Chapter 8

Watching you sleep

“H-hyung…” Jiyong stared at his best friend, not sure what to do. The older walked nearer to the tree, greeting the woman politely, before turning his eyes to Jiyong again. “What are you doing here? Please come down. Tell me what’s bothering you, Ji.”
The granny smiled again. “Young boy, do as he said. Tell him everything.”, she said, smiling towards Jiyong. “I’m sure everything will be fine.”
TOP raised one eyebrow, examining the tiny woman in front of him. He didn’t know how she was involved with this, but he instantly nodded. “No matter what, we’ll make it.”, he said. “We always settled every problem together, didn’t we?” Seunghyun smiled softly and reached out a hand to Jiyong. The younger slightly nodded. Then, with red cheeks, he clung to Tabis hand and slided down to the ground. He immediately let go the warm hand of his friend, hemming quietly. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder. The granny was still smiling at him. “As I said – tell him. I don’t know him, but… he has honest eyes. Good luck, little Jiyong.”, she said and then walked away slowly, fading between some trees.
Seunghyun looked at Jiyong. “Who was this woman? Do you know her, Ji?”, he asked. His friend shook his head. “No. She just… talked to me, when… I was crying.” With every word, Jiyong became quieter.
“Why did you cry, Ji?”, the rapper then asked, crimping his eyebrows in concern. “Why are you so angry all of a sudden?”
Jiyong looked at his shoes before sighing. “Counter question.”, he said. “Why didn’t you tell me that… you are dating Park Bom?” He looked up, biting his lower lip nervously.
“I am not dating Park Bom.”, Seunghyun instantly said. “I don’t know how Youngbae got that idea, but it’s bull. I’m not dating her. I have never and I will never.”
“What?” Jiyong now seemed really confused. “But… didn’t you tell her you can’t wait to see her? And that you love her? On the phone this morning when you came from jogging!”
That made TOP laugh, which confused his best friend even more.
“Jiyonga…”, the tall rapper chuckled. “That was my mother I was talking to. I planned on visiting her at the weekend.”
Jiyongs eyes widened and suddenly his face wall all red. He buried it in his hands, grumbling in embarrassment. “I can’t believe it.”, he said faintly.
And then, his heart began to race as he felt Seunghyuns hand on his shoulder.
“Ji… why did you cry? Why… have you been so angry at me? And what… what did that woman mean with “Tell him”, hm?”, he whispered. Jiyong let his hands sink very slowly. He looked at Seunghyuns face and his heart skipped a beat. Tabi’s eyes were so amazingly full of love and tenderness that the leader’s knees began to shake lightly.
“Seunghyun, I…”, he began and his friend was surprised to hear his name without any suffix on it. Jiyong really seldom called him just by his first name. “I cried because I thought you… were in love with Park Bom.”
“Jiyong, that… sounds like… you’re jealous.”, Seunghyun answered. With shaky hands the leader rubbed his upper arms. “Yeah. I am.”, Jiyong said and it was really hard for him to stand this conversation. He’d prefer running away, hiding somewhere forever. But there was no turning back anymore.
“Because I love you, Seunghyun.”