Chapter7: Surprise! Surprise!

North and South Poles


Location: State University-  Girls Locker Room

Hikaru: We have to give our best today! Tanaka sensei will never regret to make us regulars!

Mina: Your right! I’ve practiced the routine a couple of times last night… My body is at its best condition so I’m hyped up for it.

Hikaru: Eh,You’ve overworked yourself? Mina-chan…

Mina: *holds Hikaru’s hands* Hye Kyo won’t stop us from becoming regulars now. We can do this… I believe in Tanaka sensei’s judgement…

Hikaru: And I believe no one can stop us! I’m just so glad Tanaka sensei is in charge now and not Hye Kyo. Here’s to our victory…*places hand in front with the palm facing the floor*… FIGHTING!

Mina: *follows what Hikaru is doing and places both her hands on top of Hikaru’s* MINA! HIKARU! FIGHTING! *runs to the field*

Just as they were getting ready to perform the specific routine to pass for being regulars, Song Hye Kyo grabbed everyone’s attention as she along with their coach Tanaka Hideki enters the field.

Tanaka: I am sad to say this sudden news. Today’s event is postponed and will resume after sembreak. I know all of you prepared for this day. *Hye Kyo glances at Mina and Hikaru then smirks as the two made eye contact to her* I’m sorry to have prolonged your aspirations on becoming regulars but I also brought good news. Hye Kyo, will you kindly tell them?

Hye Kyo: *smiles* I am happy to promote one of you as a regular starting today. We’ve seen your performance and we are quite impressed at the rate you are improving. Hence, welcome to the elite five ---Minamoto Hikaru.

Erica: Elite FIVE? Does this mean she will be one of us?

Hye Kyo: If you like, you can step down and let her take your place.

Tanaka: Enough girls! Hikaru, we have seen your perseverance in wanting to be regular. I hope you will still give that impression on me now that you’re one of the regular members. That’s all. Have a happy sembreak everyone! I hope to see you all fired up next semester!

Hye Kyo: Oh Minamoto-chan, we are going to practice today…. us REGULARS *emphasizing the word for Mina to hear*.

Mina: Hikaru, don’t worry about me… *asserts a smile* I’m just glad that you can perform at the competition this summer!

Hikaru: Mina… *hugs Mina*

Hye Kyo: Oh, enough sappy moments… it’s not like you can’t see each other anymore. Hikaru, let’s go!

Both girls left Mina on the field. As soon as they are far away from her, Hikaru is confused as to what Hye Kyo is planning and asks her.

Hikaru: What are you doing?

Hye Kyo: I just gave you a pleasant reward for all the things you did to me. Besides, I don’t like your plan in making that worm be a part of us. I’m still not convinced in all the evidences you have given me that she is really close to them. Hence, she isn’t a threat to my position as of now.

Hikaru: But…

Hye Kyo: Another “but” and I may kick you from cheerdancing for good. How about you enjoy it while you still can?

Hikaru: *looks at Mina and frowns* Mina… I’m sorry…

==three days later==

Location: FujiiMina’s house

Tsukiko: What’s wrong? Where’s the lively Mina-chan?

Mina: *sits lazily on the couch* I’m just tired today mom. No practice and I can’t get to hang out with Hikaru. By the way, how come Shino hasn’t arrived yet? I need to talk to him about something.

Tsukiko: He called and said that he will spend two more weeks there. It’s regretful because JAEJIN will be the coordinator for the lyrical composition this year. Will you go and ask for a refund on his summer workshop tomorrow?

Mina: EH? Did you tell him about the workshop?I know he can cancel everything just to attend it. 

Tsukiko: I still haven’t told— MINA WAIT!!!!!

Mina: *calls her twin but is advised to leave a voice message in her shrilly voice* SHINO!!! YOU BETTER COME BACK HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, YOU GET THAT!! YOU HAVE A WORKSHOP TO ATTEND! IT’S YOUR DREAM WORKSHOP! YOU BETTER BE HERE TOMORROW OR ELSE MOM WON’T GIVE YOU ANOTHER CHANCE TO JOIN! *sighs and turns off the phone*… See mom, it’s not that hard telling him.

Tsukiko: Do you have to yell? You’ll hurt your brother’s ears. Ah, I forgot to tell you, Shino is --- *mutters to self while Mina receives an incoming call*… not bringing his phone while going mountain climbing for three days.

Mina: *not minding her mom’s words* Where were you, huh? When I make a call, you better make sure to answer it immediately because it’s an emergen-- *stops her rants and stiffens*

Hye Kyo: I’m just reminding you of the agreement we had a while ago. You know you have no other choice. Anyways, enjoy your summer with the barn animals! *sarcastically laughs while cutting her line*

Tsukiko: Mina, who is it?

Mina: Just a wrong number…ahhh *slaps her forehead*...Shino…

Tsukiko: You have no choice but to ask for a refund tomorrow… *pats shoulders* it’s not your loss; it’s your brother’s. It’s not like before when you were way younger that you can save him by being his proxy. You should be preparing for your trip to your aunt’s ranch tomorrow. I’ll be sleeping now. Goodnight! *kisses her on the cheek*

Mina: Goodnight Mom! Shino, where are you when I greatly need you? How am I going to do Hye Kyo’s challenge without you? Wait… Mom just said…. Okaa-san, you’re my savior!

====

Location: Summer Workshop Venue - 自然 Academy

Many participants have arrived at the venue which is situated at a private academy away from the bustling city. It’s a perfect place for camp; the beauty of nature is at its perfection and the buildings are quite the latest in design. Not only do high-classed individuals but also famous celebrities are arriving in their luxury cars.

Dorm clerk: Welcome to Private Shizen *自然*! I’m Rika, and you young boy?

Mina *with a hood*: Eh? I, I, I’m Fujii SHINO! May I know what room I’m assigned with Rika-san?

Rika: on the left side of this building is the boys’ dorm. You’re in room 205… hope you’ll enjoy this summer camp! Here’s your key.

====

Meanwhile at the Fujii house…

Tsukiko: rise and shine Mina-chan! You have to catch up the train early! *approaches sleeping Mina wrapped up in blanket*. Mina, wake…huh?

As she opens the blanket, she is surprised to see pillows underneath and an open letter addressed to her from Mina. Having a gut feeling that Mina is up to no good, she hurriedly read the contents of the paper.

=====^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^====

Dear Mom,

You better find a way to contact Shino as soon as possible. I’m sorry I can’t tell you why I’m doing this. If Hikaru asks about me, tell her I’m already on my way to the ranch and I know you can tell aunt a thousand excuses. Please help me Mom. I’ll tell you about everything when I get back. I will get back if Shino is back. Don’t try to contact me. I left my phone under my pillow. I’ll call you if I have a free time and to get updates from Shino. Trust me, I will be okay here!

Love you Mom!

See you soon!

-Mina <3-

P.S. Thanks for the GREAT proxy advice <3

=====^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^====

Tsukiko: What is going on?... was I the one who suggested here becoming a proxy?... MINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

====

Hopefully, Mina hasn’t met any familiar faces and it gives her security as of now. Taking a few more steps, she found her room. Pray that her roommate won’t be too curious of her or she’ll be busted quickly.

Mina: Luckily Rika-san thought I’m a boy! Ahh..finally arrived at my room! *stops at the door with a “205” sign*

==Chapter7 end==