Heartbreaker

It's A Complicated (Love) Story

RYEOWOOK POV

It's been five months. Five months since Kibum left the dorm. Five months since Jongwoon hyung became an emotional wreck. We all did our best to cheer him up and distract him from his sad thoughts. Even Heechul hyung and Kangin hyung had gone easy on their teasing. They may appear callous and insensitive but they aren't completely heartless. I tried my best to keep his mind from wandering to his sadness whenever I was with him. Now that we are preparing for our next KRY concert I made it a point to always be beside him. Even the evil maknae is helping me cheer him up.

 

"Hyung lets go have dinner after practice." I nudged Kyuhyun's foot with mine.

 

"Yeah hyung, it's been a while since we last went out for dinner." We both looked at him where he sat across the table and flashed him a hopeful smile. He looked up from the music sheet that he was holding and tilted his head apparently giving our suggestion some consideration.

 

"Hmm..."

 

Pease say yes. Please say yes!  I held my breath and crossed my fingers.

 

"Okay."

 

Kyuhyun and I smiled at each other. In another half hour we finished going over our music sheets and decided to finish for the day. Soon we found ourselves heading to a Chinese restaurant that Teukie hyung recommended before. We found the place and nodded our approval. It was simple yet exuded elegance. The tables were placed far apart to allow having normal conversations without having people at the other tables overhearing. The entire area was divided into half  by a  woven bamboo divider. The light tones of the floor and walls together with the subdued lighting gave it a cozy atmosphere. The waitress guided us to our table and gave us the menu. After a few minutes she bowed and left after writing down our orders.

 

"Aren't you going to inivite other Super Junior members to join you in the concert?" Shin Hua hyung, the guy mainly in charge of KRY turned to face Jongwoon hyung who was sitting beside him. I lifted my head to look at him as I waited for him to answer.

 

"I think we can ask Sungmin and Donghae. We can arrange to have a few songs to sing with them. But we have to check their schedules also to see if that wouldn't be inconvenient for them."

 

Kyuhyun and I nodded in agreement.

 

"I will use my aegyeo on Sungmin hyung to convince him. I'm sure he will not say no to the evil maknae." The wink that Kyuhyun made after that remark made the four of us laugh. I took in the sight and sound of Jongwoon hyung's laugh. It's been too long since I last heard his melodious laughter. After a few more minutes our orders arrived. We didn't waste any more time and started eating. We didn't realize how hungry we were after a long day of practice until we tasted the delicious food.  We were sipping wine after our dinner plates had been cleared from the table and our bill paid when Jongwoon hyung froze. His eyes widened while looking at the entrance. Anger evident on his eyes.  I started to feel nervous. He wasn't the type who easily gets agitated.

 

"Hyung?"

 

I turned in my seat to look at what made him react like he'd seen a ghost. The shock on my face mirrored that of his . I gasped. The  sound made Kyuhyun and manager hyung look back also. There stood at the door was a beautiful young woman holding on to a handsome Kim Kibum. They didn't notice us as we were in the corner behind the woven bamboo divider.  Jongwoon hyung stood up and stormed towards the newly arrived. I followed immediately afraid  that he might lose his self control. Kibum froze where he stood the moment he saw us. We braced ourselves but the outburst that we expected never came. Jongwoon hyung bumped Kibum's shoulder very slightly and disappeared through the door the three of us right behind him. I heard Kyuhyun and manager hyung exchange brief hi and goodbye with Kibum but I didn't bother to look back. He finally stopped walking when he reached the van. He was shaking as I reached out to hold his hand.

 

"Hyung."

 

He didn't say anything but instead hung his head. He took a few deep breaths before speaking.

 

"Let's go home."

 

Nobody knew what to say so the drive back to the dorm was eerily quiet. We watched his expression change from anger to pain and waited for his outburst. But he just kept quiet. It was the calm before the storm. Jongwoon hyung was the first to get off as soon as the van stopped at the parking space of the dorm. But instead of going to the lobby he turned to walk towards the other direction.
 

"I will follow him from a distance. Tell Teukie hyung I'm with him. "

 

Kyuhyun nodded and sighed. I turned to follow Jongwoon hyung but I kept my distance so as not to alert him of my presence. He was walking towards the playground to my relief. He sat down on one of the benches. He just sat there without the slightest movement for a good five minutes. Then finally I saw the shaking of his shoulders. He was crying. The only man who makes me happy is crying and I just stood where I was. I felt so insignificant .....so useless. I was getting mad at myself for being an idiot who can't even comfort a friend.

 

What kind of a friend are you Kim Ryeowook? Can't you even offer your shoulder for him to cry on? Will it kill you if you wiped the tears he shed for someone else ?

 

I slowly walked towards the crying man on the bench. I sat down beside him but he didn't give any sign that he was aware of my presence . I took out my handkerchief and put it in his small hands. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and didn't  say anything when I put my arms around him. He continued crying while I held him in my embrace. Until finally he stopped and pulled away. It took all my self control not to cry seeing the pain in his eyes.

 

"I'm here for you hyung."

 

He nodded and leaned on me resting his head on my shoulder. I put an arrm around him and we sat in silence as no words were necessary at that moment. In truth , I couldn't bring myself to speak in fear that the tears I was holding in would come pouring out if I opened my mouth. I kept my arm around him hoping that it will stop his heart from breaking because while Kim Jongwoon's heart was breaking ........ my heart was breaking too.