Chapter2: Opportunities

North and South Poles


Location: Boys’ Dormitory

Images of two people are continuously shown in the screen. The guy is the famous student composer who recently had received three awards from a prestigious award giving body proving to all that he’s a prodigy when he beat two professional composers who were twice his age. The girl’s face is blurred so as to keep her identity a secret but with the uniform she wears, she’ll be a hot issue in their school the next day… for sure. All four pairs of eyes were glued and puzzled on the TV screen as to who this girl might be but one redhead guy can’t even look at the scene and boldly turned off the TV as he grab the remote from his friend.

GUY4:  Ah, hyung! Why did you let your guard down? Don’t meet your date so publicly…. Tsk…tsk… *was punched lightly at the back* Ow! I was just joking!!

JAEJIN: I didn’t plan on dating her. She’s the girl who we met while we were at the university. Oh, so Maknae, you were lecturing me when in fact it was you who circulated this rumor about me and some girl dating!

SEUNGHYUN:  Ah… I didn’t do it on purpose!!

JAEJIN: You meet up with your blind date and those idiots thought it was me…even though it’s noticeable by our height difference…wait, you lied to her when you introduced yourself right?

SEUNGHYUN: It was only once!

GUY3: Ne, Seunghyun hyung, I remember you used to call yourself as me.

GUY2: So,how are you gonna deal with this again? This time, it spreads too fast that my email is full of this mystery girl’s identity.

GUY1: Hold a press conference. Clear those accusations first thing in the morning. I hate those reporters asking us about that kind of issue.

JAEJIN: I know. I’m not worried about myself but for the girl. *sigh*

SEUNGHYUN: Ne, Hyung… is she cute? Is she?*head is hit by JAEJIN’s knuckle* Ay! Ay! I was just asking! Besides, I’m the only one who hasn’t seen her face…

JAEJIN: She won’t like you… *smirks and leaves but pauses right before opening his room’s door* coz she prefers boys like me, I tell you!

SEUNGHYUN: Aha! He likes her!

=====

Location: Fujii Mina’s house @ 6:30 a.m.

Ding-dong! … Ding-dong! The doorbell is busy ringing while a pair of feet hurriedly rushes to open the main door.

Tsukiko: I already ordered milk yester- -wah!

Reporter1: Are you Mrs. Fujii? Is this where Fujii Mina lives?

Reporter2: Where is Fujii Mina? May we have her statement?

Reporter3: Is she dating Jaejin? How true is this Ma’am?

Reporter4: How long are they dating each ---

*BAM!!!!!! The main door closes as Tsukiko hurriedly went upstairs to wake Mina. The media reporters still didn’t leave the spot while continuing to interrogate the Fujiis*

Tsukiko: Mina-chan! Mina-chan! Wake up now!

Mina: *wakes up rather exhausted* It’s Saturday today Mom. No classes.

Tsukiko: How are you? The reporters are surrounding the house!

Mina: I’m fine but I feel so weak like I’ve fallen from a tree. What do you mean reporters? Is it about Shino? What did he do? Did something bad happen to him, Mom?

Tsukiko: She must have forgotten about the news yesterday.  No, it’s not about Shino!! It’s about you!

Mina: Me? But why?

Tsukiko: Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten the news last night about you and that composer. You’re the talk of the town now!

Mina: *remembers the incident* But we barely know each other. He just returned the watch I’ve lost.

Tsukiko: So you were just acquaintances? You never dated? Aw… and here I am thinking she’s secretly dating a celebrity…

Mina: I never knew he’s a celebrity until Hikaru-chan told me that he’s a famous student composer…maybe Shino knows him coz he loves to compose but never in my life have I known a guy named Jaejin until yesterday. Mom, what should we do?

Tsukiko: We’ll stay here for a while. Those reporters will get tired of waiting and will leave us soon.

Mina: How about Shino? What if he will come home?

Tsukiko: I’ll tell him to come home later. As of now, take a bath. I’ll be preparing our breakfast.

Mina: I never prayed to have this kind of popularity. NEVER! *cellphone rings* Hello?...Hikaru! ... thanks. *runs to her parents’ room and turns on the TV* MOM! Come over here!

Tsukiko: Hmm? Why are you still not taking a bath young lady?and what are you doing in our ---

JAEJIN on TV: I don’t have any relationship with her. Please stop this. I don’t want this false story circulated any further. And please don’t disturb her life anymore.

*TV Turned off*

Tsukiko: Hmm… somehow I hope he never said those words too soon…

Mina: MOM!

Tsukiko: I know it’s the right thing to do but don’t you like it to be JAEJIN’s rumored girlfriend for even a short while?

Mina: I will never be pleased with such fakeness. And I don’t want to grab that opportunity just to be popular. I’ll work hard for my fame and success. I don’t want to rely on others, you know that.

Tsukiko: That’s my Mina! You remind me so much of your late father. You inherited a lot from him. I guess the only thing that you got from me is your gender… *laughs*

Mina: MOM! Somehow she’s right…

====

Location: Minamoto Hikaru’s house

(Hikaru’s POV)

Now that the rumor is fast spreading, Mina-chan gets much attention from people. I’m pretty sure this Monday, she’ll be bugged by our schoolmates about it. Heh. They’ll be curious to know the truth. That Hye Kyo will find a way to get to her beloved JAEJIN and my plan will push through. Sorry Mina, I can’t reveal this plan to you as of now. This is an opportunity I will greedily grab. Believe me, This is all for the benefit of our dream!

Hikaru: *answers the telephone ringing* Hello? … Who is this? What do you mean JAEJIN said it ain’t true?...No, wait!! I didn’t lie!... Hello? …Hello? *opens the TV and sees the whole JAEJIN interview* No!  this can’t happen now!!!!!Noo!!!

 

-Chapter2 end-