Chapter12.5: Wish Upon the Same Star

North and South Poles

Location: Shizen Academy

Choi Jonghun, a master of the mixed martial arts and is thought to be one of the best in his generation is like a shy puppy in front of Baek Jinhee’s room. He is afraid to knock or rather afraid of what to say to her by the time she opens the door. He met Hongki and received the news that she’s a little bit sick which worried him and brought him outside her room. He knew she isn’t some weakling and she hated to be pitied but he also knew she needed someone at this moment. She would never plead Hongki to stay and take good care of her no matter how she wished he would. He always knew a long time ago that she reserves a special place for that Pabo in her heart that even she may not be aware of until now.

He remembered when they were playing hide-and-seek and she was “it” and had to chase them when she suddenly tripped and got bruised on her hands and knees. She never cried but the tears are threatening to fall from her delicate eyes. He, the ever worrywart Choi Jonghun volunteered to get first aid but she brushed it aside until Hongki scared her that the microbes are going to eat the flesh and her hands will fall off if she didn’t treat the wounds fast. As a result, she dragged the pabo with her and forced him to clean her bruised hands and knees and inspect if the microbes are still there alive and kicking.

When they were watching a horror/thriller movie in Jinhee’s house, she was in between Jonghun and Hongki. When a scary ghost appeared, she was so scared that she held tightly onto Hongki’s left arm waking him in the process. He almost punched her for disturbing his sleep if not stopped by Jaejin.

There was a time that she was in the verge of falling from a tree when they went tree climbing. Everyone lent their hands to her but she never reached out her hand until Hongki assured her that she won’t fall.

When she got tired of walking from their hiking trip, she wanted Hongki to carry her stating that he is big enough to carry her. Maybe it was because during that time, he is the “biggest” boy of their group. He carried her piggyback style while muttering protests on how heavy she is for a skinny girl. She would try to console him for being a huggable teddy bear. God only knows how Hongki managed to slim down from his chubby self which had irritated her much due to the alarming rate of his fangirls. If looks could kill, she could have become the top murderess.

Then there was the time when she was looking for a boyfriend and publicly announced it in school. She threatened all the boys to date her or face consequences but they would rather face them than date her which had frustrated her more. He almost presented himself as one of the daring ones to face her wrath but was stopped when he overheard and saw Jinhee and Hongki talking on an empty hallway walking away from his spot.

Jinhee: Why does nobody try to court me?

Hongki: *chuckles* They don’t want to be tortured…

Jinhee:*furrows brows and pouts* am I that mean? Why aren’t you afraid of me then?

Hongki: You don’t need a boyfriend noona. If you want someone to protect you, get a bodyguard instead.

Jinhee: How about you get to fill that position instead?

Hongki: There’s someone else capable than me.

Jinhee: Someone? Well, I don’t see anyone else more qualified other than you.  you’re the only one who nearly meet my standards.

Hongki: You need to open your eyes more and you need to clean your ears too… I see the yellow things in this side already. It’s trying to come out now. OW!

Jinhee: *screams hitting him* Stop those silly things! I’m serious here.

Hongki: Who told you I am not serious? You don’t need to rush on getting a boyfriend just because all of your girl friends have one.

Jinhee: Am I not fit to become your girlfriend then?

Hongki: I… I don’t know. I’m not looking for one anyway so I don’t know what to look for…

Jinhee: *holds Hongki’s arm* Then how about we try it?

Hongki: If I say no, will you stop--?

Jinhee: NO. I will pester you until you say yes! Come on Hongki! You’re my only hope!

Hongki: *sighs*Fine, fine…just to end your burden but we need a contract for this…

Jinhee: *gets excited and handles a paper to Hongki* I already made one… You just have to put your name on the blank!

Hongki: *grabs the paper and runs away* I’ll think about it first! See ya noona!

Jinhee: Hongkiiiiiiiiiiiiiii… *was a bit mad but smiles after convincing him* thank you!

Jonghun subconsciously dropped a flower for Jinhee after the event unfolded. Her words kept on repeating in his mind… “I don’t see anyone else qualified but you, Hongki”… his hopes were crushed at that very instant. No matter how hard he tries to get noticed by her, she would only look at the idiot… Her pabo.

He wanted to erase everything he felt for her other than being a friend and a sister. He didn’t know when those feelings started to change but he couldn’t help to feel jealous when Hongki always get to be there for her when she is in trouble. She was the sole reason why he wanted to try all kinds of self-defense. It was all for the purpose of protecting her but he never was once her hero because he always arrives late at the scene.

There is just one thing which puts him on advantage of everyone. Whenever she feels so down, she looks for him to talk to. She calls him to ask for advice and she would pour out all her feelings and thoughts to him. She has this trust on him. He has been used to it that even if she doesn’t call him, he knows she needed him at that moment. She never wanted to show her weak side to Hongki or to his other “brothers”. So even if she only needs him in her downfalls, he is still glad. Because it is only him who can bring back the color in her eyes. He believes he is the only one who can do it… not Hongki, or Jaejin, or Minhwan, or Seunghyun, or even her own family. So he softly knocks on her door thrice. It seemed she has noticed it as the door creaks open revealing Jinhee with her tear-stained cheeks and a nose competing to that of Santa’s Rudolph.

