaves the door unlocked. Well, I guess this building is pretty secure, but still. I enter slowly.

            "Ji Yeon-ah? Yeon?" I ask cautiously to what seemed like an empty dorm.

            I call her name again as I search the dorm. She's not in the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, or the balcony. I walk back down the hallway to check the door on the left.

            "Jeez, she would have a dance studio in her room," I chuckle to myself as I open the door, revealing a empty room with wooden floors, exercise equipment in the back left corner, and the right wall covered with mirrors.

            I walk back into the living room and sit on the couch. I take my phone out to call her, but stop when I hear her laughter coming from my right. There's a doorway, leading to what looked like another living room.

            "Definitely better than our dorms…. What the heck happened here?" I stare at the broken door on the floor and the empty doorway. I walk into the second living room. There are a few empty instant ramen cups on the coffee table and jackets draped over the couch.

            "Definitely messier than ours though. Huh, I don't remember Yeon being such a slob," my thoughts are interrupted when I hear Ji Yeon's laugh again. But, this time followed by other laughs, MALE laughs, to be exact.

            I follow the sounds of laughter and voices down a hallway and to a stairway. I walk halfway down only to be greeted by the sight of Ji Yeon and 6 of the EXO guys. Ji Yeon is chatting away about all of Kris's past mistakes in dance, while Kris was eating away on his ice cream with a frown on his face.

            "So he was supposed to catch me, then flip me over his shoulder, but he DROPS me! And get this! After he drops, he doe- Oppa?" Ji Yeon stops mid-sentence when she notices me on the stairs. The 6 guys' heads whip around, looking in my direction. Maybe I am just imagining it, but I think Kris's frown grew even deeper when we make eye contact.

            "Oh! Sorry to interrupt, but I kind of made the reservations for 11:30. Sorry," I apologized.

            "Oh! I almost forgot! Haha, these pabo heads broke down the door from their dorm to mine," Ji Yeon says finishing up her ice cream and walking in my direction.

            "It was Tao's fault! He kicked down the door," I think his name is Sehun, says pointing his ice cream at the taller boy next to him.

            "It was Sehun's idea!" Tao says pointing his ice cream back at Sehun.

            "Fine, then you're both to blame," Ji Yeon scolds looking back at them.

            "HYUNGS TRIED TO BREAK THE LOCK TOO!" the two boys yell at the same time, while the other boys shrug innocently.

            "Aigoo," Ji Yeon sighs, looks back at me, then to the flowers in my hand. "Are these for me?"

            "Mhm~ They're your favorite, right?" I hand them to her and she smiles at them.

            "Glad you remembered," she smiles even bigger then hooks her arm around mine, leading us back upstairs towards her dorm.

            "Have fun!" Chanyeol, I think, yells and the others wave. Well, others except for Kris, who just carefully watches us walk up the stairs.

            "Nice meeting you!" I yell back.

            Ji Yeon and I enter back into her dorm. I wait by the door as she quickly collects all her stuff. "Shouldn't we put the door back? Or at least put it in the doorway again?" I suggest before we leave.

            "Nah, they won't do anything. I mean it's not like them or me walk around . Oh wait…" she says pausing. I glare at her. She laughs, while playfully smacking my arm, "Kidding. Jeez, take a chill pill." We then head out for our reunion lunch.

 

Kris POV  

            AISH! Can't she shut up! I know I messed up a lot! Jeez….. Ji Yeon is still going on and on about all the times I messed up back in the studio. " So he was supposed to catch me, then flip me over his shoulder, but he DROPS me! And get this! After he drops, he doe- Oppa?" Ji Yeon suddenly stops.

            The rest of the boys and I turn our heads to see who she's talking to. Him… Ahn Jaehyo of Block B. Why is he here!? He looks around at the guys. When he finally turns to me, a smirk automatically appears on his face and I frown even more.

            "Oh! Sorry to interrupt, but I kind of made the reservations for 11:30. Sorry," he says. They have a date? Next to Kai, Ji Yeon quickly snaps to it and finishes off her ice cream in a few bites, apologizing for momentarily forgetting.

            "….These pabo heads broke down my door…," Ji Yeon explains. Sehun and Tao start fighting about whose fault it was. Then, they blame us causing the rest of us to shrug or roll our eyes.

            "Are these for me?" Ji Yeon asks Jaehyo, catching my attention again.

            "Mhm~ They're your favorite, right?" he replies handing something to her. I look over Chanyeol's shoulder to see Ji Yeon holding a bouquet of white lilies. Those are her favorite flowers? She seemed to like the roses I got her once…. How come she never bothered to tell me?

            "Have fun!" Chanyeol's yell brings me back into reality. I look up and the two are already walking upstairs. I follow them with my gaze, meeting eyes with Jaehyo once again.

            "Hyung, are they dating?" Sehun asks me as soon as they're out of earshot. The others listen in too.

            "No! Don't be ridiculous!" I answer a little too quickly.

            "Ok, chill, Hyung. I was just wondering," Sehun says, walking towards the couch with his ice cream.

            "You know, I heard girls don't really like overprotective guy friends. I mean, I know you've known each other for a while, but chill down a little," Lay gives me a small smile before heading up to his room.

            Trust me, Lay. You don't know the half of it. As much as girls don't like overprotective guy friends, I'm sure, they hate overprotective ex-boyfriends waayyy more….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey~!!!!! Hope you liked it! Sooo sorry it took soooo long >_<

Please please please comment you guys >_< I don't understand why I have 70 subscribers and barely get any comments. I work hard on these chapters and I would like some support. Sorry if this sounds bad it's just I really like it when you guys comment <3

Oh! And I started a new EXO fic~! It's rated M, but mostly for swearing and like drugs. I won't post the first chapter until 10 subscribers (there's already 6!!!!) so GO, GO, GO~!!!

Helping Daddy's Little Girl

<3exotic92

COMMENT~!! Upvote! Subscribe <3