Just when life couldn't get better...

The Devil's Assistant

 

DING

Wait…my alarm clock sounds weird. I feel sore. WHY did I fall asleep sitting??? Damn! Did I stay up late for another summative? Why do I never learn: procrastination is bad.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are experiencing some turbulence right now, please do not panic and go back to your seats.

Oh wait. Crap. I’m in a plane. To Seoul. Turbulence? Am I going to die? Please don't let me dieee!!!

 

Here is what happened when I woke up:

 

#$^%$#&^

 

I was sleeping in the weirdest possible position, and my neck hurts!

 

 

My eyes open.

 

#@$#%^&^*&

 

Realization of what is/had happened.

 

@$@#$#%%$!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, the turbulences are now over

Thank god!

Glance at the time.

 

!#@!#@!$#@^&*%$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Did I really sleep for 10 hours?!

 

@!$#$#@%$!! Mom is gonna shoot me.

 

Aish, I ran my fingers in my hair. It happened every time that I was frustrated. 

 

The plane was landing in less than half an hour and I was hoping that there were some kind of CTRL Z button (for those who are not computer people: it’s the short key for the undo button) that would take me back home. I had the very bad feeling that I was doing something I would regret for the rest of my life.

My first impulse was go back home, but I was in the middle of the Pacific Ocean...I wasn't just going to jump off and swim back...right?

Top priority once off the plane: Call mother and father and LIE.

Just when my problems couldn't have been worst, the cute guy sitting beside me wakes up and smiles. at. me.

swooooooooonnnn....

I just stare at him. 

He stares at me.

.....

Then he puts his fingers to his lips and tells me to keep quiet.

I just nod idiocally at him. I mean what was I supposed to do?

And then he goes back to sleep. Leaving me to my problems once again.

 

HENRY POV

Oh my gosh, I hope she won't tell people that she saw me on the plane. I'm craving for food right now...so very hungry...but i really have to pretend to sleep or else it will be very awkward...I hope the rest of Suju is at the airport because I have no idea how to get to the dorm from there...

Ouf, she's keeping quiet. Hmm, I look at her from the crack of my eyes (I'm still pretending to sleep). hmm it's weird she seems like she's deep in thought about something...I wonder what it could be?

 

SAM POV

 

Plane is landing.

 

I bolted out of my seat, snatched my purse and duffel bag and ran out,

walking over 3 people in the process, but then again, I was in hurry. 

The cute guy sitting beside me just looked at me, bewildered and surprised, but I really didn't have the time nor the patience to explain. Besides, even I did not know how to explain my actions in the last 24 hours....

I heard one old lady mutter to herself. “Sheesh, young people there days.” and from the corner of my eyes, the cute guy look at her and smile awkwardly, that was the last scene I saw before I turned the corner and got out of the plane and into the airport.

 

I had the urge to laugh, since I had always been the one that was complimented by adults. No one knew me here...so who cares?

 

Oddly, I LIKED this new feeling. I felt rebellious and……bad…?Is this the feeling the students get when they hand in a late assignment late and get scolded by the teacher? Hmm, I should try that one of these days. WAIT, what am I thinking? I shouldn't let this get into my head. Should not. I repeated that until I was certain that I was back to normal. Or as normal as I could be...

Once inside the airport, I opened my cell and dialed home and waited for the ring on the other side of the line. But then it would be blank and not ring....did my parents cut my phone? Did they disown me? Oh my gosh! They found out! How? A spy? I look around suspiciously at everyone around me....

, but then I realized that (of course) there would be no signal. I WAS IN KOREA. I have such a vivid imagination....

I, then, ran for the nearest public phone.

 

AISH. There was a man in front.

 

“Can’t you just come? I know I wasn’t supposed to come back until tomorrow. Yeah, I know the fans will be disappointed if I don’t show up from my flight tomorrow, but isn’t it too late now?! I still have to pick up Henry! I don't know where he is! He should be out now but I don't see him.”

 

Blah blah blah (the Korean was a little too fast for me….)

 

Man, can the guy talk. I crossed my arms started tapping my foot in annoyance, hoping that he was going to get the message.

He didn't.

 

“I know that it’s the 10th assistant manager but really she just wasn’t doing the job properly. She was supposed to be here picking ip Henry, but she isn't! Instead, she's going to a date! Fortunately I came or the poor guy would be lost and getting molested by fans!  Is it really that hard to find a competent person? FINE, I’ll find one myself then and I’ll bring her back right now!”

Aigo, such a spazz. Continuous foot tapping. Louder and harder this time. My foot stun from the tapping, I felt like a three year old, but whatever, I needed to call home.

 

It seemed to have worked since he took one look at me told the person on the phone good bye and took out a notebook. He then took out a pen, scribbled on a page, ripped it from his notebook and handed it to me.

 

“Here,” he said “Don’t make a big fuss out of it and don’t tell anyone that you saw me.”

 

What a weirdo! Is this the way how Korean people acted?

 

I threw the paper back at him (just saying that paper isn’t easy to throw cuz it’s so light, so instead, the paper ended up drifting back. But that isn’t the point.) Took out money and shoved..wait…WHAT?!

 

Well I learned one thing today: U.S. Dollar does not, and I repeat, does not work in Korean public phones.

 

 

MYSTERIOUS GUY POV (have yet to decide who this guy is…)

 

What the hell?! Jeez…fans nowadays really have a temper. Wonder what is gonna happen next. Always forget to recharge my cell SO now I have to use a public phone in the airport.

AND I still had to pick up Henry!

 

Suddenly this random girl comes out of nowhere and starts to tap her foot. Omo…this she recognize me? DAMN. I quickly hang the phone with my manager hyung and hand her an autograph.

 

The media better not know that I came back today from China. Fans would be pissed and blablabla. The whole deal and then people would go on making assumptions on why I came back a day early. JEEZ. I just came back because my activities were over and I wanted to see Suju. And henry would be coming back and as I guessed that assistant forgot. but REALLY?? It's her stupid job! I was just about to run and look for Henry...

But then that ungrateful fan throws my autograph back and…..omo is she gonna shriek? I HATE it when people shriek!...wait…she went and grabbed the phone -__-

 

“Hahaha…”I couldn’t help but stifle a laugh when I saw her trying to shove an American coin in the phone. Well I guess she wasn’t a fan after all…kekeke

 

“here” I said, and handed her a coin.

 

She eyed me and my coin suspiciously, took it and said

 

“Kamsahamida”

 

Well for such a tempered girl she sure has a sweet voice. And looking closely, she isn’t ugly. She could be pretty if she lost those glasses, cut and trimmed her hair, and…gotten plastic surgery to fix that jaw. Kekeke I’m so evil….>:)

 

I turn away when I hear her speaking English/gibberish. Only word I got out of her ENTIRE conversation : mom.

 

Wait a sec.

 

  1. She’s a girl
  2. Speaks English and korean
  3. good-looking enough
  4. voice is loud and clear
  5. temper (somewhat)
  6. and most important: She’s right beside me.

I knew my manager hyung. He made SURE that we achieved our promises....or else.

 

She screams perfect candidate. I mean who wouldn’t die to become assistant o only but the most popular boy band in Asia?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

hum...gotta decide who this is gonna be about now :/