Jinhee: Did you forget some--… Jonghun-shii??

Jonghun: Noona… I heard from hyung that you aren’t feeling well. I brought some medic—

Jinhee: I’m fine right now. You don’t need to worry. I’m sorry,I don’t feel like talking tonight… see you tomorrow. *closes the door*

Jonghun: Noona, wait—OW!

He accidentally placed his right hand on the door frame and as she closes the door, his fingers were caught in between…

Jinhee: I’ll go get the cream!

It was a lucky accident as she allowed him to enter her room. He scanned the place and found five empty cans of beer on the kitchen floor. She must have been drinking too much. She came back with the cream and was trembling in getting the tube out from its box. He took hold of her trembling hand and assured her that he is okay. She must have been scared of what happened a while ago or it might be the alcohol’s effect settling in. She is not good in alcohol tolerance. He treated the swollen fingers with the cold cream as she watched him in silence.

Jinhee: I’m sorry… you shouldn’t have placed your hand in--

Jonghun: It’s okay. It was just an accident… wait, you didn’t plan on cutting my fingers do you?

Her eyes widened and was closing and opening with no words spoken out. He gave out a soft laugh. He was amused on how she looks; like a fish out of the water. She finally came back from wherever her mind was and her eyes become dull again.

Jinhee: You can have the cream. I have plenty in stock. I’m sorry I am not very accommodating right now. I just wanted to sleep early. I’ve been tired from the trip this morning and the lectures that followed throughout this day.

Jonghun: are you sure that’s all?

Jinhee: Eh?

Jonghun: Or was it because of your date with hyung a while ago that made you drank five cans of beer that fast? Did you have a quarrel?

Jinhee: We never argue… We never fight. You know that!

Jonghun: Was it something he said that made you like this?

Jinhee: it’s complicated. I, I … it’s getting late. You should go now.

Jonghun: Thanks for the cream noona. Call me if you need me.

She never responded. He purposely made slow steps toward the door hoping she would stop him from going out. It was a deafening silence. She never moved nor talked. He was holding the knob on the door and turned it. Guess like his instincts were wrong.

Jinhee: Wait…

Jonghun: *turns head toward Jinhee* Hm?? What is it noona?

Jinhee: What time are you doing your morning exercise?

Jonghun: *tilts head* Eh?? You’re not a morning person noona.

Jinhee: I just felt I gained weight and need to lose some.

Jonghun: *eyebrow raised* you felt you gained weight or somebody told you your getting fat?

Jinhee: Fine… that damn Hongki was wondering if I’m pregnant or not…

Jonghun: *laughs* So I was right all along? It was because that pabo said it? Ahahhahaha…

Jinhee: Stop laughing… he’s an idiot but he never lies.

Jonghun: He was just joking noona.

Jinhee: He was serious in telling me that!

Jonghun: *chuckles* Okay…okay… Do you have a pen and paper? I need to give you your diet list. Why do you always believe in everything Hongki says?

Jinhee: Because I just wanted to believe it. *gets a beer can and drinks it* and because I know he’s a bad liar.

Jonghun: You should stop drinking beer or else you will be soon in your ninth month!

Jinhee spits out the beer contents in and happens to be facing Jonghun. What a beautiful spot! If she is some stranger, she might be having broken bones right now.

Jinhee: CHOI JONGHUN! *creases brows*

Jonghun: Aish…noona… I don’t want to be walking like this.

Jinhee: *sticks tongue out* You can wash it off. I have a washing machine. It would only take minutes. I happened to have a big shirt too. You can use it.

Jonghun: *took off his beer-stained shirt making him topless* I’m fine without one. Where is your washing machine? *walks away*

Jinhee: it’s at the corner. You seriously love to show off your body huh?

Jonghun: *smirks* Enjoy the fireworks display while I clean my shirt.

Seeing Jonghun shirtless with his well-toned upper body, Jinhee can’t help but look at his fading self. She was wondering how he never had a girlfriend judging from his oozing appeal. As she looked at the window, a star fell from the sky.

Jinhee: I wish for Jonghun to find a perfect girl who will love him for everything he is. He seriously needs one…ASAP…

She should have wished for her future husband or for her career but she wished for someone else’s.  She knew that it’s rare to see falling stars but she has wished a lot of times for herself, some came true and some didn’t. She just thought that maybe he needed the star’s help to find a girl to settle with. She was still closing her eyes when Jonghun came back.

Jonghun:*softly speaks* noona… *speaks louder* noona… NOONA!

Jinhee: I’m still awake… I was just making a wish.

Jonghun: on fireworks? *sees the fireworks display*

Jinhee: Eh? I saw a falling star before the fireworks were in the sky!

Jonghun: what did you wish for?

Jinhee: *smiles* Jonghun-shii, do you think Hongki is in love right now?

Jonghun: What do you mean noona? I think he’s just inspired.

