Chapter10: The Girlfriend

North and South Poles


Location: Shizen Academy Hallway

Lee Hongki, the cold and silent type, made his very first greeting in a not so awkward way. It may have been in a tense situation but he managed to greet normally by adding the “pleased to meet you” phrase for the very first time in his life. Well, who is not going to be pleased when you see the true reason behind the sketching obsession? He was so consumed in his “Fujii world” that he never noticed Seunghyun greeted him.

Hongki: Ahh… was I too harsh?? What is she doing here and where is her brother? Fujii… you really are something to be able to make me act that way… *smiles*

SEUNGHYUN: Hyung! *waves his hand infront of Hongki’s face as he noticed that his hyung is deep in thoughts* Are you okay?

Hongki: *glares while grabbing SEUNGHYUN’s arm and pushes his hand away * What do you want?

SEUNGHYUN: Eh? Mere seconds ago you were smiling and now you’re back to your grumpy side. So how about your new roommate? Have you two met or you are escaping from meeting him? By the way, noona called…

Hongki: *snorts* Hn… Has she arrived?

SEUNGHYUN: Aish… I can’t stand her yelling through the phone on why you don’t answer her calls. Even now, my ear still aches. She said she is on her way and is very excited to see you. Man, aren’t you afraid of her? At one moment she is like a sweet angel. By the time you blink your eyes, she’s growing horns and a tail… Noona is scary… Well, hyung is scary too especially when he’s not in the mood. I guess that’s why they get along very well. *imagining her as the devil gives him goosebumps*

Just as Seunghyun spoke the words, a girl with a brown-dyed hair made her presence known by sneaking a hand on each of the boys’ shoulders. Both boys turned toward her direction; A horror-struck Seunghyun and an indifferent Hongki. A mischievous smile graced her lips as she raised her right eyebrow.

Jinhee: I wonder who is that scary noona you’re talking about?

SEUNGHYUN: Jin-jinheeeeee !

Hongki: When did you arrive?

Jinhee: *bonks SEUNGHYUN’s head* I told you to call me as Jinhee noona….. My, my… it’s been a year and you all have grown up so fast. *pinches the each of the boys’ cheek*

SEUNGHYUN: Looks like Jinhee noona is the only one not growing up… please let the bell ring! I want to meet the participants now… Eheheh… *forces a smile*

Jinhee: I can read your thoughts Sari ! And you mister… *crosses arms*

Hongki: I’m on my way to class. We’ll talk later… Seunghyun, lead her to her room. *walks away from both SEUNGHYUN and Jinhee*

Jinhee: Pfft… you always treat your girlfriend like this… Sari –KUN *emphasizes the “kun”*… carry my luggage! You’ll help me unpack my things too…. *leaves Seunghyun while going to her room*

SEUNGHYUN: *sees the piles of luggage on the hallway* NOOOO!!! Don’t leave me hyung! *sighs* Yes, noona.

====

Fujii Mina, in her very first day as Shino convinced everyone that she is her brother until one specific specimen tested her up to her limits. It is her hairclip’s fault! If she told him she is gay, it could have worked but she is afraid of her brother’s reputation. He will kill her for that.

Why of all people is she roomed together with someone who has known her? Well, they are just acquaintances but judging from the bastard’s reaction, he might have known her brother more. They might be schoolmates or childhood buddies. She should’ve checked first on her brother’s childhood friends. They might have known each other when little Shino was with their grandmother. She knew her twin brother very much but he still has this characteristic that she can never copy… and maybe that bastard has seen the difference…

But what really bugged her most was his last few words… he might have believed her or he might be just teasing her of her boyish assets. She believed it was the latter because his smirk confirmed it. Then why not tell him the truth about the situation? It’s been one of the reasons why she is here anyway:  to take part as her brother while he hasn’t returned yet from a mountain trip. He might consider it and might help her in hiding the truth. Yes, he MIGHT!

Mina: it’s not a bad thing to try it, right? *looks at herself in the mirror*

She arrived at the classroom and noticed he is already there, too busy holding his pencil and not caring about the world. She was surprised though that he isn’t fawned by fan girls and boys unlike his “brother”, who happened to be their coordinator too. As she was looking for an empty seat, she noticed a lot of girls looking at her and shyly looks away as their eyes met. It is rather annoying that she is hearing praises on how “she” looks so cute and hot in their eyes. So as not to be rude, she smiles every time someone greets her then looking down at the floor as if looking for something so interesting there. Is luck not on her side today? The only seat available is beside the bastard. She just sits down without asking permission and he in turn looks dully at her for a brief moment then back to his own world. She thought it might be awkward to see him again. He was acting so liberally in their room but now, his aura seems dark. To break the silence, she started a conversation.

Mina: I haven’t introduced my full name to you. I’m Fujii Shino! *extends her hand for him to accept it*

Hongki: I know. *still sketching a figure on a white paper*

Mina: Eh?? He didn’t even look at me. Such a bastard!

Just then, a middle-aged man enters the room with a young and bright coordinator following behind him.

JAEJIN: WELCOME Participants! I hope you will learn a lot of things in this workshop! This is Ken-sensei. He will be in charge of your transformation! Your talent and skills will be at their highest level in no time!

Mina: He isn’t even looking at JAEJIN… what so important with that sketch eh? *pouts* How disrespectful!

She was focused on him that she wasn’t able to listen to Ken-sensei’s call on her name until Hongki turned to face her startling her all of a sudden.

Mina: Wah? You should listen to—

Hongki: Fujii… *directs his eyes to Ken-sensei’s direction*

She follows to where his eyes look and noticed Ken-sensei’s head tilted on one side. All eyes were on her too…

Ken: Are you with us, young man?

At that moment, she realized she is also not listening to their mentor. She therefore concluded that being with him screams “Danger! A terrible thing will happen to you!”

How she wished this day to end fast!

==Chapter10 end==