Chapter12: Wish Upon a Falling Star

North and South Poles

Location: Shizen Academy

Footsteps echoed the hallway as Fujii Mina made fast strides obviously on the verge of hunting her prey. She is currently looking for her bastard of a roommate to ask for his key as she realized her room key was left in their room. Her clumsiness is settling in again. The dorm clerks were preparing for the welcoming party of the participants, the coordinators and highly praised mentors as a fireworks display will be held later on to be followed with a brief program and some booty shaking celebration. She searched the whole second floor already and now is at the ground floor.

She looks tired and exhausted and finally decided to wait outside their room until he arrives from wherever he is but stopped upon seeing a classy-looking dance studio and remembered some memories when she was way younger. It reminded her of meeting a girl who cried because she can’t do a perfect split as instructed by their teacher. The girl had red puffy eyes and tear-stained chubby cheeks. She seemed to be scared of Mina back then.

Mina: Hye Kyo… *softly speaks out her name *

She closed her eyes and remembered the very first time Hye Kyo truly smiled. It was the moment when they shook hands and promised to be friends for life. They were very close, like full-blooded sisters until one accident changed everything. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t notice someone coming closer until he spoke.

Seunghyun: Excuse me… did you forget something from the studio? Wait, I think I haven’t seen you in the studio a while ago.

Mina: Ah.. anou… eto… i was just passing by. This dance studio is great!  *turns head and realizes it’s Seunghyun* Ah,… I better go. Nice to meet ya! *tries to hide her face from him*

Seunghyun: I sure do agree with you! Huh? Wait, I haven’t introduced myself to you. I’m Song Seunghyun. I am the coordinator and one of the instructors in the dance workshop. *flashes a confident smile*

Mina: I’m Fujii,Shino, a participant of the lyrical composition section! Pleased to meet you Seunghyun-shii! *looks at him for a second then quickly bows and makes her exit* Hmm… he may know where he is!! Anou, Seunghyun-shii do you happen to know where Lee Hongki-shii is? I am his roommate. I miserably left my own key at our room. The clerks aren’t here too so I guess I need to see him.

Seunghyun: Hmm, you’re hyung’s roommate eh? He may be busy sketching somewhere peaceful and quiet… No, I remembered noona wants to see him. She might be with him right now but I don’t know where. I bet they are somewhere far away to avoid being disturbed…

Mina: Eh? He’s dating someone? He seems to be an indifferent person to me like someone who has his own world.

Seunghyun: *sheepishly smiles* He’s nice too…well sometimes! Wait, you mean to say he was rude to you? Sorry for that. He’s not just used to be with other people when he is on sketching mode.

Mina: *rapidly crosses her hands* Ah…no. He was just not normal to me I guess… sorry, I still don’t feel comfortable being together with someone famous… *sighs*

Seunghyun: So you’re not comfortable with me too?

Mina: Anou…etou… I like you! You’re cool!

As soon as the words left Mina’s mouth their eyes locked. Neither one blinked for a few seconds. Seunghyun was shocked to receive it from a guy, a cute one by the way but he found “his” voice sweet and wondered why he liked listening to “him”. Mina was afraid that Seunghyun might think of her as gay…

Mina: Ah... what I mean is that I think I don’t feel too pressured talking to you.

Seunghyun: *laughs* I know… I like you too!

It was Mina’s turn to be shocked. Not even one guy told her he likes her, in this case him. It felt good inside. Her cheeks turned pink and she finds it hard to hide the blush away.

Mina: It was nice meeting you Seunghyun-shii. I guess I’ll have to wait outside our room for Hongki. I have to go now! *bows head and makes fast paces towards the elevator trying to make the redness on her cheeks go away*

Seunghyun: Wait! How ‘bout we see the fireworks display at the rooftop later on? It’s best viewed there. Well, that’s if you want to join me?

She stopped walking. Waiting outside the room is a boring thing. She is fine talking to him anyway, so she flashed a smile and nodded in return which earned a huge grin from Seunghyun as he made his way to her. She is glad he hasn’t recognized her.

Mina: If I am a girl, I might have thought you’re hitting on me and asking me out.

Seunghyun: it’s the first time I did ask this to a guy and I barely knew you. *chuckles* So, shall we?

The elevator door opens and both stepped inside. As soon as they reached the rooftop, Hongki and Jinhee took the stairs to return to their rooms. When the elevator door opens, they were met with a fading sunset. It will be dark soon. A few people have gathered in the rooftop waiting for the fireworks to shine.

Mina: Ah, the sunset! We missed it!

Seunghyun: I prefer to watch the sun rising at dawn. It makes me feel alive!

Mina: I wake up usually late in the morning.

Seunghyun: Not a morning person, eh?

Mina: I love to watch the sky at night. *looks up at the sky* I always sleep late because of it.