Jinhee: I see a different sparkle in his eyes. I think it’s a different inspiration. He hasn’t been searching for a girl to love because of our contract. But it doesn’t mean he can force his heart to beat.

Jonghun: Noona… I’m sure he is sincere to you.

Jinhee: Whatever that inspiration is… I’m happy for him. *smiles then frowns, eyes drooping down*

Jonghun: Hyung loves you…

Jinhee: *continues to look at the night sky* If only I were to be the twinkling star in his eyes for once. He has never sketched nor painted nor sculpted me… but I can’t force him, ne?

Jonghun: You really love him… I can sketch you if you want!

Jinhee: Just help me in getting fit…you’re better in it and I promise to wake up early from now on!

Jonghun: Noona…  I hope you could also notice the sparkle in my eyes every time I look at you Jinhee noona *smiles sadly*

====

Location: Shizen Academy Rooftop

JAEJIN: Seunghyun-ah, there you are! Have you seen Jonghun?

Seunghyun: JAEJIN HYUNG!!!!!!! *hugs Jaejin* I bet he’s down the field and enjoying the fireworks! Let’s start the party!

JAEJIN: How about noona and hyung?

Seunghyun: Aish.. you sound like a mother hen looking for her chicks… they are on a date.

JAEJIN: I need to talk to them about something and it includes you too.

Seunghyun: Is it that important?

JAEJIN: Well, I guess we can talk about it tomorrow… *grins* Yo! *prepares his Dr. Dre headphones and walks to the mini stage and grab the mic* Say, ARE YOU READY!!!!!!!!! I’m Jae-dragon for tonight… your official dj! Are you ready to party????!!!

Seunghyun: WAY TO GO HYUNG!!! Hey Shino-- *looks for Mina*… where could he be? Just as the party is starting, he’s gone.

Girl: Seunghyun baby, want to dance with me?

Girl2: No, Seunghyun will dance with me, isn’t it right?

Girl3: Seunghyun-shii, you will choose me right?

Seunghyun: Aish, I could’ve introduced him to these girls.. that Shino needs a girl too…… I’ll dance with you all!

As Seunghyun danced with the girls, he felt bad for leaving “Shino” when three y girls called him out. He can’t just say no to a lady, what more if it’s three y ones! He’s a party lover and when there’s music, his feet will bring him to that place.

The rooftop is suddenly filled with the party people. JAEJIN arranged a remix that made everybody go wild and Seunghyun showed his cool moves to match the beat. The party duo enjoyed the night partying under the starry, starry sky.

====

Location: Shizen Academy rm. 405 hallway

Mina: Aish, why did I believe in that womanizer? Telling me sweet nothings when he can be easily attracted to other girls!! I am not jealous…no, no! not at all! Song Seunghyun, you almost got me there!!!!!

She made her way to her room while muttering incoherent words to herself on how she is so stupid to fall for such a confession. As she arrived at the door, she noticed that the room inside is still dark and the door seems locked still.

Mina: Where could that bastard be? Is he planning to sleep somewhere else? *tummy rumbles*… ahhh.. I’m so hungry, I could eat anything. Why did I have to leave my wallet too? *slumps on the floor* The party upstairs is starting… and I’m not enjoying the music at all. There’s no great food and mostly they have drinks… I also needed to make that assignment Ken-sensei told us. I’m too tired to move already. Hongki… please come back already.*eyes began to droop*

====

Location: Shizen Academy rm. 405

Hongki: That Fujii! Where is she now? It’s getting late. She needs to arrange her things in here already. Huh?

While rearranging their bed, he noticed that Mina left her keys and her wallet since they are lying on the lower deck of the bed which happened to be his bed. Deciding to look for her, he reached out for the door and happened to find a sleeping Mina blocking him from his path. He crouched down and nudged her gently to wake her up.

Hongki: Yo Fujii.. Fujii! Wake up! Don’t sleep here.

She was a heavy sleeper. Left with no option, he picked her up bridal style and placed her on his bed since the upper deck is not the best place for her as of this moment. He opened an instant ramen cup and poured the hot water. While waiting for three minutes, he went to the bathroom to freshen up. As he came back, he spotted his bed unoccupied and wondered where his roommate went when he heard a burp coming from the dining table near the kitchen where his favorite flavored ramen was.

Mina: Wow! I never tasted this kind of ramen before. Thanks for the food! *speaks softly*

 If only he knew that she would be awoken to food, he shouldn’t have opened his favorite ramen cup. She is smiling thinking he purposely prepared the food for her while he is planning on how to get revenge for eating his favorite ramen without permission.

==Chapter12.5 end==


Hun: you made me walk shirtless!
Hongpoop: why did you let her eat my ramen?WAE?????
Seunghyun: Where’s Shino??
JAEJIN: *dj mode* We’re soaring..flying!!
Mina: I’m still hungry… I want something else other than ramyun!!!
Jinhee: Jonghun! DID YOU PUT TOO MUCH POWDER??

 


Oh man, since when are my characters talking at the end of the chapter??