Turn Around

It's A Complicated (Love) Story

Yesung buried his face into his hands as the silent tears that he was hoping wouldn't come started flowing. His thoughts were as chaotic as his feelings. What have you gotten yourself into Kim Jongwoon? Why do you always hurt that person who loves you unconditionaly? Is it so hard to trust him when all he does is love you without waiting for anything in return? Why Jongwoon? Why?

 

"i know your heart belongs to him, hyung. I know I will never be able to change how you feel for him. Or take his place. No one will. But I love you and I don't regret loving you. It is enough for me that you treat me kindly like how you treat all your dongsaengs. I'm already thankful for that and I'm not asking for more. Just don't ask me to stop loving you because I can't. I just can't. And I don't want to."

 

Yesung silently cried while his dongsaeng's words kept coming back to him. And the look that was in Ryeowook's eyes when he spoke those words earlier. The eternal maknae looked at him with eyes filled with love. And pain.

 

He tried talking to the eternal maknae because he felt like the younger man deserved better. He was just not good enough. And he couldn't trust himself to be a good boyfriend after his heartbreak. He had approached Wookie after dinner and told him to look somewhere else for love. He didn't expect the answer that the young man gave him.

 

It seems like the pain was too much to bear. He cried like the pain in Ryeowook's heart was his own. As if the pain that engulfs the heart of his dongsaeng is engulfing him too. He cried silently in the balcony. He was so lost in his misery that he didn't notice the person who entered the dorm and raised an eyebrow upon seeing his shaking shoulder in the dimly lit balcony.

 

The newcomer silently approached him. He snapped his head up when the newcomer sat down beside him.

 

"Teukkie hyung." He sniffed while trying to stop his tears.

 

"Jongwoon ah. What's the matter? Are you sick? Did something happen?" Leeteuk's voice was wrapped in concern. He put an arm around Yesung's shoulder.

 

"Hyung I'm such an idiot. How are you able to put up with me?" Yesung couldn't hide the anger and pain in his voice.

 

"What are you talking about Jongwoon ah? You are one of the nicest people I know. I couldn't ask you to be any other way."

 

Yesung just continued sobbing. He couldn't seem to stop the tears from flowing. Leeteuk waited for him to speak again but he felt like he knew what was the cause of the outburst.

 

"Is this about Ryeowook?"

 

Yesung looked up at the leader upon hearing the name of the eternal maknae, disbelief and surprise evident in his widened eyes.

 

"H-how...did he...how did you know, hyung?"

 

"I can't be oblivious like you. I need to keep an eye on every single member. I can see how he looks at you. I can see how he cares for you more than he cares for others. Even if you guys don't tell me I have to know. No, I need to know. I need to understand what makes all of you tick so I can be of help to you when you need me."

 

Yesung sniffed. He tried to understand what his hyung was telling him.

 

"So what's the problem Jongwoon ah?" Leeteuk asked again after a while when he saw that the younger man just kept silent.

 

Yesung shook his head slowly as if by doing so will clear the cobwebs in his mind.

 

"I don't deserve someone as good as him. He should be  with someone better. He deserves to be happy." Yesung wiped his face with his hands trying to remove the evidence of his shameful tears.

 

"Are you sure that someone better will be able to make him happy? Don't you deserve to be happy too? Do you think his happiness can be found with someone else?"

 

Yesung looked at his leader for a long time. He didn't know how to answer. Leeteuk squeezed his shoulder.

 

"Jongwoon ah...it's been a while. You deserve to be happy. He deserves to be happy too. I can't tell you to give it a try with him. All I can ask you to do is to let people love you and care for you. Don't push people away. Those people that you push away might just be the ones that you want to keep beside you. It's about time to move on Woonie ah."

 

Yesung nodded. Finally his tears stopped coming. Leeteuk stood up and extended a hand to him to help him stand up. He gave the angelic leader a tight hug.

 

"Thank you hyung."