Chapter1: Path to the Rainbow

North and South Poles

Location: State University, 5:00 pm

It is a normal day in State University, the only institute to accept scholars. Here, most future celebrities and promising elite professionals study. To be accepted means you are highly talented or very rich. As the bell rings, the silent corridors are filled with chatting students who are glad that classes already ended. Two friends are inside the room packing up their things.

Hikaru: Hey Mina-chan! Hurry up! Tanaka-sensei will punish us if we’re late again! So catch up, ne?

Mina: Okay, I’ll be at your back!!!!!!

*Both girls run to meet their team captain*

(Mina’s POV)

Call me Mina, just your ordinary girl who blends well with the surroundings. I’m like a chameleon: barely noticeable. I’m not timid at all, just a time bomb; bug me and you’ll fear the worst thing in your life. I participate in a cheering squad, you know, the reserves a.k.a the tiny helpers to bring in the pompoms and other props. Sometimes I wish the cheerleader would be extremely injured so that I could take her place. She’s been on the spotlight too long and I’m sick of seeing her always on top. Yes, I may look so innocent on the outside but I’ve been having these two tiny growing horns sticking out at the top of my head ever since I found out I don’t have a blooming puberty. It’s not only about her figure but her popularity and confidence as well. My twin Shino always teases me about it. I love him but I hate him calling me “flat twinnie” though I’m used to it already… Man, he looks even more girly than me. He’s this neat freak narcissistic brother of mine who cares more for his face than for his family…or maybe I was just exaggerating things. It’s just that, if I don’t wear a dress and put make- up on, I’m too plain and boyish. Now that school’s over, I might as well hurry up to the squad. Hope Tanaka-sensei is in a good mood today.

Mina: Let me pass!! Make way!!!  Make -- … AH!!!

As Mina made her way to the field, she bumped with someone in a not so crowded area and both fell in opposite directions leaving their bags half opened and both their things are scattered on the ground.

GUY1:  Ack!…Look where you’re going! *gets up, picks his things and glares at Mina then walks away*

GUY2:  Sorry, he’s just not in the mood today. Let me help you. *apologetically smiles while lending a hand to Mina*

GUY3: *picks up Mina’s wallet* I believe this belongs to you. Sorry for the trouble.

Mina: *instead of grabbing the hand, gets the wallet and placed it in her bag*Thanks. I’m okay. It is my mistake too. I’m sorry. *never attempts to look at the guys and made a fast pace* Kuso! I’m gonna be late again. That bastard!

GUY4: *the last to arrive in the scene while carrying bags* Ahh… Hyung, there you are! Pls. get your heavy bag… Eh, what happened?

GUY5: *sighs then noticed something on the ground* She left something! *picks up a watch*

Mina arrived late and was punished by Tanaka –sensei having to run a few laps around the large oval. It earned a few giggles and not so good remarks from her fellow teammates. Hikaru was worried why her friend came in late. As Mina finished her punishment, she sits beside her best friend giving a weak smile. A blonde-dyed haired girl boldly stands up and went to their side. She is followed by three more.

Hye Kyo: Late as always! And you’re planning to replace me as the cheerleader? The nerve! Ahaha! *glares* you will never ever be one of us! Let’s go girls! *leaves together with the three*

Hikaru: That Hye Kyo! Argh!!! *looks at Mina* What happened? You were behind me but when I made a turn I’ve lost sight of you?

Mina: Don’t mind her.I bumped with someone… My things are scattered on the ground. It’s okay Hikaru. Looks like being clumsy goes with me all the time! *smiles* I’m okay, really!

Hikaru: Hmm… how about eating our temper away? My treat!

Mina: Cool! So, where do we go now? I still need to go home at seve- HWA!! My… my… MY WATCH!

Hikaru: Let’s go back to the place where your things scattered. You really are clumsy Mina…

After such failed attempts in finding the lost watch they decided to part ways and look for it in the morning since it’s almost 7:00 pm and Mina needs to arrive in at most 7:30. On their way to the university’s main gate, a guy with a hood approached them.

GUY5: Ah, miss! You dropped this a while ago. You were running fast that we decided to just wait for you here.

Mina: Oh thank you! We’ve been looking for it! I’m sorry you waited too long to give it to me. You could have left it in the guard house. *smiles accepts the watch and places it around here wrist*

GUY5: It’s okay. I really apologize for what happened a while ago. You were in a hurry and we were kinda late to our appointment so we have no formal apology. Please accept our apology.

Hikaru: My friend doesn’t take anything as little as that by heart, she accepts your apology. Thank you so much! By the way, are you new here? I haven’t seen you befo-

Suddenly a huge group of girls came nearer to them and shouted “Hey, Isn’t it Jaejin! IT’S JAEJIN!! AHHH!!JAEJIN!!”

Jaejin: Kuso! Nice meeting you guys! I have to go! *runs from fangirls and fanboys*

Hikaru: OMG! Why didn’t I figure out it’s him? So you bumped into him?

Mina: Ah, no! It was another guy. Well, who’s he anyway?

Hikaru: *fangirl mode*Lucky us to have met and talked with him! Well, that means the other boys… Hey! You weren’t listening to me at all when I told you about him! About his group?

Mina: I was sleepy that time! Well, tell me about him next time coz I need to go home now!! BYE Hikaru-chan! *made a swift run away from Hikaru*

Hikaru: MINA!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Location: Fujii Mina’s House

Tsukiko: Mina! Why are you late?  

Mina: Mom, no punishments please! I’ve been full of it today… where’s Shino? So that means…I’m saved!

Shino: I’m home! Eh… Flat twinnnie! You’re early than me? Then that means… *looks at his mom* No! I don’t want to make dinner!  Eheheh… I remembered that today is our group study at Kyuuya’s house! *makes a fast escape* Bye Mom! Bye Flat twinnie!

Tsukiko: SHINO! Oh… well you’re not saved this time Mina-chan~

Mina: Can we have instant ramen then? *makes a run to the kitchen cabinet* How about we add an egg?

Tsukiko: MINA, Stop! Okay, I’m cooking this time! Get out of there now!

Mina: *silently laughs and went upstairs to her room* I know the ramen thing works 100%! *cellphone rings* Eh, Hikaru?

Hikaru: MINA, You’re all over the news!!!

MINA: Wah? What are you-

She was interrupted by a long shriek coming from her mother downstairs and she got her answer when a news reporter suddenly said that paparazzi photos of the famous Lee Jaejin with his rumored girlfriend was spotted at the gates of State University holding hands together while smiling lovingly at each other…

MINA: AHHHHHHHH!!!! *mouth agape at the news*

Tsukiko: Oooh!! My girl has great taste!!!!!! Ne, Mina-chan where did you two … *hurriedly went to her daughter as Mina collapses from pure shock*

Looks like, Mina’s life will be colorful from this day on….

-Chapter1 end-