A typical day....in hell

The Devil's Assistant

I wake up this morning....at 4:30 AM. After numerous pressing of the 'snooze' button, someone enters my room.

What time was it anyways?

My alarm bounces off the nightstand (I really don't know how it happened), and a pair of arms drag me off the bed. I'm still half-asleep until I hear the following words:

Late.

Fired.

Ok! I'll wake up! Sam, open your eyes. Get up, get dressed. No, Don't yawn. You need the money.

I repeat those words in my head as I reach for my closet in a half-asleep mode. 

"Get up and prepare their breakfast in the kitchen," I hear the manager's voice growl before he disappears out the door of my 'bedroom aka the study room'.

"Breakfast, kitchen." I grab the first things in the bookshelf also known as my new closet. It looks like it is a pair of old beat up jeans and a lime green shirt. Huh, I didn't even know I owned a lime green shirt.

I'm awake by the time I'm out the door. At least, as awake as one can be at 5 in the morning. So, putting my skills at work, I prepare breakfast. Western breakfast to be exact....toast and milk are just so much faster than the traditional noodles or porridge that is prepared in Asian homes. The bread are slightly burned, but I'm sure they'll deal with that.

The manager must love to wake people up because he went in every single room and dragged every single one of the members out of bed. It must be a tiring job, to be a manager....but then again he must earn lots of cash.

And so, like that, breakfast is eaten and teeth are brushed, all within the span of 25 minutes. You should see some of the guys. I agree, they are extremely good-looking, but they are not so eye-flattering with their messy hair and swollen sleepy eyes.

"Yah, why is this bread burned? I hate burnt bread. I want good bread." Siwon repeats in a tired voice, while staring at the bread with half opened eyes.

"Meeee toooo OUF." Henry says but then I shove the piece of bread in his mouth.

"Get ready guys, you're leaving in exactly ten minutes!" 

No reaction from them.

"YAH GET READY, HURRY UP I SAID DID ? YOU HEAR ME????" I scream at the top of my lungs.

Still no reaction.

"This is what you should do," the manager tells me beside me, " Oh uh, guys, there are a bunch of fans outside and the slower you are the more you guys are getting molested."

That seemed to have worked because breakfast disappeared in 2 minutes and Super Junior was standing by the doorway ready to leave within five minutes.

Fortunately, there are no fans out there, and they get in their vans. 2 vans because there are so many members. Instead of talking, they seem to prefer sleeping.

Then, I follow them to their stylists' room, where they get their hair and makeup done. I was about to sit when the manager hands a paper to deliver. No eye-contact, no thank yous, he just hands me a paper and tells me to 'find the photographer and gave it to him and come back' while looking at another piece of paper.

Rude much?

Photographer? He's a guy with a camera, right? So I must find a guy armed with a camera and that would be the person I'm looking for. With the paper in hand, I leave in search of the photographer, but everyone I cross are either look like they are void of any sympathy so I'm too scared to ask them, or running past me in such a hurry that they are gone before I even open my mouth.

Great.

Finally, I reach a counter with a nice lady behind it. The kind of lady that smiles at everyone who passes by and ask defence-less little children if they need any help or if they are lost. You know, the sort of person who applies too much bright red lipstick and it rubs off their teeth but they smile anyways?

So, I ask her in the most polite tone I can.

"Umm, sorry, do you know where the photographer is?"

She takes one look at me and her smile immediately vanishes.

"Photographer? Who are you?" she must be silently mocking at my lime green shirt....

"The photographer for....umm....Su...Super...J-J.." Oh My God! I forgot what they are called. It was something super pathetic that sounded funny. Super...Super...what? It reminded me of this of my sister's kindergarten teacher. When I was in junior high....Oh! I remember! they were called Super Junior!

"Super Junior's photographer?"  I ask, happy that I had remembered the name.

"I'm sorry. Fans are not allowed in this building. Please leave."

"What? I'm not their fan. I work for them."

There was no way I was their fan.

"Suure, That's what they all say." she rolled her eyes. I silently wondered how her eyeballs did not get stuck in that position. She just has to roll her eyes back, just a teeny bit more and she won't be able to roll them back anymore. muahaha.

I imagine how she would look with only eye-white. Then she wouldn't be able to apply lipstick. She must be a mind reader because she just looked at me, well glared at me, even more and called security. Yeah. Security. You know, the big men carrying tazzers walking around? Well they literally carried me out the door if it weren't for this one guy saving me.

"It's okay, she's with me." 

 

The guards and the counter lady nodded without even looking at me. Not only so, but they went back to do whatever they were doing.

I see he has a camera....

"Are you the photographer?"

"I guess I am? Why?"

Oddly the photographer looked familar somehow, but I couldn't put my hand on it....

I hand him the paper and run towards the Super Junior dressing room. I was already very late.

"Aren't you going to thank me?" I hear him say as I'm running towards the stairs, so, being the polite girl that I have been for the last 18 years, I run back, bow and throw a

"Thank you!"

before running towards the stairs again.

So by the time I actually got into the dressing room, I felt like I had just finished a 40K marathon. 

"Where have you been?" asks Donghae. Must I say that the stylists have a talent for transforming his half-awake face into this master piece?

"Running an errand to the photographer...why?"

"Because the 'photographer' was here about 5 minutes ago?"

......

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?"

I turn around to a very angry manager.

"Giving the paper to the photographer?"

"Well, he didn't get it. I had to do it myself. Here." And he hands me a pile of clothes, ranging from scarf to sock.

"Carry these along with this." and as if it wasn't enough, he piles a bag on top of the pile in my arms.

"Make sure not to get lost this time, all you have to do is follow the members." and he disappears once again.

That manager is scary and has a knack to appear and disappear very quickly.

But on top of all, he's rude.

"Need help?" Sungmin asks me.

Awwwn, Sungmin is such a nice guy! He helps me with a bit of stuff, and a monkey-looking guy also helps me out, much to Donghae disapproval.

"I'm Eunhyuk by the way," he tells me while trying to balance the pile in his arms.

"Oh hi, didn't we meet yesterday?"

"Yeah, but I never introduced myself." he said as we got in the elevator. " So hi!" he tried to shake my hand, but a water bottle fell from his hands, so he bent down, and this time a scarf fell. In the end, everything came tumbling down his arms just as the elevator doors opened.

Great.

Because of that, we get to out destination about 10 minutes late. Guess who gets reprimanded by the manager? Yeah. ME.

Just as the day couldn't go worst, I had to run little errands for the stupid members while they were stricking poses for the camera.

"Saaam, waaater" they wailed and I had to run and get them their stupid water bottles.

"Napkin!" and there I ran.

Never had I felt more tired in my entire life. Not even the time when I was forced to participate in Cross Country right after a soccer tournament. If anyone ever thinks of trying that out...don't.

After god knows how long, the photographer finally decides that the pictures are good enough (Did I tell you that it is NOT the same photographer dude...I guess I got the wrong guy...I wonder where he went...)

"Saaaaammm"

"WHAT?!" I turn around as Kyuhyun holds his empty blue water bottle to my nose.

"Water?" he asks.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

onlyhaelover : Well his identidy will be revealed later.... and yeah, he's from 2PM. ^^ 

sjlovesjworld : Thanks! :) Here is the chapter XD

Please comment!