Chapter4: Déjà vu?

North and South Poles


Location: Mall

Mina: *talks with Hikaru on the phone* I’m here at the mall now. Where are you?

Hikaru: *pretends as to not have arrived at the mall but in reality is watching Mina as she enters the main entrance* I’m still at my room. Sorry, I got a bit delayed… I’ll call you when I’m already there. See ya Mina-chan!

Mina: Oh, okay!! I’ll window-shop while waiting for you. See ya!

Mina goes near the waffle counter and looks for something to buy. As she made her order another hand pointed to the same item.

Vendor: Sorry it’s the last one already. One of you must choose another waffle.

SEUNGHYUN: Ah miss, Take it! I’ll just choose another one.

Mina: Thanks.

As the vendor received the payment from both, Seunghyun took a better glance at Mina’s hand and saw the familiar watch. He became curious and was about to ask her but Mina also noticed that he’s one of JAEJIN’s friends. Hikaru sent a picture of JAEJIN and his four friends to her cell phone last night that’s why she recognized him. Neither talked nor move a bit as their eyes met and understood each other.

Mina: *shocked* Ah…eto… No… I’m not her… bye! *made a quick pace away from the counter leaving Seunghyun dumbfounded*

SEUNGHYUN: She’s quite cute! At last I’ve finally met her! *picks up ringing phone* Ah, Minari! I’m coming! Where are you now?

GUY3: I’m with Nicole right now. We’re at the mall entrance. Have our hyungs arrived?

SEUNGHYUN: Jaejin hyung is already at the venue preparing for his autograph signing… Jonghun hyung will catch up after he finishes his workout. Hongki hyung said he may not come but I know he will. Ne, Minhwan, I finally met the mystery girl! Too bad I wasn’t able to have her number…

MINHWAN: Aish… you like her eh?

SEUNGHYUN: You already have Nicole … I need a Nicole too!

====

Mina: Hikaru-chan still hasn’t called. Hm, what’s the commotion over there? *goes to the swarm of JAEJIN’s fans*

As she came nearer, she noticed a large poster of JAEJIN’s face and bold name releasing his first single “Paper Plane” while the mentioned celebrity is standing at the center of the stage signing autographs. It was a bad decision to come closer since she can’t easily escape due to more fans piling up towards the venue. With much effort she was about to break free when a hand forcibly made its way to her left arm where her watch is placed.

Hye Kyo: Isn’t it a rare opportunity to meet you here?

Mina: I…eto, I was asked by my brother to buy a cd. He’s a fan of Jaejin.

Hye Kyo: Really… *finally noticed the watch Mina’s wearing* so, Hikaru was saying the truth?.... I believe you. Besides, you won’t dress as badly as that to impress him.

Mina: Well, I’m going home now to listen to it! Who knows, I might impress him one day! Bye!*flashes a grin*

Hye Kyo: *clenches both fist and grits teeth*Oh no you won’t! I’ll make sure of that.

Hikaru:*sees the scene with Hye Kyo and Mina meeting up* Plan B almost accomplished! *smiles coyly* Now, to finish it!

====

Mina: *goes out of the mall while talking to herself* That Hikaru! If I have known she can’t come I should’ve gone to the amusement park instead… Aish! You’re lucky I cannot stay mad at you coz you’re my best-… Huh!

 A loud beep is heard as a motorcycle almost hit her thanks to some hero who pulled her off the mini road. It wasn’t a romantic scene because the guy pulled her roughly toward him. His eyes held mixed emotions as it met hers. It showed fear, anger and concern towards her that staring at them could make her feel so guilty of the whole situation.

GUY1: Do you want to die? *eyebrows rose when a past incident is recalled* You really are clumsy aren’t you?*turns back and leaves Mina but stops for a second and turns his head to her* see you, clumsy Fujii! *smirks showing his fang*

Mina: It’s him again? The brooding bastard! *furrows eyebrows* wai-... HEY! HEY! How does he know me?

-Chapter4 end-