Seunghyun: That explains why you wake up late every time.

Mina: I used to wait for a falling star but now I prefer them to stay there and sparkle and never fade away.

Seunghyun and Mina: Look! A falling star!

Both closed their eyes and made their wishes. Seunghyun was done with his wish and happen to glance at Mina’s face. A certain flash of memory came to him.

Seunghyun: He looks like that girl from the waffle booth! Jiyong’s rumored girlfriend… Am I having hallucinations again?

He has been having hallucinations after the day he met Mina while buying a waffle. It’s like he can see her everywhere only to find out she wasn’t there. Right now, it felt like another hallucination. He can’t help but stare at her and study her features. He was so caught up in comparing the person in front of him to the girl he met weeks ago. Mina turned to face him and their eyes met again. She was a bit alarmed to see his curious stare. She finds him attractive with those warm eyes. It suited him and her heart skipped a beat upon staring at him in return.

Seunghyun: Sorry for staring, I was amused to see you fervently asking for your wish to come true. Anyways, you look like someone I met before. Are you sure we haven’t met?

Mina: Eh? I have lots of look-a-likes… people always mistook me as someone else. I guess my face looks so common that even they link me to animals. *laughs*

Seunghyun: Like squirrels?... Maybe I’m hallucinating again… *smiles shaking his head in disbelief*

Mina: it’s a bit scary of mistaking me as that girl you met.

Seunghyun: How did you know I’m pertaining to a girl?

Mina: STUPID MINA!! Ah… anou… lucky guess? I feel you want to meet women more than men.

Seunghyun: Well, I love girls especially the noonas!! I can’t help myself not to look at beautiful women but that girl… I have never been like this before until I met her. Ahh, that girl is everywhere! I swear she has placed an enchantment on me. I always compare every girl I met after I met her. She just seems to be so special that I can hardly find anyone like her! I want to see her again.

Mina: Love at first sight?

Seunghyun: You believe in it too?

Mina: I don’t really believe it because I never had experienced a thing like yours. What I believe, is that she is a witch who cast a spell on you.

Seunghyun: A witch? *chuckles* I hope to meet her again at the mall’s waffle booth again. It’s the place where I had met her. We ordered the same waffle but it was the last kind so I gave it to her. I haven’t even got her name though. I guess she was on a hurry back then.

Mina was taken aback as she realized she might be that girl he is talking about. Her heartbeat is rapidly increasing and she almost can’t breathe normally. But this guy is a womanizer, the girl might be someone else but she can’t help think of that girl as her. She has no other look-a-like other than her twin brother. Her cheeks burned, hands started to shake, and her knees become weak. She wished he would hug her right this instant. She needed support… physical and emotional support. Someone has confessed to her that he likes her and is crazy about her. It was her first time to hear this and she is nearly breaking her disguise but she needs to control herself with this revelation and that newfound feeling which had placed a lot of fluttering butterflies in her stomach. Is this the feeling of being infatuated?

Seunghuyn never told someone else about his feelings and opinions toward the opposite and always kept it by himself. When he tries to open that topic, his hyungs only . This is the first time he had talked to someone about it and this person was just a mere acquaintance. He just felt comfortable around “Shino” and easily trusted “him”. He wished to see that girl again and finally know her someday. He never noticed Mina’s sudden reaction to his last words. If only he knew, he might have known his wish was granted.

Mina: *tries to sound normal* I wish I could help you about that.

Seunghyun: It’s okay. I guess it’s that falling star’s job ne?

Mina: You mustn’t tell anyone about your wish for it to come true.

Seunghyun: Eh? Then I’ll wait for another star to fall to send my wish again.

Mina: It’s rare to see them fall twice in the same night.

Seunghyun: Then, I’ll wish on the fireworks instead!

Mina: Eh? You’re weird.

Seunghyun:   We might not know the fireworks might help me!

Just then, the fireworks display started. The night sky is splashed with vibrant colors and both seem to forget everything that happened as they enjoyed seeing the night sky. Mina looked at Seunghyun as he made his wish. He was serious in doing it. She smiled and decided to make another wish. You won’t lose anything anyway, so why not try it too?

==chapter12 end==

Oh well, it focuses on Seunghyun and Mina…

Sari: YAY!!! I’m the lead character in this chappy!!
Hongpoop: why am I not there? *glares*
Sari: Hyung, you should give way for me to have the spotlight sometimes. I thought I will kiss her?? Awww…

Hun: why am I still not in the chappy? My muscles are thinning out!

Goat: I’m supposed to have a lot of scenes too, coz I’m simply ahMEHHezing!

Azi: Sheesh… relax guys Minari never complained being in a cameo role. And Hunnie, you will soon appear…I haven’t forgotten you.
Mina: Is that Pabo in our room already?

Hongpoop: Pabo? Who? Not me!