Chapter3:Plan A

North and South Poles


Location: Minamoto Hikaru’s house

Sweat trickled down on Hikaru’s face as she was watching Jaejin’s interview in the television. Eyes fixated on the interviewee’s face as he truthfully told everyone about the rumor on a sunny Saturday morning. Her thoughts drifted back to yesterday recalling as to how the rumor was created.

Flashback…

Hikaru: Hey Mina-chan! Hurry up! Tanaka-sensei will punish us if we’re late again! So catch up, ne?

Mina: Okay, I’ll be at your back!!!!!!

As Hikaru made a turn, she noticed that Mina was not able to follow her. She made her way back to check on her bestfriend. As she spotted Mina, she also recognized five familiar faces helping her pick her things.

Hikaru: Mina, clumsy as ever! *goes toward her friend to help her but stops midway and hides at a corner* Aren’t they the five prodigies? Mina! You’re so lucky to meet them… that Hye Kyo… she’ll be jealous for sure! *took out her phone and pictured the scene*

After Mina left the guys…

JAEJIN: *sighs then noticed something on the ground* She left something!  *picks up a watch*

GUY3: Ah hyung, we can’t give it to her now. We’re almost late for the meeting.

JAEJIN: I’ll just give this to her later at the main gate. It’s impossible for her not to go home.

GUY2: You sure you remember her face? Coz I remember you’re not that good in recalling faces.

JAEJIN: I remember her bag and the pink keychain!

As Hikaru was busy listening to the guys, Prof.Tanaka saw her.

Prof. Tanaka: Ms. Minamoto, why are you still here? I think you love doing punishments all the time!

Hikaru: Ah… eto… Tanaka-sensei… I was…

Prof. Tanaka: Why don’t you help me pick up some stuff to the field?

Hikaru: Hai!… Who could’ve picked up the watch? I need Taka-nii’s help!

The team’s done practicing and Mina found out that her watch was missing. As they were losing hope to find the watch, Hikaru suggested to search for it in the morning. Both girls headed out to the main gate.

Hikaru: The person must be waiting at the main gate by now. Taka, you better be there when they meet or else.

Mina: Ne, Hikaru-chan. Can’t Taka-niisan drive you home today?

Hikaru: Huh? Oh, That step brother of mine is busy for his blind date. He said I need to take the train today since he’ll show off his car to her…argh!

Just then JAEJIN showed up and gave the watch to Mina with an apologetic smile. As Mina received it with a smile towards JAEJIN, Taka took out pictures and then called the attention of fans who were currently at the premises of the school since they received information that JAEJIN is in State University along with his fellow “brothers”. As soon as Mina was nowhere to be seen, he jumped out of the bush and made his way to his sister.

Taka: I got what you ordered sis! Now, Pls. give me that awful picture of mine. *puzzled as to what his sister’s up to now and grabbed the scandalous picture of him from her*… Anyways, I’m off to my date now.

Mina: *smirks to herself* Those fans will help in circulating this upcoming rumor that I will make! Here, good job! You’ve done your part well… good luck on your blind date! Now, to edit the photos… *goes to a nearest internet cafe*

End Flashback…

Hikaru: It’s time for Plan B. I can’t let this chance slip away! YoTaka-nii! Do you know what time JAEJIN will meet his fans at the mall?

Taka: Hmm? I’ll check it first… Are you going there for his autograph or are you going to set Mina up again?

Hikaru: I’m doing something vital to both our dreams nii-chan but don’t you ever try to tell Mina about this!

Taka: Yeah yeah… just don’t drag me into this again.

====

Location: Fujii Mina’s house

Mina: Mom, it’s like everything that’s been happening now is in my dream except for the media and Hye Kyo’s group visiting our house.

Tsukiko: it’s just a dream Mina. Those girls won’t hurt you trust me!

Ding-dong-ding!!

Tsukiko: Maybe it’s the milkman… I’ll go get our milk!

Mina: Okay… wait… MILKMAN?... *follows her mother downstairs*… MOM DON’T --!

Milkman: Here’s your fresh milk Tsukiko-san! *smiles and gives the milk*

Tsukiko: Oh thanks! *turns head to Mina* What is it Mina-chan?

Mina: Ah… eto… Mom was right… a dream is a dream…*telephone rings* Ah…hello? Hikaru-chan! Shopping?... but… but… okay, I’ll see you at the mall.

Tsukiko: You’re sure you’re okay now?

Mina: *forces a big grin* YUP! I’m super fine thanks to your delicious breakfast! I’m going to spend the day with Hikaru-chan!

Tsukiko: You’re lucky JAEJIN cleared things up early this morning… now you can roam freely outside! Enjoy! Just don’t forget to come back before dinner!

Mina: Love ya mom! Bye! *kisses her mom’s cheeks*

==Chapter3 end==