Chapter6: Food Conversations

North and South Poles


Location: Fujii Mina’s house

A baggy-eyed Mina stubbornly makes her way to the dining area for a Sunday breakfast.

Shino: Yo flat twinnie! Can’t sleep because of Mr. Haunting Eyes? *snickers then bonked on the head by his twin* Yeow! Can’t you just take a joke?

Tsukiko: Stop it guys. Take your breakfast before it gets cold. *sips tea*

Mina: When did you arrive,Shino? *takes an onigiri*

Shino: *munches on his breakfast cereal* Hm?? I arrived yesterday before you. You haven’t noticed me because you where hypnotized by some mysterious guy. I thought JAEJIN was your type! *laughs*

Mina: I told you I wasn’t dating him! And I’m not the one who idolizes him…

Shino: *face turned serious* I hope my crafts are going to be recognized someday just like him. Anyways, I’m going for a week’s field trip to visit God’s masterpieces! See you, flat twinnie! Bye Mom!! *ruffles his twin’s hair and kisses his mom’s cheek before catching up to their school bus* Sayonara!!!!!

Tsukiko: Shino… *smiles* 

Mina: You didn’t tell him that you made him participate in that expensive summer workshop?

Tsukiko: I’m going to surprise him about that. Besides, I’ve been saving for the event last year. I don’t want to disappoint him again. Oh, Hikaru-chan called.

Mina: He understood why we needed the money because of Dad’s health. Eh, Hikaru-chan? You better prepare your wallet today…

====

Location: Boys dormitory

Minhwan: Ramen’s on the house!! *slurps hot miso ramen*

SEUNGHYUN: *sniffs* Hmm!! Looks delicious! *grabs a bowl* Hyung, where are the others?

Minhwan: Jonghun hyung is running laps outside. You know how he loves to take good care of his physique. Jaejin hyung is still sleeping soundly.He must’ve been very tired yesterday.

Hongki: *enters in the dining area while talking on the phone* I changed my mind.

Geunsuk (on phone): She will be upset when she finds this out. You know she joined the workshop because you are going to be one of the coordinators.

Hongki: I’ll handle this hyung. *turns off the phone and takes a seat beside Seunghyun* Why haven’t you woken up Jaejin?

SEUNGHYUN: Ah hyung, you know how he reacts when he’s forced to wake up. *recalls the times he’s been thrown away from Jaejin’s room* Aigoo…he may be a stick but he pokes hard!

Minhwan: Hyung, why did you withdraw from being an art coordinator?

Hongki: I just felt like it.

JONGHUN: *just entered the dining area with sweats trickling down his forehead and chest* He’s got an inspiration, that is!

Hongki: I’ve been focused in sketching and painting stuffs all my life that I just miss writing and composing. JONGHUN, I’m always inspired.

JONGHUN: it’s a new inspiration now. I feel your aura is different. *gives a mischievous smile and takes the last bowl of ramen since Hongki took 2 bowls* Anyways, Minhwan is the only one not attending the workshop eh?

Minhwan: We’re going to prepare for this summer match! Our team will surely win! *raises hand and gives a fighting sign*

SEUNGHYUN: Yeah, because Nicole is joining you. Ah… I don’t know if being a coordinator is a good thing.

JONGHUN: As long as you focus on facilitating the students with their dancing skills and not checking out new victims. *laughs*

SEUNGHYUN: HYUNG! I’m a good boy! *ignored since he’s a known playboy*

Hongki: Ne Jonghun, you Should be gentle with your new warriors too! Your body alone scares them. *laughter is all around the room*

SEUNGHYUN: Hongki hyung… You’re lucky Jaejin hyung is your coordinator. You can slack off anytime you want.

Minhwan: Seunghyun hyung, you don’t know Jaejin hyung that well. He’s really strict when it comes to his field of expertise. I’ve asked for his help before on our music class.

JONGHUN: Well pabo, good luck with Jaejin.

JAEJIN: *grumpily walks to the dining table* what’s for breakfast?? *sniffs*

By the time Jaejin said those words, Hongki slurps the last ramen on his second bowl (which is supposed to be JAEJIN’s), all eyes diverted to him and then to JAEJIN. Uh Oh!

Hongki: *gives a sheepish smile towards JAEJIN* Ahh… pizza … is on its way for delivery?? My treat…

====

Location: Fancy Restaurant

Hikaru: Eat up!

Mina: I will really eat all this up! *starts on eating a chocolate cake*

Hikaru: I’m sorry I wasn’t able to be with you yesterday. I got a problem at home.

Mina: It’s okay. As long as you always treat me with all these food! But seriously, I was upset with you yesterday. *sips fresh orange juice* what happened to you yesterday?

Hikaru: *avoids being interrogated* How about we go to the amusement park today? We haven’t visited there for a long time now.

Mina: Hmm..Hmm… *nods head as a sign of approval while slicing the blueberry pie* Ne Hikaru-chan, I’m gonna miss you this summer break.

Hikaru: Miss me?

Mina: I’m going to spend my summer break at my aunt’s ranch.

Hikaru: But..but… How about our cheering team?

Mina: We aren’t regular cheerdancers. Only regulars can compete for the cheerdance tournament this summer.

Hikaru: But what if we are going to be chosen as regulars next week?

Mina: I promised my aunt last year that I will really spend my summer with her while her son spends it with mom. Even if we become regulars, not all will perform this summer.

Hikaru: We don’t have another chance to challenge her. Next week is our make or break! Don’t you want to be the cheerleader anymore?

Mina:  I just want to beat Hye Kyo but now, I’m not ready to face her. I still need to make a routine she can never copy and enhance. I’ll never allow her to steal my moves again. Aunt’s ranch is the perfect place for me to do it…*takes a spoonful of ice cream*

Later that night…

Location: Song Hye Kyo’s house @ 7 pm

Hye Kyo: *talks with Hikaru on the phone* A special routine to defeat me? So she is building her confidence now? Keep watch on her Hikaru-chan. I don’t’ want her on the loose. *cuts off Hikaru on the phone* I’ll make a surprise especially for her tomorrow. You can never have a chance to be on top Mina as long as I live. I can never forgive you for that humiliation you’ve done to my family…never!

==Chapter6 end==